La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical
ResidenceInn.com
$130
$127
Staybridge.com
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center(Dunwoody)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
$161
$131
$110
$134
$69
All reviewspet friendly hotelup to datethe breakfast areanorthside hospitalgreat areasandy springsyogurtfree breakfastnice stayfront desk staffthe room was nicebusiness centeratlanta perimeterpetspublixchannelsrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We stayed here five days while in town for a conference, staff was nice and accomodating. We were upgraded to a bigger room due to problem in first room. Used the hotel shuttle service everyday and really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was adequate ( could use more choices) but it was fine. Really pretty and clean.
Would stay again if in the area. ( Oh area is in a safe environment) and all you need is close by.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank pammy7
Reviewed July 12, 2008

The front desk staff greeted my husband and me warmly upon arrival. They were helpful with directions to nearby restaurants. Be sure to eat at Chequers, a local seafood grill. The room was very clean and nicely decored. It contained a microwave, refrigerator, wall tv, huge desk, and the most comfortable bedding/mattress I have ever slept on. The hotel has been recently renovated, so the room's colors were very bright. We ate the continental breakfast, which lasts from 6 - 9 a.m. EST. It had such choices as apples, toast, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fruit salad, apple juice, orange juice, and milk. I have stayed at other La Quinta's with more choices, including bananas, bagels, etc., but the breakfast was still nice and adequate. When I stayed, I used the online discount code USTBLE. I saved 20%, no questions asked. I am not sure how long this one will last, so if it doesn't work for you, research other codes online.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My family and I selected this hotel as a stopping point on a recent trip to New Orleans, primarily because of the value and the location. I was also intrigued by the photos on Trip Advisor, and had to get an eyeful of a La Quinta with such funky decor!

We arrived at about 11 pm on a Friday night, and I was very pleased with the location...quite easy to find off the interstate and safe, safe, safe! I have stayed at some hotels in Atlanta where I was afraid of leaving my car unattended and even more afraid of crossing the parking lot to enter the building! I had stayed in the Perimeter area before, and knew it to be a business-class area. Honestly, this neighborhood is dead as a doornail on a Friday night. If you're looking for parties and action, this ain't your place, but it suited our purposes just fine.

We rolled in at the same time as a busload of college baseball players. Now, some of my girlfriends might have found this to be an unexpected treat had they been present, but I'd been on the go since before dawn that morning, and I just wanted some quality sleep. I was dismayed to find that many of the boys had rooms on the same floor as ours as they were all milling about in the hall and yelling back and forth at each other. I just knew they'd keep us up all night, but I was surprised to find that these rooms are pretty soundproof. Once settled in, whether as a result of the coziness of the beds (which, admittedly, were nothing to write home about - neither good nor bad) or from sheer exhaustion, I was out like a light until 7 am the next morning.

The thing that most impressed me was the way the place was decorated. Very funky and modern...more like a boutique hotel than a budget chain! They had original artwork on the walls, the furniture and bedding was tres cool, and I especially loved the window treatments, which were stylish yet practical. The bathrooms were cute, too, and also quite functional if you care about such things as that (haha!) I noticed that the flooring in room's entrance area and the bathroom was that linoleum stuff that looks like wood floors. It sounds ludicrous, I know, but I found it to be a really interesting and practical choice, as it worked quite well with the theme. Can you tell by now that I was really impressed by the decor?

The next morning, we headed downstairs to the free enhanced continental breakfast which my daughter and I enjoyed in a lovely courtyard by the pool area while my husband chose to remain inside the air conditioned breakfast area, adjacent to the lobby. This area, too, was very clean, superbly decorated, and the breakfast was pretty good as well. (And, did I mention how CUTE the place was?)

I know 5 stars is a lot to award a La Quinta Inn. No, it is not on par with the Four Seasons Wailea, the Cloister on Sea Island, or the Greenbrier in WV, but for what it is, a budget, business travelers hotel, it couldn't have been better. Plus...guess what? The decor was to die for!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

The reviews on TA were mixed so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is very nice and the front desk staff was friendly. The room decor is modern minimalist but functional. I was in an executive king which has a desk the full length of one wall. While this may work for business travelers, it is wasted space for leisure guests. The ac/heating unit is located under the desk which is a little odd. However, you control the temperature using a wall mounted digital thermostat; much better than the standard knob or push button on the unit. My only problem was I had a room with a very noisy ac unit. The front desk sent someone immediately to check it out; I eventually had to move and no complaints afterwards. If you're looking for luxury, this is not it. Yet, my stay was very comfortable and in a great area. The bed is awesome. Definitely would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Stayed at the La Quinta for about 4 days. The price was somewhat below other hotels since we stayed for 4 days we got a little better deal. The location was in the middle of were we were going so it was handy. Did not run into traffic as we tried to time our arrivals away from work traffic.

The hotel is average, There was coffee spilled in the elevator. Even when they cleaned it the elevator stunk a little musty mostly. But not a biggie.

They tell you to lock your doors and take your stuff out of your car. I think they may have trouble with breakins we parked our car and I noticed broken car window glass in the space. Not sure how long it was there. We did feel safe at the hotel, but that glass was disturbing. It should have been cleaned up better, so as not to alarm the guests.

The hotel did not offer wireless internet only wired internet they did supply a cable. The access was rather slow however.

It was recently remodeled and it looked good inside. They have this thing at La Quintas about giving you 2 large towels because they want to help save the environment. I say give me a break and stop being cheap. But we asked and received towels.

The breakfast consisted of bagels and sliced bread when they had them (which was only one day, when we stayed for 4). They had orange juice, apple juice and milk 3 of the 4 days. Didn't seem to matter what time we showed up. Everyday there was less and less food available. Mostly high carb selections, that appeared to have been defrosted prior to serving. Was very disappointed in the breakfast. They had most of the entries the first day but less and less choices the other 3 days. They had nice muffins, make it yourself waffles,eggs and fruit and drinks. Bagels and bread seemed to be gone most of the times we went. It does get old to eat the same old high carbs. But it should have been consistant.

One thing on the the La Quinta hotels themselves. They allow pets, we had someone next door with a dog that barked at night but he quieted down. They were there one night. I don't particually like spending my nights with barking animals. I also had trouble sleeping 2 of the 4 nights. A constant clock alarm we going off at night that only I appeared to hear. But if you run the AC it covered the sound. But it gets cold running it constantly.

Speaking of the AC they have this thermostat that we had trouble controling. It would not sense the temperature right. It would get really cold when it ran but got really hot before starting back up again. It was just really wierd and not very comfortable.

We ate at a place called shanes rib shack and it was very affordable and the food was great wasn't the cleanest place. So you may want to find one they are around. It took us a while to find the restaurants but they are close by. The hotel has a map to them. Most were pretty expensive.

Went to The atlanta aquarium it was fine. Went to coke cola tour The working bottler was really not working it was mostly simulated. It was expensive and mostly a big coke promo. Not much to it. The tasting of the different coke products from around the world was good.

Went to stone mountain it was very very good. The kids liked it a lot. So if you have kids try that one. It was $100.00 for 4 through AAA.

• Stayed: June 2008