“Depends on which person you encounter and what you need...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
Midwest
“Depends on which person you encounter and what you need...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited this property for two nights in December 2012 for a meeting. Check in was friendly and helpful. I am a elite member of the hotel's loyalty program so I was given a room on the top floor. The room had been updated in the not-too-distant past (i.e., flat screen TVs, etc.); however, there were some signs of wear and tear (wallpaper starting to peel in places, a little black mold or staining on the grout). The bed was comfortable. I liked the general design of the two-bedroom suite, the refrigerator and microwave were handy, and the shower water was hot - just as I like it.

The location is a plus or minus depending upon what you need. The location was fine for me since I was there for a meeting. I did not need to be downtown Atlanta. I had a car so the restaurants, salon and shops I wanted to visit were easy to visit.

The one major downer was that some of the staff were severely lacking in a customer service orientation. The people I encountered at check-in were great. Later in my stay, I was confronted with an inability to manage simple requests with a can-do attitude.

Would I stay at this property again? It would depend upon the circumstances. If I were visiting a conference hosted there, yes. If I did not need to be at the location for a conference, I would need to consider other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AroundTheWorldInADay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros:

The bed is great...Slept awesome...Very comfortable.
The Pillows are cool, you have a whole range of choices as 5 are on the be (mini pillows)
The linens are great quality and nice to sleep in.
The in-room decaf coffee is awesome, better than in the lobby/restaurant.
Half and half included,
Free happy hour with snacks from 5:30-7:30 is great.
Location, okay...but you either have to take the shuttle or walk a half mile or so to go anywhere., though there is a steak house at the bottom of the hill. Rental car is suggested, even if for a short trip to the mall (stores/eating).
Great breakfast! Omelets cooked to order!
STAFF IS AWESOME, very personable.

Cons:
NO WI-FI unless you pay an ungodly fee of $10 or more a day. Ridiculous amount. $1-2 a day, ok, cuz you figure most people are gone during the day anyway.
Hot water is never really hot....tepid and you have to wait 10 minutes for it to warm up. Aged plumbing?
The furniture had holes in it, one as big as the base of a coffee cup (on the couch) ...bathroom wooden stand was falling apart.
Lampshades falling apart.
Think of it as an elderly hotel that needs some maintenance....but if you aren't a fanatic for absolute perfection, it's quite okay.

I'd stay here again, but for the cost, and no wi-fi, and lack of hot water at times, I'd have to argue the price. I've stayed at better places for less money....having traveled the world. Don't expect 5 stars, but the people who stay here are mostly here for training nearby, so consider it a comraderie type place to meet other IT people. NO WI-FI? You gotta be kidding!

Room Tip: Be careful when booking multi-business people on one reservation...Some may want smoking and some no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank beachldyone
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear beachldyone:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We want you to know that we have worked with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that our rooms are meeting or exceeding expectations. Again, we apologize and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights. We had a standard 1 king bed, 2 room suite. It was a large size, about 400 SF, with a bedroom with a king bed which could be closed off from the living room which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was good sized.

The suite was entered by a door on an indoor corridor overlooking a large atrium. Three glass elevators overlooked the atrium, but not all seemed to work all the time. The first floor had the lobby, a decorative pool, a Starbucks and small restaurant, and a large area with tables and chairs for breakfast only. The breakfast had a good variety, with made-to-order omelets. Many people gave the omeleteer a dollar. There is also a small indoor pool. We had good sandwiches at the restaurant one dinner.

There were a few negatives, such as being able to hear your neighbors, a bathroom door not able to close, a broken toilet seat, and slightly worn furniture, but in all it was quite acceptable.

The service was good and friendly.

The hotel is a short distance from the MARTA Sandy Springs station. There is a hotel shuttle which picks you up when you call. You should wait by the Taxi sign. It is walkable, but not easily with luggage. Whenever you want a ride to and from there to any other reasonably close place, you ask for a ride, at which time someone jumps into a an old ?12 passenger van, which is usually available, and off you go. I never knew if tipping was usual, but I mostly tipped about $2. At least it was cheaper than a taxi.

There is no free WIFI, but there are 2 free computers in the Business room, which sometimes work, and a printer which may need ink. I asked 3 times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Last weekend marked our 10th stay at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center. It is the only hotel we will stay at in Atlanta and for good reason. Great rooms, great rate, comfortable beds, clean room and kitchenette, and the best courtesy van driver in Atlanta (Hector). Location cannot be beat and is within walking distance to the MARTA, Walmart, Perimeter Center Mall and Atlanta Bread. It is like visiting old friends.

Thank you Embassy Suites Perimeter Center and see you next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on lower level near elevator. You'll be one of the first to attack the wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cowpens, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here in October and could not have been more pleased. The area is good for walking and the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle. The free breakfast was one of the best I've ever had.

We stayed in Buckhead last year, and this was by far a better experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here Christmas day visiting my mom in a nursing home. The staff were great, we checked in late due to our flight delay, no restaurants open for carry but the staff hooked us up with the only place open for carryout Chinese food. The staff also told us what was nearby and printed out directions to wherever we wanted to go. The Perimeter Mall is very close, we went the day after x-mas, very, very crowded but what a mall......they have everything..... a must see. Many fine restaurants within one or two miles from the hotel. The hotel has free breakfast every morning, even free cooked eggs and pancakes. Will stay the next time I go to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center in November, 2012 with my son and his friend for a birthday weekend. We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. As written in other reviews, the Embassy brand brings with it the expectation that you will have the Manager's Reception (drinks and snacks) as well as the Cooked to order hot breakfast. I also appreciate the fact that each Embassy has two-room suites with a locking door between them, as well as two TV's in each suite. They also have an atrium setting that offers guests a good place to hang out if they don't want to be in their room.

This particular Embassy Suites, I believe, is a little older than some other Embassy hotels. I'm pretty low-maintenance, so this doesn't bother me. That being said, I did notice that other reviews listed such things as the wallpaper peeling in places and little things like that. So I took a closer look this last time, and I did notice that there might be a small stain here or there (always in an out of the way place) or a worn portion of wallpaper here and there that might cause other guests to get upset.

As for me, I was very happy with my room. The facilities were first-rate and very clean. The indoor pool was in great shape as was the workout room. My room was also in great condition. The atrium was, again, a good place to hang out and watch football, have a snack/drink, etc.

Also, the parking is complimentary, so you don't have to pay extra for that like you would at other Embassy Suites where I have stayed. The location is excellent, with many restaurants and a good mall (Perimeter Place) very close to the hotel.

I will definitely stay here again. The property may be a bit older, but it is still one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
4.0 of 5 stars 916 reviews
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta / Perimeter Center
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!