“Won't stay anywhere else in Atlanta”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Lexington, South Carolina
“Won't stay anywhere else in Atlanta”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel for years and have never been disappointed. Clean, friendly, convenient to the Marta, great shopping and restaurants nearby. No need to stay in downtown Atlanta when there is so much to do around this hotel. They even have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. The breakfasts are fabulous!

Room Tip: Since it can get busy with family reunions in the summer, request a high floor farther away from the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Alabama
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was updated and everything was very nice, until we figured out the air conditioner was not working properly. Our kids were sleep so we did not change rooms, but the hotel did give us a free refund on our room. So overall, it was a good trip.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and 2 young daughters just got back from staying here. It was a trip we wish we hadnt taken! Upon arriving to the hotel around midnight we were greeted by outside guest. They were all "hanging" out smoking and drinking.After getting the luggage in I had to clear my lungs of all the smoke we inhaled trying to unload our luggage. At that time I asked the night desk if this was typical of all the noise/drinking guest at the door. His answer to me was" yes it is and it is ok" Are you serious I thought to myself?? They happend to be the "all night party guest" 2 doors down from our hotel room. Even going down the hall for ice was hard because all the crazy rowdy guest staying at the hotel. The elevators and the vending area all smelled of beer and wine. The night staff was very rude and looked like they did not want to be there. After 8 and i did say eight attempts to reach the night desk I quit calling to report the continuious partying outside my door. I wondered perhaps if he had decided to join them?? I will only go over a few things about the room. It was also a nightmare. There was some kind of stain all over the flooring. It was red?? I only pray it wasnt blood?? The bathrooms shower head was broke and tub backed up!! There was blue nail polish all over the sheets and on the end table?? Which tells me one thing, if the nail polish was on the end table when we checked in and on the sheets those were the same sheets from the prior guest??? How disgraceful is that??? The breakfast was less then tasteful, the french toast and pancakes were hard as a rock. They had been in the case so long. The fresh fruit looked as if it had been there for weeks. The breakfast area was dirty and smelled of old food. We will just say My family has stayed all over the world at Embassy Suites. They are always so nice and well kept. This particular hotel has no business using the name Embassy Suites. Save your family the nightmare of staying here.....

4 Thank iluvcilla
atlanta
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is the second year we have been back to celebrate my son's birthday with his friends.

Iowa
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was a very nice hotel. It was very clean and very comfortable. I didn't want to climb out of our bed in the morning it was so comfortable. It was a perfect layout for our family of 6...two adults and four little children. The swimming pool was very nice as well. Service was great and my husband loved that they had a Starbucks Coffee Shop there. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet...they might have just been having an off day, but they kept running out of different food items and there was a long wait before it finally came out. Some of the food wasn't great. But like I said, it could have just been an off day. We will definitely stay here again if we ever pass through Atlanta in the near future!

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here for a week in August because our Atlanta office is nearby. The rooms were huge - definitely bigger than a lot of NY apartments. The bed was comfortable and set back from the hallway so was very quiet. The decor is a little dated but that's minor complaint. The breakfast was adequate. They had fresh fruit every morning but it was always watermelon so a little variety would have been nice. There is a Starbucks right in the lobby which was handy and the lattes were really good so no complaints there. The fitness center had 6 machines and wasn't crowded. Not sure if I would stay here for non-business related travel because it is a little removed from the center of the city but if you have business in the area this is a good option.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2011

A remodel was done on this hotel, according to staff, in 2007 complete with flat screen tv's, table for two, mini fridge, etc. They did a nice job with the decor including a covered ottoman in the living space. Our king size bed was set on a diagonal facing the view with an overly thick headboard in which you could place a book or a vase. The breakfast on the weekend was not what I call up to Embassy standards but my understanding is it is a different scene during the week for business travelers. A plus for me is a Starbucks in the lobby area and one across the street as well. Pool area of the hotel is somewhat sterile looking and could use a remodel. Location is what really makes this hotel a winner in my book. It is very close to great dining, shopping, and Buckhead. The area is also safe and inviting.

Room Tip: My husband and I had room 617...this is the one I based this review on - FYI we could see the sun se...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Ms.LoveTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!