“Classic Embassy Suites - Very nice stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Reviewed November 8, 2008

Very nice hotel, classic Embassy Suites. Large attrium, three glass elavators, 10 stories. Stayed two nights Nov. 1 & 2 for a family gathering. Used the shuttle to get from the Sandy Springs Marta station to hotel and back. A short ride as it is about 2 blocks away. Weekend breakfast line was long and slow around 9am. Standard cooked to order fare, omlets, pancakes, french toast and eggs to order. All and all, a nice hotel for a stay in the North Atlanta area. Ladies in group made good use of Perimeter Mall which was also close by. Standard Embassy Suite room, booked the double-bed style. Two flat-screens, sitting area, clean. Free drinks at happy hour, three beer taps.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ES-GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Center. We truly value your business and will make sure to share your comments with our team members.

Reviewed August 22, 2008

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Perimeter Center from August 17-22 and was satisfied with my stay. I was here on vacation (I tagged along with my husband on a business trip) to the city.

This Embassy Suites is within walking distance of a lot - an outdoor shopping center, Georgia's second largest mall (Perimeter Mall) and many restaurants to suit anyone's tastes. It's also within walking distance of two MARTA rail stations and several MARTA bus pick-ups. However, Embassy Suites has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel - that'll get you to just about anything you need.

The area is pretty upscale; a lot of the restaurants are pretty pricey (you can easily spend upwards of $20-30 on each meal without any trouble); however, there are plenty of moderately-priced options as well (Outback, Olive Garden, Mimi's Cafe, Taco Mac, etc.). You'll have no trouble finding food here. Plus, the hotel has a restaurant - I didn't try the food, but it seemed like the usual American hotel fare.

Our room was very nice - some of the most comfortable bedding I have EVER slept on! I wanted to take the bed home with me! The cable channels were a bit limited, but enough if you're just catching some CNN or a movie here or there. In-room movies are pretty expensive (almost $11 each), but considering the movie theater a couple minutes away is $10 per person, it's not so bad if you'd rather stay in (and save yourself the popcorn and pop $$). The only thing that was a little strange was that there was no exhaust fan in our bathroom (maybe it was just our room?). Other than that, I couldn't have been happier with the room.

The hotel atrium and common areas were nice as well. The "manager's reception" each evening was nice - free drinks and snacks (Goldfish crackers, pretzels, nachos with cheese, veggies). Don't expect a lot, though; it was the same food every night.

One of the only drawbacks? Wireless internet costs $9.99 per 24-hour period. I only got it the last day I was here, just because I had done enough shopping and had nothing to do while I was waiting from my husband to return from his last day of class. I've heard if you're a frequent guest or have special privledges within the hotel chain, you can get the wireless for free. There are two computers in a room off the atrium with two computers/a printer/copy machine/etc. for business use that is free, as long as you can find a computer unoccupied.

Overall, I was pretty happy with this hotel. Would certainly consider staying here again if my husband was ever back in town for a business conference.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed July 8, 2008

I recently stayed at this Embassy July 4-6, 2008. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, but this time was definitely the best. The hotel just recently completed renovations 4 weeks ago. The rooms and color schemes look great and 32'' flat screen tvs have been added to the rooms as well.

The full cooked-to-order breakfast and manager reception is enough to book a room here. Everything went fine with the stay but I would suggest to anyone booking through the hotel website to compare prices on a search engine such as www.expedia.com to find a lower rate. After booking a non-refundable rate, I found a rate $30 cheaper and tried to unsuccessfully get the hotel brand to match the rate through their Best Rates Guarantee policy. They refused because they said everything did not match (Expedia offered a free $25 gas card in addition to the lower price, I really missed out!)

Anyway I would definitely stay at this location again!

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed July 5, 2008

The price was right but I would go elsewhere if I had an option. I paid $62 on Hotwire.

It's a nice hotel. Very clean and with nice suites. The bad was that they wouldn't give me a room with 2 beds instead of a king. I offered to pay the difference and they declined. They told me to call Hotwire.

As it turned out. The mattress on the bed was so uncomfortable that my wife, daughter and I were fighting over who got to sleep on the sofa bed.

Breakfast was ok, nothing to get excited about.

There is no free internet. I had to pay $9.95 per day for internet access. We have multiple computers and had to pay for each.

It's a nice place but there are better places around the corner

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2008

We got a great AAA rate for our three nights and it was a great bargain for this hotel. We had two rooms for 4 adults and 4 kids and it worked out great. The staff was always very nice to us and accommodating. You cannot beat the free drinks at night and the breakfast buffet in the morning. My kids still talk about the breakfast time there each morning. We all just had a lovely stay there. I would definitely choose them again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2008

Have stayed at many Embassy Suites and was a little disappointed. The breakfast wasn't up to par and the rooms weren't as nice as other Embassy Suites. Otherwise, clean and sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank simsville42

Reviewed May 30, 2008

This is a good facility. We stayed on a weekend when there were two family reunions, so the breakfast and manager's reception were less than enjoyable as it was difficult for the staff to keep pace with the crowd. We stayed over through Memorial Day, so the crowds had checked out by Tuesday morning. The breakfast was excellent on Tuesday.

Rooms are adequate and comfortable. Because we traveled with a 21 year old, the charge for internet access was not well-received and there were complaints from her that there were not enough TV stations.

Overall, we were pleased with out stay. If I had known there were two family reunions booked during our stay, I would likely have made another hotel choice.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gsellars

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!