“Absolutely Fabulous Relaxation!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alton Towers Spa

Alton Towers Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Farley
More attraction details
Owner description: Step inside the Alton Towers Spa and find yourself in a blissful oasis of luxurious tranquillity nestled inside the Alton Towers Hotel, the perfect place to let your senses wander and your cares drift away. Spoil yourself with our complete range of personalised spa treatments. Within our Aqua Relaxation Rooms every door opens to reveal a myriad of wonderful surprises. Unwind and refresh mind, body and soul as you wander from the serenity of our pool, to the calm of our Crystal Steam Room, Meditation Room, or our brand new traditional outdoor log sauna.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous Relaxation!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I visited the Spa on my own last week for the first time. I have two young children so just needed to have some "me time!" I booked on the day to have a deep tissue massage & shellac. Both the therapists ( I think Dawn & Sarah ) were fantastic! Both very professional yet they made me feel at home considering I was on my own.
I then decided to stay & use the Aqua Rooms which for £16.00 was great value. I also upgraded to the lunch package for a further additional £10.00 - this was delicious!
I was extremely impressed with both the facilities & the staff
I will definitely be back!!

Visited March 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Could be a fantastic spa certain points let it down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Arrived at alton towers spa to a very busy reception area had to wait to be seen which was fine but nobody seemed to know what they were doing. We entered the locker rooms which are so dark and dingy and aren't maintained through the day at all by the looks of it. Toilet roll all over the floors, rubbish over-flowing in the bins and people's used towels and slippers strewn around. As if this wasn't bad enough the locker we were given already contained someone else's things!! Went back to reception to be told they had no more keys so we would have to use the master key and ask at reception when we needed to enter our locker.

We were shown round the facilities which were lovely, the variety is great and they have lots of things to do.

While we were having a tour of the facilities we were told to sit in the conservatory and ask at reception for drinks if we should require them. We did so and the girl that served us was very helpful and polite. I did comment to my mum how the tables hadn't been wiped though and had rings on them from various drinks. At this point some members of staff came to set up for their prosecco evening without wiping any tables and just threw cloths over them - my mother and I sat there in amazement at this!

We had the face and body treatment while we were there and again it felt like the member of staff didn't know what they were doing, the massage was more like a rub and not at all relaxing because it was so rushed.

I don't know if they had over-booked themselves as looking at other reviews this place seems to be a hit but on this day it certainly was not. The staff didn't seem to know if they were coming or going and were so disorganised leaving us rather disappointed. It is a shame as the variety of facilities here are great it was just the service that really wasn't at it's best.

3 Thank Rachel C
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A really nice spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We attended this spa in January when the main theme park and the splashdown hotel were closed, so the spa was nice and quiet. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this place was, it had several different experience rooms a pool, jacuzzi and excellent separate sauna outside. Our spa day included a meal in the main hotel which was excellent with very generous portions. The English weather meant we had a good soaking getting back to the spa after our food, but it was January after all. We both also had back massages which we both decided were the best we had ever had. Overall - highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Staffordshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely relaxing day yet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Fourth visit to the spa. Great service every time in a lovely relaxing atmosphere. The offers are fantastic -I cannot fault it. I have been to other spas where I haven't had treatments and there are less facilities but paid rediculous prices for them. I will continue to visit Alton Towers spa, me and my mum love it there!

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went to the spa for my hen party and it was fantastic. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. We all had a treatment as part of the package and all of us felt amazing afterwards. The therapists listened and responded with excellent treatments. The facilities were clean and well kept (staff were seen on a regular basis cleaning the areas). Lunch was also very well served and presented...as well as delicious!
Overall a fabulous experience and one that I would highly recommend!!

1 Thank JoandJack11