“BEST ITALIAN FOOD, HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!”

Charlie's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in East Ellijay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
New Port Richey, Florida
“BEST ITALIAN FOOD, HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We live in Florida and friends of ours have a cabin in Ellejay, GA. We went to eat at Charlie's and being Italian we normally do not go out to eat at Italian restaurants because we do not like their sauce and always compare it to our own. Our experience at Charlie's was phenomenal. The food is some of the best Italian food we have ever had . The staff was friendly, the place was impeccably clean and the owners were very nice and easy to talk to. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who would love to have a delicious, homemade meal.

1 Thank Donna L

Ellijay, Georgia
“great pizza and excellent home-made authentic italian dishes”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

being originally from N.J., this is the closest to N.Y. Pizza i've had since moving to north ga. 13 yrs. ago.They use the highest quality cheese,homemade dough and excellent sauce! Their main courses are also delicious and very reasonably priced. Great value for the dollar!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank larry g
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have traveled the world. I am Italian. I can honestly say you will NEVER dine on better veal than this restaurant serves. To find a place in this little town in the Georgia mountains that puts out authentic and absolutely savory food is unbelievable. I can honestly say I have never been through, near ,or in Ellijay without stopping at Charlie's. Only a true Italian can make Italian food of this caliber.

1 Thank ochbih
Gordon, Georgia
“Obnoxious owners”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I noticed when I visited that the employees looked miserable and didn't want to be there the owner/manager is very rude to the employees and costumers when a compliant was made about the food she didn't show any interest in resolving the problem then went to the cook and vented to him about the costumer and their complaint which the whole restaruant could here I also noticed that the staff was always being critized on their work they perform I also noticed that they really don't know how to manage a business and are more worried about making money then performing quality costumer service I advice not to come eat here it's really not worth the wait or the food

4 Thank Cantre
copperhill, tn
“Our new 'special' restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Although we've lived in the North Georgia mountains for 29 years, we had never eaten at Charlie's.....probably because it is 30 miles from our home, and any time we've been in that area we had eaten at several other places we enjoy. We finally ate at Charlie's, though, and I can only wish we had discovered it earlier. The food was great, service also very good, and a very nice atmosphere. We've always loved Italian restaurants, and the few good ones we have found in our area have closed after brief lifespans. We arrived in time for the Early Bird specials, and I had the chicken parmigiana and my wife the manicotti. Both dishes were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Best house side salad we have ever had anywhere. We loved our meals at Charlie's and will definitely be returning. It is now our 'go to' restaurant for special occasions.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Charlie's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!