“Would defiantly recommend it, and I will be using this hotel again!”
Review of Trough Ivy House

Trough Ivy House
Ranked #1 of 1 Farley B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

If you are planning to visit alton towers for a short break I would defiantly recommend this hotel to stay. Make sure you phone well in advance to reserve your room as spaces do fill up. I booked it in June prior to my visit.
When I phoned to reserve my booking the gentlemen on the phone was extremely welcoming and willing to answer any questions that you have. I book the birthday celebration package as it was a surprise for my best friends birthday and he took interest in this and assured me everything would be prepared and ready for our arrival.
On arrival we got into the courtyard of the house which was quite small but enough space to fit half a dozen cars in comfortably. The gentlemen who I spoke to on the phone come out and knew who we were straight away and made us feel welcome which was lovely, he even got in our car to move it into a space for us as we was struggling to do this.
We left our car in the courtyard all day when we was at the park and it was free of charge!!
When we returned we collected our key and went to our room, it was laid out very nice and was extremely clean. The balloons and banners were all up as I requested and there was the bottle on Cava on ice as I asked too.
The tv was very nice and the beds were very comfortable. The wifi didn't connect with our phones we did ask the woman who was in reception and she wasn't sure as she said it should be working so maybe it was our phones but it wasn't a major issue it was just a shame as we couldn't get any service whilst at the hotel.
The house does not provide dinner food so my friend and I asked the woman if there was anywhere to get food and she told us The Bull pub which was about a mile drive from the house, it was divine and would recommend going to get food if you hadn't eaten at the park.
The next day we had breakfast, my friend had a continental and I myself had a full English breakfast. The breakfast room was laid out lovely and well presented. We enjoyed our breakfast thoroughly and would recommend ordering it as it gets you set for the busy day ahead.
We were able to leave our car in the courtyard on the second day free of charge and we collected it at around 6 the following evening which worked out well for us both.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone going to alton towers it made the experience even more memorable and the people were so welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank CharBee123

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed last October for 3 nights and booked for the same this year.
Far better than the on site hotels. Excellent.
Rooms very clean (we booked 3) and the owner even cooked us pizza one evening.
Breakfast lovely. And the location perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rossbreese
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Swallows Nest and it was perfect! Just 2 minutes walk to Alton Towers and such a quiet location, i slept like a baby! Very clean and well kept. Carol & Terry, the owners, were very accommodating and were very helpful to suggest places to eat in the surrounding areas too. Will definitely be staying again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwong242
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We returned for a stay in the swallows nest on 19th september after visiting last year... Let's just say we will be returning again! It's a perfect little hideaway very close to Alton towers. We love it and will return again soon.
Thanks
Dan

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanWDawson
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the swallows next for 2 nights and it was perfect in every way! Fantastic location - literally a 2 min walk to Alton Towers and beautifully kept accommodation with everything you could need with really friendly and helpful owners! Don't hesitate and book it, I will most definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank smallfry78
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed in the self catering accommodation 'swallows nest' with my granddaughter for a two day visit to Alton Towers theme park which is only a five minute walk away.
The accommodation was very very clean, with fresh bedding & towels. Tea & coffee & all the bits you need for self catering. The owners were very polite & helpful.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is planning a visit to Alton Towers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank posie1612
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This stay was for my 21st birthday from my best friend, this b and b was perfect it is a 4 minute walk from alton towers entrance! Prime location after walking around all day and wanting to be back in your room! The owners are just brilliant, so friendly. They helped me park my car as the car park is small. We opted for the breakfast which is have to say was brilliant, one of us had a full english and one had a continental and both were delightful and good food! the breakfast room is really cute! The bedrooms are good sized and very clean! The bed was very comfortable and we both slept very well with no noise apart from upstairs floor boards creeking! I also had a suprise of birthday banners and baloons, with champagne which was lovely. There is a local pub about a mile away which we ate dinner at and it was very nice! This b and b is perfect, really good hospitality! I would without a doubt come back here and also recommend it to anyone who is visiting alton towers!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicola-jane92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farley
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
#1 of 10 in Alton
Heywood Hall
Heywood Hall
#1 of 5 in Denstone

Been to Trough Ivy House? Share your experiences!