“Tranquil and Peaceful”
Review of Alton Towers Spa

Alton Towers Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Farley
More attraction details
Owner description: Step inside the Alton Towers Spa and find yourself in a blissful oasis of luxurious tranquillity nestled inside the Alton Towers Hotel, the perfect place to let your senses wander and your cares drift away. Spoil yourself with our complete range of personalised spa treatments. Within our Aqua Relaxation Rooms every door opens to reveal a myriad of wonderful surprises. Unwind and refresh mind, body and soul as you wander from the serenity of our pool, to the calm of our Crystal Steam Room, Meditation Room, or our brand new traditional outdoor log sauna.
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Alton Tower Spa was a really nice alternative to the theme park while the kids enjoyed the theme park - we enjoy some peace.. The staff were very professional and friendly.. They show round was very informative and good guidance if you had been to a spa before.. some of the areas look a bit tired but others look brand new.. Overall an excellent experience and would definetely recommend.. Book in advance it was hard trying to get beauty treatments to fit in with days plans..

All reviews
"robes and slippers"
"on arrival"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2011

very relaxing and welcoming spa
didnt have treatments this time but would come back to try some but enjoyed relaxing

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I spent a relaxing day in the Alton Towers Spa while my son and his friends were in the theme park. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed.

Good points
1) Staff were friendly
2) Relaxation rooms were quite nice
3) Complimentary fruit

Bad Points
1) Changing room was tiny - only really room for one or two people to get changed at a time and the spa was busy with lots of people in groups

2) Crumbling paint work and dirty walls in the changing room.

3) Only two old fashioned showers. You had to keep pressing a button for 20 seconds of water and the shower head would not stay up properly. Not glamorous at all I have had better showers on a campsite.

4) After a three hour drive I asked for a cup of tea. It cost me £2.05 for a really small cup of milky tea with the tea bag left in in a plastic cup. Cheap and nasty

5) I had booked a deal that included lunch. My pasta was so over cooked it was like baby food, it was also soaked in oil. I had fruit granola and yogurt for desert, the granola was burnt.

6) I had a facial that was quite nice although involved the usual hard sell on products. I also complained that my eyes were stinging, the girl dimissed this with a comment of "I did not put anythng on your eyes" and proceeded to try and sell me the eye cream she has just put on me.

I had a pleaseant enough day but I was just wasting time. If I had booked say for a hen party, as many people seem to, then I would have been really disappointed.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

There were four adults - we had already booked the treatments about 7 months in advance. I had already paid for myself and my husband when I had booked the treatments. The couple with us just had to pay for theirs. Well this completely overwhelmed the receptionist - it took 15 minutes for the couple we were with were able to pay for their treatments. Which they did, they paid cash about £176. The treatments were fab, the girls were smashing. However, when we were about to leave after having the treatments we were suddenly stopped by reception who then said to the couple we were with that they have to check that they've paid for their treatments - it was very embarrassing, and announced infront of EVERYONE. It took 15 minutes and was very stressful - it ended up they got the original receptionist that took the payment when we first went it and asked them did she remember them and taking payment!!! I was godsmacked!! NEVER AGAIN. Between the 4 of us that morning we paid £340 and this was our treatment - very good treatment but very poor customer service - and their computer system obviously sucks!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The relaxtaion rooms at the spa were a wonderful discovery. I've been a few years ago and had some lovely treatments, but in trying to be more frugal, didn't indulge this year. However, having found the discount voucher we got with our hotel room, I couldnt resist a visit to the relaxation rooms - £10 for 3 hours. Its only usually £12.50 so a bargain anyway. It isn't as extensive as somewhere like Centre Parcs, but had 1 of everything, and was very quiet. There was a sauana, a steam room, a laconium. Pool, jacuzzi and whirlpool. As well as foot spas, a quiet room and 2 rain/tropical showers. There is also a conservatory to chill out in with complimentary fruit and water. There was supposedly complimentary fruit tea which we couldn't find, but there was a bell to ring for non-complimentary drinks so getting assistance wasn't a problem.

The only possible complaint was the changing rooms were tiny, and only 2 (very hot) showers.