“Find another hotel.... BAD>>”

Best Western Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Ellijay
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed only for one night, but that is all it took. Very cheesy hotel for the rate. Rooms were real plain nothing to write home about. If you get a double be prepared to go up stairs no elevator available. The first room we were given smelled like a wet dog, so I asked for another one we had to end up taking a queen bed room. I sprayed the room with disinfectant spray. The towels were not white dingy ((of a dark, dull, or dirty color or aspect; lacking brightness or freshness)) I was afraid to use them. Housekeeping started to vacuum the hall between 8:30 and 9:00 a. m. The TV picture faded in and out. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY////......)))) Oh yea the drive way leading into the hotel blind side you can not see driving up the drive good luck

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vionner

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Stayed at the Best Western Mountain View Inn during our annual "leaf viewing" trip...the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We asked for local restaurants and she suggested several.

The hotel was cozy....apples on the fireplace harth for us to sample from a local orchard. There were also several other "leaf viewers" were there and playing cards and dominos in the lobby area.

Nothing fancy....clean - cozy and accommodating!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel so we could enjoy the area. I paid with a credit card and was the only time I used the card that weekend. The next week my card company called and said someone had stolen my card number and was using it in California. I'm not saying that an employee did this, could have been someone hacking into Best Westerns computer system.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2009

My family had a wonderful time at this hotel. We stayed over the weekend and basically had the pool to ourselves on Saturday. I found the staff warm and inviting. This was a wonderful way to relax. Also, it was very nice to take our kids swimming during the Winter.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lgs321
Reviewed November 4, 2008

The main picture on Trip Advisor does not look like the hotel. If you click on additional photos, there are better images of the hotel as it currently appears.

I thought the hotel was clean. The room was spacious and seemed newer. The front desk was extremely helpful with the many questions I had about the area.

When I checked in, a very handsome and friendly cat named Buddy came to greet me; he's wonderful! He had been given up by his former owner who went to live in a nursing home, and the Best Western adopted him from an area shelter. I initially thought Buddy was living a comfortable life indoors, but later found out that the hotel makes him spend his time outside where he must constantly fear harmful humans, cars and the ever present coyotes, as well as deal with scorching heat, below-freezing temperatures, rain and snow. There is no reason why Buddy can't come inside permanently. The hotel already has a pet-friendly policy, and Buddy is housebroken (he not only can use a potty box, but he also goes to a door when he wants to be let outside to relive himself). The front desk area, which is enclosed by a door, has more than enough room in which to put a cat bed.

I would stay at this hotel again, BUT I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SAY A LITTLE SOMETHING ON BEHALF OF BUDDY. He should be able to live indoors, where he's safe and sound. When you visit the Best Western of East Ellijay -or just Ellijay in general- please be sure to insist that Buddy live a life inside. He and I thank you!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank thompskr
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Definately stay at another hotel.
The staff is rude, especially at the front desk where my young children were charged as adults even though they are not, the woman at the dest argued that they were and would charge me adult rates for them, they are 10 and 12, they are not adults.
The spa was very dirty and had bugs in them.
The bed in the room was the most Uncomfortable bed I have ever encountered, thus my husband and I didn't sleep much that night.
Overall, it was a terrible experience and we plan on staying at a different hotel when we return to visit our friends , this one we will never return to.
I hope this saves someone from a sleepless night and rude treatment from staff.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We were treated very badly for wanting to pay in cash! Will never stay there again!

Stayed: September 2007
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Best Western Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!