“Great Location and staff”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. The hotel is older and is showing its age. However, the staff and location make this a good choice.

One nice benefit is the convienient location to both MARTA and interstate highways. It is very easy to get downtown or anywhere on the north side from here. This hotel is also located near a very large shopping and dining area, so there are many many good restaurants within a couple of miles. If you don't have a car, the shuttle will take you anywhere in the immediate area. There is also a hertz rental car facility on site that I have found to have reasonable prices.

Rooms are ok, typical Marriott. I do like the Marriott beds. However, they still use the old tube style TV's which are rare in upscale hotels these days. The wired (no wifi) internet access is painfully slow and expensive at $12+ per day. The bar / restaurant is nice, the breakfast buffet is especially good but it is overpriced.

The pool and workout facilities are both top notch. Probably the nicest workout facility I have been in.

The staff here is very professional and pleasant. I have always had my generally minor issued resovled with no problems.

Tip - if you are staying here and arriving during the day, you can save money by taking MARTA to the hotel and then renting from HERTZ at this location, and then return the car to the HERTZ at the airport.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 18, 2010

We had never seen this hotel in all of our stays to Atlanta, so I wasn't sure what we were in for when we got a room here for $49 via priceline. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby area, and the staff was quite friendly. When we reached our room, we were really let down. You can tell this hotel has been renovated, but the king bed took up a huge portion of the room. The bathroom was very small, and the room felt quite cramped. The furnishings were okay, but with so little space, they could have left the extra pieces out. Overall this hotel wasn't terrible, and for $49 a night, I can't complain.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I was greeted after a long day of travel by very friendly staff. The room was adequate - no frills. I really appreciated the fact that they have a comforter cover that they replace daily...so the bed felt clean and sanitized. It's an older hotel and the walls are thin - I could hear my neighbors' conversations (even across the hall), and the MARTA train is right across the parking lot. Even though I was facing away from it I could hear it but it just lasts a few seconds. The concierge was exceptional - he hunted down all the umbrellas he could find and made sure each of us had some sort of cover as we waited for our streetside shuttle in the snow. Rooms are tidy but need a "deep clean." The location is excellent - close to a large shopping mall and plenty of restaurants. Next time I would skip the car rental and take MARTA from the airport to this hotel (my conference was downtown and provided shuttle service to/from the hotel) as everything is within walking distance and the shuttle drivers are more than willing to take you where you need to go.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed here on a business/leisure mixed trip and were very pleased with the hotel and staff. Rooms were clean and quiet and bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2010

While I am a Marriott elite and stay at a Marriott property whenever possible, I found this property to be lacking in service, non-caring and the conditions very mediocre at best. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Like the previous reviewer, I was concerned when I got this hotel through priceline's name your own price service. However, this property is very nice and even though it is not very new, has obviously been updated recently. Everything was very clean both in the common areas and in my room. Nothing exceptional about the room, just standard stuff but neater and cleaner than the average room. I only had a drink at the bar and so I can't comment on the restaurant or any other services, but I didn't see any reason to think the services would be sub-par.

The best part for me is this property's location, which is a very easy walk to the Marta (train) station as well as the Perimeter mall and shops nearby. If it wasn't 20 degrees and icy the days I was there, I would have enjoyed it much more! I was in town for a trade show downtown and the close proximity to the Marta station made my trips very convenient. There are tons of excellent restaurants in the Perimeter area that you can get to in 5-10 minutes by car.

I would love to stay at this property again and will definitely try to get it the next time I'm in ATL.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center for one night when we were in town for a wedding the weekend after Thanksgiving. There was a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate ($79) for wedding guests so that is why we chose to stay there. Days before our stay, I started reading reviews of the hotel and became concerned that we would not have a pleasant stay. I started researching other hotels in the area, but my husband convinced me that we could manage for just one night.

I was pleasantly surprised by our stay at this hotel. It is conveniently located walking distance from the MARTA station and in close proximity to shopping and many restaurant options. The hotel staff accommodated BOTH of the requests we had made at the time of our reservation: early check in (to rest and get ready before a 2 PM wedding) and a king size bed. The lovely South African woman (I wish I had caught her name) who checked us in could not have been nicer.

The hotel itself does appear older from the exterior, but you can tell care has been taken to maintain the interior and upgrade in phases. The lobby is lovely, clad in mirrors, furnished with updated leather furniture, and decorated beautifully for the holidays. There is a convenient, free computer station for printing boarding passes. Overall the hotel and rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable and had newer linens. Bath & Bodyworks toiletries were provided in the bathroom. You can tell some features have not been upgraded yet (chipped cultured marble countertops, older bathroom and hallway doors that have been touched up with paint but not replaced), but based on the condition of the hotel, I'm sure these will be addressed in time.

We had a good experience at this hotel, especially for the discounted rate, and I am glad I did not scramble to change reservations at the last minute.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!