Chicho
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshome away from homeplace to stayfinger lickingan oasisnational parkfriendly staffexcellent servicechapaticoming backdusty townnothing is too much troublenairobimanagerwifiborucomforthosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I never envisioned such a place would exists in Marsabit. Quality services from staff, to the degree of comfort in the rooms. Huge bed, TV, Hot shower, Security and a great view of the hill filled County.

Pocket Friendly as well

1  Thank peggitt
NoorMarsabit, Owner at Chicho, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

At first, I was sceptical about Chicho having booked for reservation from Nairobi and following a recommendation from a colleague who'd stayed there previously. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the homely rooms, warm welcome by staff and in particular Mr. Noor who was always nearby ensuring that your stay was the very best. The rooms are clean, well ventilated, clean hot showers, with working wi-fi and cable TV. What I treasured the most was the quietness at night- no drunk guests nosily tottering back to their rooms in the wee hours of the morning. Slept like a baby... a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
NoorMarsabit, Public Relations Manager at Chicho, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was my first time to Marsabit, and I really did not know what to expect. I have stayed in all sorts of places. When we were driving in, I still wasn't sure! But i was quite pleasantly surprised! I am told this is THE BEST place to stay in Marsabit. Hot water, Wifi, a very very clean room. comfortable bed, fresh towels every day, it was all so lovely! I didn't miss home at breakfast time. which usually happens to me in other places where I cannot get cereal! But the breakfast was quite satisfying! Weetabix (my daily staple at home as well!), fruit, juice, tea/coffee, pancakes, eggs, all so lovely!The manager is one of the best I have met, going out of his way to serve you personally. Along with his entire family, he has made this place really a home away from home for so many aid workers like myself.

I definitely would highly recommend this place to anyone planning to stay in Marsabit! And I will be sure to return there on my work travels.

KUDOS team Chicho!

1  Thank ReshmaAzizKhan

Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a pleasant surprise - really not what I was expecting - spotless room, hot water, wi-fi that works and television - everything that you could possibly hope for after a day bouncing around on dusty roads - thanks to all for looking after me during the stay. Definitely recommended for anyone travelling towards Marsabit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My coworkers and I are faithful supporters of this outstanding establishment on our periodic trips to Marsabit. Rooms are cable-equipped, the wi-fi is flawless (provided you've got power!), and the hot water is a genuine treat after a dusty day in the field. As other reviewers are quick to note, Boru (manager) holds this place together. He runs a high-quality operation and is intent to make guests feel at home. Roll out of bed and enjoy a rather impressive spread of weetabix, fried pancakes, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee or tea; dinner options are limited but always tasty (put in a special request for the chapati and karanga). Laundry at a reasonable price is available on site as well.

If it's not evident already, I'd recommend no place else during your time in Marsabit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business