“Easy to relax..”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Ellijay
lgs321
“Easy to relax..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

My family had a wonderful time at this hotel. We stayed over the weekend and basically had the pool to ourselves on Saturday. I found the staff warm and inviting. This was a wonderful way to relax. Also, it was very nice to take our kids swimming during the Winter.

• Liked — The pool and staff
  • Disliked — The trip ended too soon
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lgs321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
thompskr
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

The main picture on Trip Advisor does not look like the hotel. If you click on additional photos, there are better images of the hotel as it currently appears.

I thought the hotel was clean. The room was spacious and seemed newer. The front desk was extremely helpful with the many questions I had about the area.

When I checked in, a very handsome and friendly cat named Buddy came to greet me; he's wonderful! He had been given up by his former owner who went to live in a nursing home, and the Best Western adopted him from an area shelter. I initially thought Buddy was living a comfortable life indoors, but later found out that the hotel makes him spend his time outside where he must constantly fear harmful humans, cars and the ever present coyotes, as well as deal with scorching heat, below-freezing temperatures, rain and snow. There is no reason why Buddy can't come inside permanently. The hotel already has a pet-friendly policy, and Buddy is housebroken (he not only can use a potty box, but he also goes to a door when he wants to be let outside to relive himself). The front desk area, which is enclosed by a door, has more than enough room in which to put a cat bed.

I would stay at this hotel again, BUT I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SAY A LITTLE SOMETHING ON BEHALF OF BUDDY. He should be able to live indoors, where he's safe and sound. When you visit the Best Western of East Ellijay -or just Ellijay in general- please be sure to insist that Buddy live a life inside. He and I thank you!

• Liked — BUDDY, front desk staff, cleanliness, proximity to things in town
  • Disliked — learning that Buddy is forced to live outside (no reputable shelter would have adopted him out had they known this would be the case)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank thompskr
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

Definately stay at another hotel.
The staff is rude, especially at the front desk where my young children were charged as adults even though they are not, the woman at the dest argued that they were and would charge me adult rates for them, they are 10 and 12, they are not adults.
The spa was very dirty and had bugs in them.
The bed in the room was the most Uncomfortable bed I have ever encountered, thus my husband and I didn't sleep much that night.
Overall, it was a terrible experience and we plan on staying at a different hotel when we return to visit our friends , this one we will never return to.
I hope this saves someone from a sleepless night and rude treatment from staff.

• Liked — nothing redemable about this hotel
  • Disliked — rude staff and very lumpy, hard, uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

We were treated very badly for wanting to pay in cash! Will never stay there again!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank NantucketAugusta
Lexington, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed at this hotel when my grandmother passed away. We had two rooms for my family, my brother and son, and my parents. The staff was totally rude. The clerk actually came down to our rooms at check-out on the dot and began going through the room and pulling sheets off the bed. I believe he was angry because I let him know earlier that he was rude. Terrible treatment at a very low time for our family.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank YSCLEX
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2007

I found the driveway that others have complained about quite fun. It really isn't bad. It IS very steep but there wouldn't be such a a great view without the climb.

We paid $99 per night for a suite with living area, microwave and fridge. I thought it was a good deal. Other rooms go for around $65. Front desk was very nice and efficient. The room was a nice size. Bedding was not great. There was a sheet with a comforter ...that's it. We found a thin blanket in a bureau. We left it on the bed hoping housekeeping would get the hint and include it when they made the bed. Instead, they laid it out over the comforter. Strange. Also only provided two pillows for king size bed. Front desk accomodated our request for two additional.

Indoor pool is heated to around 80. Hot tub was nice and toasty on a cold, rainy day.

I'd recommend bringing your own toiletries. There was a bar of soap and a small bottle of suave that I could barely get out of bottle. Kind of frustrating with the new travel restrictions. We just went across to Walmart and bought our own stuff.

There is a continental breakfast available until 9:00am. We didn't try it but looked like a good variety.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is fairly new, very clean and a good value.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WunelleTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

The motel sits high on a hill overlooking the valley and surrounding mountains.There is a steep climb up to the motel which is quite interesting unto itself. Low profile cars might have a challenge descending due to this steepness.
The room we had was smaller than some,but clean and comfortable. The pillows,however, were like wafers. Pool is indoors with a sundeck adjacent to it.Staff were friendly and accommodating. The big plus,however, is the VIEW.

• Stayed June 2006
#2 of 4 in Jasper
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!