We stayed here 3 nights. We had a standard 1 king bed, 2 room suite. It was a large size, about 400 SF, with a bedroom with a king bed which could be closed off from the living room which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was good sized.
The suite was entered by a door on an indoor corridor overlooking a large atrium. Three glass elevators overlooked the atrium, but not all seemed to work all the time. The first floor had the lobby, a decorative pool, a Starbucks and small restaurant, and a large area with tables and chairs for breakfast only. The breakfast had a good variety, with made-to-order omelets. Many people gave the omeleteer a dollar. There is also a small indoor pool. We had good sandwiches at the restaurant one dinner.
There were a few negatives, such as being able to hear your neighbors, a bathroom door not able to close, a broken toilet seat, and slightly worn furniture, but in all it was quite acceptable.
The service was good and friendly.
The hotel is a short distance from the MARTA Sandy Springs station. There is a hotel shuttle which picks you up when you call. You should wait by the Taxi sign. It is walkable, but not easily with luggage. Whenever you want a ride to and from there to any other reasonably close place, you ask for a ride, at which time someone jumps into a an old ?12 passenger van, which is usually available, and off you go. I never knew if tipping was usual, but I mostly tipped about $2. At least it was cheaper than a taxi.
There is no free WIFI, but there are 2 free computers in the Business room, which sometimes work, and a printer which may need ink. I asked 3 times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale hotel located in the Perimeter business and shopping district of Atlanta, adjacent to MARTA, providing access to all Atlanta attractions including the airport, Georgia World Congress Center and the Georgia Aquarium. All guests receive Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and Manager's Reception daily. Hotel offers self parking and complimentary shuttle service within 3 miles to a variety of restaurant options from casual to fine dining and great shopping at Perimeter Mall. Onsite amenities are restaurant, Starbucks, free fitness and business centers, indoor pool and meeting space. Hilton Honors Program and Hilton Stay Connected wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Hotel Dunwoody
- Embassy Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center
- Atlanta Embassy Suites