“Stay somewhere else”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Seattle, Washington
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel room on Expedia and when I looked at the description, I was promised 2 queen beds plus a living room area with a pull-out couch bed. When I got there I went to my room which was a simple 2 bed hotel room, no living room or couch. We went back to the lobby and when questioned, the staff said those type of rooms did not exist and that they didn't even have suites there. After telling them we might leave, suddenly a king 1 bedroom suite WAS available, would we like that? The reason we needed a separate sleeping area was so we could have our adult son there and some privacy. We were also told that breakfast would be served behind us in the lobby from 7 am to 11 am which indicated that like many hotels, it was included.

The room appeared to be quite nice once we transferred, but it still had issues. There was no bedding for the couch-bed so we had to wait for security to bring it as housekeeping was gone until the morning. Reception transferred us to housekeeping the first call even though it was "just leave a message". The pull out bed ended up having a broken frame which caused our son to have a difficult time sleeping. This was his first night of sleeping away from boot camp in the ARMY for over 14 weeks. It would have been nice if he could have slept. Also, our little coffee maker didn't work which was a bummer. Last but not least, when we went to the lobby to grab a quick bite before heading to the airport, we were told that breakfast was a buffet for over $12 a head.

We found that I had left a small travel bag in the room after we checked out, so I called the hotel to see if they had found it. I was transferred to housekeeping and got a message machine. I called back and was told that housekeeping would be in the next day and could help me then...that the only ones with access to lost & found was housekeeping. I was not happy with that option, so we drove back to the hotel. A security officer asked if he could help us and low and behold, he was able to find it right away. Two thumbs up to the security guy, two thumbs down to the dummy on the phone.

Right next door was the Hampton Inn & Suites, boy do I wich I had choosen that hotel. We had stayed at a different Hampton the two nights before and it was perfect. Less money and breakfast too. Also, be prepared for massive jet noise all night long. We knew that being this close to the airport that would be the case, but apparently this hotel has very little in the way of noise reducing windows or insulation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower levels probably have less jet noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LakeTappsLady
, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced with your stay here at the Courtyard Marriott Atlanta Airport West. I’m glad that we could help to accommodate you. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
OKC
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at the Courtyard about 2 weeks ago and it was a nice place to stay. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The only complaints I have are the luggage cart was extremely wobbly and squeaky and the parking was very crowded. The staff was very nice and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
MDougsiyeh_12, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for the terrific review. It was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and please hurry back soon
Hendersonville
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a new and very nice hotel. Convenient to the airport. Nearby restaurants. Friendly staff.

Stayed May 2012
MDougsiyeh_12, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review, and thank you for sharing this experience. This is exactly what we want to hear our guest service people are doing - applying their own good judgement and common sense and treating the customer the way that they themselves would want to be treated. We care delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return again soon!
Manlius, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very functional, new, clean in common areas. No frills. We had a small problem with the initial cleaning of our room, but it was taken care of right away. Good location to the airport, free parking and free airport shuttle. We stayed for one night in September, 2011 to ease our departure on an early flight after spending 5 nights in Atlanta. Limited food and drink onsite but plenty of food and shopping choices in the area, walking distance or a short drive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MDougsiyeh_12, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of the many amenities that our hotel and the Camp Creek Marketplace have to offer. Thank you also for the very nice comments about our shuttle and good location. We hope your travels bring you back to Atlanta often, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here in March 2011 (but May 2011 is as far back as my choices for when I traveled go). The property and rooms were beautiful, clean, and up to date. (I considered staying here again this past weekend even though my reason for visiting was 50 miles away.) Breakfast was great (but not included in the rate I paid).

One small snafu: I had asked for a late checkout, and was told I could check out an hour later than the regular checkout time. In between those times, I received a phone call from a staff member telling me I needed to check out; when I told her of my arrangement to check out one hour late, she told me she didn't have a record of it. She was a bit rude, but all other staff encounters were pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
MDougsiyeh_12, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
We would first like to Thank you for choosing the Marriott Courtyard Atlanta Airport West as your choice hotel while visiting Atlanta. On behalf of the Management Staff we would like to personally apologize for experiencing a negative encounter with one of our associates. As you have experienced with other staff members, it is our goal to provide every guest with World Class customer service and a unique memorable experience and just not an ordinary hotel stay.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Just stayed one night and mostly everything was great. The rooms are decorated very well and the bed is comfortable. I've been in a couple Marriotts recently, and I can't understand why they insist on putting the very small pillows on the beds. Do regular sized pillows cost that much more?? Also, could have used some more enthusiasm from the airport driver to go get my wife from the airport (I drove, she flew). I think he would have gone, but it just was easier to do it myself - by the time he had to pick up other people, get gas, etc.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
MDougsiyeh_12, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you for your nice review and for sharing your experience with us. Thank you also for staying with us. I apologize for your experience with small pillows, Marriott just made a change and we are in the process of changing out the small pillows to queen size. Sorry for the situation with the drive this issue will be address with that individual.
We very much appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you again when next in Atlanta!
Dubai
Reviewed February 16, 2012

A business trip to Atlanta resulted in me having to find suitable accommodation for a party of 14. Thanks to everyone at the Courtyard who made sure our stay as pleasant as they did. Having traveled from Dubai, with meetings in New York between flights our day had been been long and tiring by the time we reached the hotel. Check-In was personable and efficient, and my room was found to be immaculately clean with two very comfortable beds. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and all very fresh. Laundry service was used and found to be very efficient. Most of the party stayed for two nights and not one member found any problems. Very, very pleased with all aspects of the hotel and the shuttle which moved most of us between the airport, local bars, restaurants and shopping areas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank nathindubai
MDougsiyeh_12, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport West, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear A Good Find

We are thrilled to read that you had a wonderful experience at The Courtyard Atlanta Airport West Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our hotel. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. Feedback such as yours means a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Muktar GM
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 174 in Atlanta
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,644 reviews

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!