“Chicken Picatta”

Charlie's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in East Ellijay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I am always skeptical about Italian restaurants in mountain towns. Honestly I’m skeptical about all restaurants except country cooking restaurants. I had wanted to try Charlie’s for a while but couldn’t muster up the nerve to do so on a date. So I went with family and it did NOT disappoint. It was a great atmosphere and the food was fantastic. My Chicken piccata was really good. It was about an 8 outnof 10. The chicken was a little over cooked but I’d rather it be over than under. I’ll be going back to try the pizza next.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

When we arrived, we were not acknowledged at the check in desk. A woman behind the desk was reprimanding a waitress in a very negative manner. Early bird was a good deal, but I noticed that specialty casserole dishes were no longer served in individual baking dishes and were just sitting unattractively on the plate. The server was aware that it was a birthday dinner but no celebratory words or offering was made. The chicken piccata was good.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We came to try Charlie’s for a family dinner and we were delighted to find the food was delicious! I would have given 5 stars but the service was very slow. They were busy but not backed up busy. We waited over 20 min to get our drinks and the slowness continued the whole evening. BUT, the meals we got were very good. My husband had the chicken parmigiana, I had the chicken Marsala, my daughter had pizza and my boys split the gnocchi Romano. It was probably the best gnocchi we all have ever tasted. We will go back just for that! We all got desserts and they were just as delicious. The presentation of them was very pretty. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank ChristiS340
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I had passed by Charlie's several times before deciding to stop. Great atmosphere and service. Waitresses really seemed glad we were there. And the food... oh, it was wonderful. Great Italian food served with soup and bread. There is a varied menu that everyone would like. Prices are average but not overly expensive. A great experience for all.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Dined here with family for a birthday celebration.

Appetizers we good. Salad was good. But a couple of entrees were served lukewarm.
The second round from the kitchen wasn’t much better.

We will probably give this place a second chance....