“Nice hotel in a good location”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cocoa Beach,Florida
“Nice hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I was here for three nights. The staff were pleasant and friendly. The room was clean. Beds and pillows clean and comfortable. The Room was clean and had a nice TV and refrigerator. Rooms were quiet. The lobby had a small gift shop and bar restaurant . There is room service. I didn't have food there so I can't speak for that . There is a pool but it was winter and closed.the Marta train is right there and you can hop in the 400. Over all it was a pleasant experience

• Stayed February 2014
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Glad you found the hotel convenient, nestled in among shopping and dining options on the perimeter. Our Housekeeping team will appreciate the feedback as well on their clean rooms - we have a great group of associates. We would love to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Stoneham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel is great. Clean, modern, have some great amenities, a good restaurant but what makes this hotel such a great experience is the staff. I have never been somewhere where just about every employee has a constant genuine smile on their face and always pleasant. They seem happy at work and it is just a pleasure to see that and be apart of it. They go above and beyond and never flutter at a sign of chaos. No matter how big of a group, everything is done with ease and organization. "they get the job done!" There is one in particular employee who I respect and admire her work ethic. Her name I can not remember (shame on me), she is the small blond who has great dedication and Excellent customer service skills even in times I know it was not easy. I would like to commend her on her work ethic and compassion for her customers and people in general. She is great and deserves to be recognized!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I am delighted that you experienced "excellent customer service" from our team of dedicated associates. I would love to recognize the individual that made such an impact on your stay. If you have a moment to call the hotel and ask for me, I am sure we can figure it out! Thank you, Shelly
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed in the hotel through the Atlanta winter storm and were able to continue and even extend our Board of Directors meetings to two additional days. The dedicated staff was there to provide with a smile what we needed to meet and to provide food for us throughout the 4 days when transportation outside the hotel was essentially at a standstill. The staff demonstrated incredible dedication and hospitality in very difficult circumstances. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nick, Thank you for taking the time to write about our team of dedicated associates. It was our pleasure to take care of you and your group. I am glad the winter storm did not interrupt anything more than the traffic outside. All the best! Shelly
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I enjoy staying at this Marriott when needing to be in the northern part of Atlanta because of its convenient location and updated features. It has a "big Marriott" feel to it, full service, good restaurant, concierge lounge, but with amenities I really like - a large, free parking lot, clean, updated room, and an excellent staff. I use this hotel for both work and family trips, and in all cases have been pleased.

Of particular note - when we stayed this past week the hotel had two extremely large groups in for conferences and there wasn't even a moment of issue. The staff handled everything wonderfully.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bradley, Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy all of our amenities and received "excellent service" from our team of Hosts. We will look forward to your return!
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Being a Gold Elite Marriott member, I did not feel welcomed at all and the property seems a lot dated and the staff was really disparate in terms of functioning and setting the tone to the most frequent guests.......

I come to Perimeter center a lot and I have started using other options or at times I live in JW at buckhead and drive to perimeter daily for work !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Harry - thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that you did not feel a warm welcome, especially as a Marriott Rewards Member - Gold Elite. We clearly did not meet your expectations this November. I will be sure to address with our team immediately to ensure an exceptional experience on your next visit. I hope to be able to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Covington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I literally just called to try to speak to someone about something other than reservations and before I could even finish my sentence the very rude girl at the front desk transferred me. I don't mind being put on hold, I know they are busy, but she was unbelievably rude.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Julie, I first want to apologize for the quick transfer from the hotel At Your Service team. Hopefully you can see from our reviews that this is not typical of our service. Our team is trained to ask qualifying questions so that the caller is able to get resolution to any inquiry on first contact. I will be sure to address this today. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed for a week over Christmas visiting our son and daughter-in-law. The service was great, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.They offer free rides anywhere within a 5 mile radius, and we took advantage of that. The hotel clerks were very friendly and accommodating. We had an excellent special Christmas rate and when we arrived, they offered us an even better rate that included a delicious buffet breakfast that included waffles and omelettes made to order in front of you, strawberries, blueberries, 3 kinds of melons, bananas, yogurt, yogurt parfaits,pancakes, bacon, sausage, warm and cold cereals,biscuits and gravy, and semisweet chocolate chips and walnuts to add to whatever you wanted to add it to, as well as coffee, tea, and juices

The location was perfect. It's two blocks from Marta and just a few more blocks to great shopping-Barnes and Noble, Target, Macy's, the Perimeter Mall, and good restaurants. Everything was in walking distance.

I highly recommend spending Christmas here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Connie V
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Did you bring the cold weather for the Christmas holiday all the way from Minnesota? Brrrrrr! I am so glad that you had a great visit and that our team went above and beyond to make sure your stay was enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!