“VERY NICE FACILITIES”
Review of Alton Towers Spa

Alton Towers Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Farley
More attraction details
Owner description: Step inside the Alton Towers Spa and find yourself in a blissful oasis of luxurious tranquillity nestled inside the Alton Towers Hotel, the perfect place to let your senses wander and your cares drift away. Spoil yourself with our complete range of personalised spa treatments. Within our Aqua Relaxation Rooms every door opens to reveal a myriad of wonderful surprises. Unwind and refresh mind, body and soul as you wander from the serenity of our pool, to the calm of our Crystal Steam Room, Meditation Room, or our brand new traditional outdoor log sauna.
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The spa was lovely same about the noisy people in there.Well worth the money though.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

This was my first visit to a spa so I was pleased with the range of activities included in the price. The relaxation room was particularly good, as was the whirpool. Sitting with a book in the footspa was a great way to spend an hour. I had a heavenly back massage (which cost extra but was worth it).
I'd give the spa 7/10 for three reasons (1) the gents changing rooms are tiny. There were three of us in there at the same time and it was frankly embarrassing (2) you are provided with a robe and towel, but the robe is very small. I asked for a larger one and was told "one size fits all" (3) the brochure says that you are provided with slippers, but they actually cost £1 (the brochure is out of date, simple thing to fix for such a premium brand).

Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Alton Tower Spa was a really nice alternative to the theme park while the kids enjoyed the theme park - we enjoy some peace.. The staff were very professional and friendly.. They show round was very informative and good guidance if you had been to a spa before.. some of the areas look a bit tired but others look brand new.. Overall an excellent experience and would definetely recommend.. Book in advance it was hard trying to get beauty treatments to fit in with days plans..

Reviewed November 22, 2011

very relaxing and welcoming spa
didnt have treatments this time but would come back to try some but enjoyed relaxing

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I spent a relaxing day in the Alton Towers Spa while my son and his friends were in the theme park. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed.

Good points
1) Staff were friendly
2) Relaxation rooms were quite nice
3) Complimentary fruit

Bad Points
1) Changing room was tiny - only really room for one or two people to get changed at a time and the spa was busy with lots of people in groups

2) Crumbling paint work and dirty walls in the changing room.

3) Only two old fashioned showers. You had to keep pressing a button for 20 seconds of water and the shower head would not stay up properly. Not glamorous at all I have had better showers on a campsite.

4) After a three hour drive I asked for a cup of tea. It cost me £2.05 for a really small cup of milky tea with the tea bag left in in a plastic cup. Cheap and nasty

5) I had booked a deal that included lunch. My pasta was so over cooked it was like baby food, it was also soaked in oil. I had fruit granola and yogurt for desert, the granola was burnt.

6) I had a facial that was quite nice although involved the usual hard sell on products. I also complained that my eyes were stinging, the girl dimissed this with a comment of "I did not put anythng on your eyes" and proceeded to try and sell me the eye cream she has just put on me.

I had a pleaseant enough day but I was just wasting time. If I had booked say for a hen party, as many people seem to, then I would have been really disappointed.