“Good family deal”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
“Good family deal”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here a few times,but this is the 1st review. the hotel always as decent rates for the weekend and is great for kids. Cannot beat the complimentary cook to order breakfast. that is a deal for (4) people and the kids love it. The hotel is always clean and the staff is courteous.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here over a week-end for a play downtown at the Fox. The location is great for restaurants, a bit of shopping and riding MARTA. The hotel will shuttle you to and from the MARTA station which is maybe six blocks away. Usually, we will walk there and ride back. The shuttle drivers were absolutely wonderful! The desk staff were professional and pleasant during our visit. Our room was typical for an Embassy Suite; roomy and in good repair. The afternoon reception was nice; the drinks were good and the choices quilte varied. The bartender was great. The snacks were nothing spectacular; have had better at other Embassy Suites. Maybe this is a product of the economy. Breakfast was good; again typical Embassy Suites; great service and very adequate selection. I would stay here again and would tell friends to stay here also.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaptainRonn
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I must say my first visit to an Embassy Suites property, will definitely NOT be my last! I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say, and everything positive about the property I chose for my daughter's 13th birthday celebration. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms were great, everywhere I looked, the building was immaculate. The staff was excellent, as well, especially Nicki, who worked in the dining/bar area: very friendly, provided wonderful service. The cooked to order breakfast was delicious as well. My daughter and her three friends had a great time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Juel D
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We had to change rooms because our first room (508) smelled horrible.
The front desk receptionist kindly changed our room. It smelled horrible. too. The rooms are dated. The toilets look 20 years old. Yuk...

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Good2me
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I ended up staying here for a week with our two month old after finding bed bugs at another hotel in the area. We visit Atlanta a couple of times a year and have a favorite hotel in the Perimeter. We opted not to stay there for a hotel with a full-kitchen but found bed bugs at that hotel. Our favorite hotel was not available during our week in Atlanta but the Embassy Suites was - and I think we have a new favorite hotel.

The staff at the hotel is wonderful - friendly and helpful. The hotel has a great atrium where guests can congregate, work, talk or otherwise hang out. They also offer complimentary breakfast and, sometimes, evening snacks / cocktails (though we didn't participate). Parking is free in an adjacent garage.

The rooms are spacious though not overly so. We had no problem maneuvering around the bedroom after setting up our baby's pack and play. The toiletries were of nice quality and the room condition was great.

We got married in Atlanta last year and had our wedding photographer visit us at the hotel to do a session with the baby. She remarked that she didn't know the hotel was there and expressed how nice it was.

If you're looking for a comfortable hotel in a great location and warm staff, you've found it. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2011

As a long-time business traveler, I frequently bemoan the lack of service to loyal customers. I'm pleased to report that Hilton and the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center did not let me down during my stay two weeks ago. For quite a while, I knew that I had a business trip to Atlanta and thought it would be nice to plan a 3 day weekend visit with my daughter and her family prior to my Monday morning agenda. I made a reservation for two adjoining rooms and was looking for a short holiday and family get-together. Alas, my two grandchildren fell victim to a nasty flu bug and my best laid plans were scrapped.

As I scrambled to push back my arrival to Sunday night and trim back the reservation to just one room, I discovered that I was hours into the 24 hour advance cancellation policy. Ouch! Fortunately, with some explanation and understanding on the part of both Hilton and Embassy Suites, no financial harm was done. Thanks as I appreciate the consideration and lack of red-tape.

Great segue to "red." The surrounding red maples in blazing fall color actually coordinated well with the interior of the hotel! Walls, carpet, room accents, bedspread, etc. The hotel is well located in No Atlanta with two quick right turns and a 5 minute stroll taking you to the MARTA rail station with direct connection into downtown. The Perimeter Mall is close by and an adjacent shopping center was well represented with fine chain restaurants for every taste. The room was very spacious and the staff quite courteous as I had mail to send and required some local directional assistance. My only minor complaint is actually . . . the shower curtain! This Embassy Suites should really consider changing them out as they simply would not hang from the hooks and were a source of bother during my 3 day stay. The Embassy Suite breakfast was standard and nothing exemplary stands out. There was a terrific indoor heated swimming pool that would have been great with my grandkids (sorry!) Maybe next time.

All in all, I can't imagine anyone experiencing a serious problem with this fine Embassy Suite property.

Room Tip: Most all the rooms should be adequate as Embassy Suites isolates the bank of elevators from the 3-si...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Outer Banks, NC
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Over all this is a nice place to stay. Both times I did a whirlpool suite, very nice king sized bed and the entire suite was above average for a Hilton. The wet bar area is a nice feature for the room.
On my 2nd visit my only issue is I had requested a certain room, when I called, they e-mailed my confirmation, and it noted (Confirmed to Room #) DO NOT MOVE GUEST But when I got there the next day the front desk told me they had already checked someone into that room a hour earlier. That is Poor Customer Service.

Otherwise both stays were very nice, hotel is close to Perimeter Mall, and several dinning opitions.

Room Tip: You do not want a room near the Elevators (High Traffic and loud)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachbumOBX01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!