“Awesome Ribs!!!”

Shane's Rib Shack
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in East Ellijay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I am very picky about meat and especially ribs. I ordered mine dry rub and they were cooked perfectly. Their sauces are good as well as their green beans. Servers were very friendly and kept an eye on you without over doing it which allows you to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife likes Shane’s but, I don’t particularly care for them because it always takes too long to get your food. After all, everything’s already cooked. What does it take to pull some from the food holder and slap it on your bread? However, this one was different. The staff was extremely nice and friendly and the food was ready in minutes. And…as usual, the food was good. Thanks to this Shane’s for having their act together.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Was visiting friends in Ellijay, Georgia and went to Shanes on a Sunday night. Menu on board above counter, ordered half a rack of baby back ribs, with a side of mac and cheese and a side of cole slaw. Giving a cup to use at the self serve drink machine and a number tree to put on the table. By the time I got my drink and flatware and sat down the food arrived!!! EXCELLENT!!
Never have had such meaty baby backs! After several days in Ellijay, the night before I left we went back to Shanes. ordered exactly the same thing!! EXCELLENT!!
Would eat there every night if I could.
Very relaxed atmosphere with friendly helpful service.
Probably not the place you would dress up for, or to have a quiet romantic dinner, but absolutely great ribs. WOW.
A half of a rack is sufficient, but both times I thought I probably should have "pigged out" and got the whole rack, because they are so darn good. ENJOY!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

great pulled pork, and side dishes like fried okra. friendly staff and folks that eat there. good for families too. casual.

1  Thank tpa34929
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I got takeout from this restaurant while we were in Ellijay on vacation just a few days ago and we enjoyed it.It kind of reminded me of Sonny's BBQ down in Florida.I had the pulled pork and my hunny had the sampler platter and we both had BBQ beans and potato salad as our sides.The prices were great and the portions hearty and the counter service was super friendly and prompt as well.We would eat there again.