“Newly renovated and free breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stay mostly with Marriott, but decided to strech out a little with the Embassy Suites. It was a good choice. We returned to the city and had several friends to visit. The hotel made a great base camp to meet friends.

The center atrium was bright and roomy with a large water fall. We had several places to sit, visit and have a drink. You cna either enjoy the free happy hour each night or the bar. Both worked well for our visit.

The hotel was recently renovated, not sure when, but it was nice to stay at a "new" hotel. the room was very clean and well appointed. The free breakfast was well worth the price and easy.

There is a great restaurant within walking distance and the shuttle is willing to take you to hundreds of places in the area inclduing MARTA to take you downtown or the airport.

We enjoyed to open space and larger room. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend. Chose this hotel last minute because I did not want to pay the high prices to stay downtown. This hotel is appx 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta which is not bad. If you don't want to drive there is a MARTA station very close. The perimeter area has lots of shopping and many restaurants. The hotel itself is very nice and modern. The rooms are large and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had a two night confirmed reservation with Embassy Perimeter Center. Due to a Volleyball Tournament, a team won and unexpectedly extended their stay. The Front Desk person was very professional informing me they were overbooked for the night. He called another excellent hotel where Embassy had a number of rooms on hold in the event of an emergency. (I.E. Being overbooked) Embassy made a reservation for me, gave me written driver instructions to this hotel which was only three blocks away. EMBASSY PAID for both nights. Embassy personnel went above and beyond to provide me another great room for two nights with another hotel. Embassy personnel were excellent and I would not hesitate to reserve another room with Embassy.

Room Tip: Check-In as early as possible to successfully RESOLVE any potential problem ASAP.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I checked in with a group of people, so I didn't encounter much of the scheduling and handling. The breakfast is incredible and the building is beautiful. I'm used to very cheap hotels, and I've never felt so spoiled as when I stayed here. The beds could eat you whole, they're so comfortable and luscious. I was busy during the day, but when I came back to nap in the afternoon, the bed was always remade and the coffee pot restocked. I love the little coffee pots in the room. The shampoo and conditioner were also easier to get out of the bottle than at most places. The fact that you have to pay $10 a day for internet was a pain, as a Holiday Inn offers that for free. Instead, I had to go downstairs to check my email every night. Although, maybe I should just get a smart phone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent complimentary made-to-order breakfast. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Pool and hot tub are adequate, but could be updated. Free covered parking is included. Free drinks and snacks are provided each evening. Perimeter Mall is a short walk away. The only drawback is the charge for computer wifi access. AT&T smartphone users have free access through their devices, however.

Room Tip: Wifi is only free for AT&T subscribers or for AT&T smartphones.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our first stay was Thanksgiving night. The clerk at check-in was not the usual friendly Embassy Suites employee. The kitchen ran out of food during breakfast (8AM). After sending a note to corporate, I received a very rude call from the manager. No apology, just mad that we sent a note. Second stay was mid December. Still not the greeting usually given. The chair in the living room was so stained we covered it with a towel. Blue nail polish was all over the bedside table. The clincher was a charge in mid December for over $300 for another guest. The manager, again, was rude and just said they would credit my account. That was done. Now, I have 2 more charges on my credit card for 2 other guests stays in December. I am in contact with Hilton Corporation, but this has shown me that this location is poorly managed and trained! I would find another hotel!!! This has been a nightmare to clear as the location's management seems perturbed that I bother them with these charges!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitewater4
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel was just OK. When we arrived for check in at 4:30 we were told we had to wait 5 minutes for our room to be ready. Twenty minutes later we were given our room keys. The room was fair. There was a musty odor in the room, an empty water bottle under the bed and two cans of an energy drink in the bathroom tucked in the rear of a shelf. We took the kids to the indoor pool. There were plenty of places to sit and the kids enjoyed swimming. However, there were no towels and we had to ask the front desk on three different times, over a 1 1/2 hour time span for towels. We finally got towels for the kids but what a hassle. The complimentary snack and beverages were the nicest I've seen at an Embassy Suites. Popcorn, goldfish, chips & salsa, pretzels, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and soft drinks. Very nice with great service during this time. The breakfast was hot and quickly replenished. The line for the fresh omlets was very long and we did not wait in line. The buffet line was OK and provided us with what we needed to start our day. The tables were not cleaned though and we had to bus our own table in order to sit down to eat. We did have hot water and the complimentary bath products were Crabtree & Evelyn which was nice. The hotel is conveniently located to a large shopping area, Target and several restaurants. There is a complimentary shuttle which will take you to this area.

Room Tip: It appeared that the first three floors permitted smoking in the rooms. Double check when making re...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kal_C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!