“Excellent value, clean rooms, and quiet venue”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent value, clean rooms, and quiet venue”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

After reading mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, I was skeptical about booking this hotel for my husband's birthday weekend, but I decided on this hotel, and we were very pleased. I received an exceptionally low rate booking directly through the hotel's website and making an advance purchase. The hotel was right in the heart of several great shopping and dining options, including a shopping center, mall, and Wal-Mart nearby.

The room was clean and comfortable with the highlights being a very comfortable bed, a mini fridge, microwave, wet bar, and a 32-in. flat screen tv in each of the two rooms.

The breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of items, and there was only a long line on Sunday. They served everything from freshly-made omelets to banana nut muffins, grits, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, and pancakes. We stayed on the 10th floor, which provided a great view of the hotel through the glass elevators. The halls were incredibly quiet.

The only drawback is the charge for wireless Internet usage in your room. However, there is a business center with two computers offering free Internet, and we were able to use those daily.

We used to stay at a different hotel during our Atlanta visits but will definitely return to this hotel on future visits.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tshep22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We took a couples trip to Atlanta,Ga in September. We all decided on the hotel based on the info from the web site. Well as you know you don't always get what you see online. With this hotel you get exactly what you see. The rooms were great: nicely decorated, spacious, clean, flat screen tv's in both rooms, & modern style bathrooms. Breakfast was great also, they give you such a variety to choose from, if you leave there hungry it is your fault! The Manager's Reception was more than I expected. I thought we were only provided with one drink, but to our suprise, as long as the reception was open you could return for as many drinks as you wanted. Also during this time they provide you with snack foods like pretzels, nachos and dip, vegetables and dip, and they even had soft drinks for the kids. If you like shopping, it's located near lots of it. There is a mall 3 minutes from there, along with lots of shopping plaza's. I saw a family reunion while we were there and thought they picked a nice place to have it. The room rates were great, especially for what's included.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingCouple1998
Raleigh
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hotel was very nice. Located around lots of restaurants and attractions. Manager's reception each night was top notch. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Columbia, SC
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I traveled to Atlanta with a group of couples. From Check-in to Check-out we received superior service at this beautiful hotel. Every morning breakfast was available and we received more than enough food to satisfy our appetites. The managers reception is a very nice added service that this hotel offers. Each day we parked in the parking garage behind the hotel that is shared with a office building next door. No matter what time we returned we were always able to park on the lower deck. The only negative was a $50 incidental charge to my card at check-in, that the reservation agent did not make me aware of. But it was released the next business day. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this Embassy Suites again!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Southeast USA
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I just stayed at this Embassy Suites with some friends for a "girls weekend" in Atlanta.

Let's begin with the positives: I was able to get a decent room rate for less than $100/night. The hotel is in a good location. Very close to a large mall and several other shopping centers and restaurants. It is set up like all other Embassy suites with the large atrium and interior access to the rooms. The suites are a good size. The hotel is somewhat old; however, it does seem like they've tried to modernize the suites with more contemporary furnishings. Parking in the hotel parking garage is free.

Now, with the negatives. Like another reviewer mentioned, the hotel does ration the food given out at the complimentary breakfast buffet. There was a hotel staff member that handed out the breakfast meats - no more than 2 pieces of bacon or sausage per person. I've stayed at several Embassy Suites before and have never seen this done. They should be ashamed of themselves! Another negative was their parking garage. It was attached to the hotel, but it was also shared by an office building next door. Depending on the time day you drive in, you can have problems finding a decent parking spot. Also, there wasn't an entrance into the hotel from the parking garage; you had to walk (or depending on where you parked, take the stairs down) out of the garage to a side entrance into the hotel. It really was inconvenient and could be somewhat unsafe if returning late at night (although nothing happened during my stay there).

I was disappointed with this hotel. I don't think that I'd choose to stay here again when there are so many more in the area to choose from.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlphaRiss
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My GPS “You have arrived at your destination”. Where??!!.
Sign is a bit hidden. But I should have trusted old TomTom.

Always great breakfast. This Embassy does not have a buffet like the one does (did?) in Montgomery. They serve from behind the counter. Still good and helps me from over eating.

Good News. They have a Starbucks.
Bad News. It opens at 11:00. I need this place open at 0700! Not 1100.
This is also their "restaurant". You can get a full meal. More like a diner. Good food though.

Good News. They have wifi.
Bad News. They charge $10 a day.
I would have used it "maybe" 4 hours a day. It's not expensive but more than I wanted to pay for 4 hours of connectivity. They do allow business travelers (others?) to check their emails and what-not, in their business center.

Good News. Service and support are wonderful. Didn't meet an unhelpful or unfriendly employee for my entire week long stay.
Bad News. Well, none actually.

Rooms are well kept up. Bathrooms clean and fresh. Two large format TVs. One in the living room, one in the bedroom.

Movies are a tad pricey but I think that is just hotels in general. E.G. $17 for a “In theaters Now” movie.

Bad News. No SyFy (stupid name) channel.

Some tongue in cheek in the above. But bottom line, I would stay there again. Happily.

If I had wishes, it would be that they took pets. The one in Montgomery does (did?). We were there, wife and 2 Springers, for almost 6 weeks when we moved back to the States.
We were treated like family. This is one of the reasons I have always remained an Embassy Suites fan.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
GA
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Just came back from a weekend visit to ATL and stayed at this hotel. This hotel is a little hard to find as the sign sits further back offf the road. First off let me say the rooms were great! Modern decor, spacious, clean, and the bathrooms were actually pretty big compared to some other E.Suites we've stayed at. I loved the layout of the bed also, as it presented a great view of the outside world. The hotel is also in a great location, close to the mall, stores, and a variety of restaurants.

However, the biggest problem we encountered came from the breakfast buffet and breakfast staff. The food we had one day was cold and did not taste good at all. Our eggs were cold (seriously as if they had been out for a half an hour or so) and so was every item on our plate excluding the cooked to order pancakes. My whole family was also VERY DISAPPOINTED with the way this hotel rationed their food. During the managers reception we were only allowed one drink (usually they allow two). Also during breakfast, the staff would only allow us 2 pancakes each! And when a family member asked for another pancake the girl got upset and began talking about how she's not making anymore pancakes and when they are gone they are gone, this even though there were three people working behind the counter (a light skin black gentleman, a Hispanic girl, and a black female). However, even with the three of them it seemed too much to make a couple pancakes so that my husband could get some for his waiting family. Furthermore, on two different days the cooks commented to my husband that "he must be hungry" or "he's a big man" because he asked for seconds with food. To me this is not customer service! Also, one morning all of the juice in the juice machine tasted like water so we were forced to drink soda for breakfast and it remained that way the whole time we were down stairs.

Additionally, early Monday morning around 3 or 4 am we went to the front desk to inquire about nearby 24 hour stores (someone in the family was sick) and we could find no staff anywhere. We waited, called out for someone, even walked around to see if we could see anybody, however after nobody showed up, we figured they may have been sleep. This put a bad taste in our mouth that no one was manning the front desk during the early hours of the morning.

This hotel is very clean, and the rooms are great, but with the experiences we had with the staff this weekend we will most likely not visit this establishment again. Our family was planning to return to the area later in the summer but most likely we will try the Hilton Suites and see if we have better succes there.

Side note- only one remote for both TV's, big bathrooms, loud runny toilets, comfy couches!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trips27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!