“Excellent property”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a great Marriott. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed. There were three wedding parties and a legal convention while I was there. The service was top-shelf. There was enough staff to handle the crowd. The pool area and workout facility were excellent. The staff in the lounge were overwhelmed but handled the crush of people amazingly well. I recommend this hotel if you are in the Dunwoody, GA area.

Room Tip: I asked for and received a higher floor, 14th floor. The view was terrific.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for the "top shelf" post! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to recognize our team of hosts for their service. We will be expecting you, the next time your travel brings you to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love Marriott hotels but this one just didn't have the safety features I would have thought. I was in town for an event and stayed in the Perimeter Marriott where this was a good location, next to the mall, businesses, and good shops. Our car got broken into over night and 4 bags of high end golf clubs were stolen. I didn't think of anything like this could happen especially in this area. After reporting this to authorities, I was told that this area has these types of incidents often especially with Marta and I-285 very close which allows bad guys easy access getting in and out. Another car was broken into the same night as ours. Both of our cars were parked in an area towards the side of the hotel. After looking at the hotel, there were no video cameras, very little lighting, and no security patrol that I could see. All I got was a "Sorry" and a visit to the lounge area. If incidents like these are common in this area, this Marriott has taken little effort in providing good security. After being told that these incidents are common, I wouldn't recommend staying here especially with the minimum to no security in the parking area and the feeling of not being safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank C
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Frank, I am so sorry you had this experience at our hotel. I will address our teams responsiveness based on your feedback. I want to make sure you know that we have a security officer patrolling the area 24 hours a day and that our parking lot lighting is audited annually to ensure we are meeting proper guest safety measures. I will however, make sure that we look into the area you were parked to see what else can be done. Please also know that we are always happy to hold bags at the front desk for your convenience. The police may have told you this was a common occurrence in the area, but it is not a frequent occurrence at our hotel and we want to make sure it does not happen to anyone else. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend (9/27-30/13). The room was OK but when the doors close, they will wake up the entire floor. There is no continental breakfast, instead it's a breakfast buffet and for 11 people we paid approximately $250. I had to go to lobby to purchase a water...paid $3 for it. The only thing that wasn't expensive at this hotel was the parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Good day Sharel and thank you for the post. I know how expensive travel can be. I want to make sure you know there is continental breakfast option in the restaurant and also a la carte options that are less expensive than the hot buffet. If you are looking for complimentary continental breakfast -that is available at our Residence Inn, Springhill Suite and Fairfield Inn Brands. Please let our team know if we can help you with any future reservations. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Major disappointment at flagship Marriott hotel. Only stay at Marriotts when possibly. Invariably consistent, with Courtyard and Summerfield Suites providing good value. This Marriott major disappointment. Small rooms, high price ($275 night), terrible evening food service. Only a bar available at night. If not drinking and loud, felt out of place. Entree was inedible - fish & chips. Could buy at supermarket frozen and do better. Slow breakfast service with basically no one there. Told all this to desk and told simply it was an older Marriott. Other choices in area. Make them.

• Stayed: October 2013

Mr. McNealy, thank you for taking our calls to discuss your most recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to address all issues with the team. I hope you can see form the majority of our posts that this is not a typical response from our team. We will make immediate adjustments.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great Hotel with every comfort you expect from this Brand of Hotels. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally comfortable with great furnishings, with the benefit of a supremely comfortable bed. Very well equipped room throughout with a coffee machine, and fridge, the only surprising omission was the lack of an in room safe. Bathroom was spacious and very well equipped with good quality toiletries and an abundance of towels in all sizes. The Breakfast Buffet was exceptionally well stocked with a great selection of buffet items or items made to order, try and get an inclusive Breakfast Rate as at $17 it is a little pricy, but it was very good quality.
Without doubt the best part of this Hotel was the way the Staff treated Guests, nothing was ever too much trouble, every one I came into contact with couldn't do enough to help, I must make a special mention regarding the Front Desk Staff who were wonderful, to the point that some Laundry I had done at the Hotel was not on my invoice when I checked out, I mentioned this to the young lady who replied, well sir thank you for telling me, but I can't see it on the system and that is not your problem it's ours, so it's will be complimentary, an amazing piece of Customer Service. A really great Hotel can't wait to go back in November.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the post. I am glad you found the rooms comfortable, spacious and well equipped. I have to agree with you that the "best part of the hotel was the staff". Comments like yours will motivate our associates to continue to deliver great service. I will be sure to share. We look forward to seeing you in November!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a very average hotel for business travel, but for a trip where I arrived at night, and left the following morning, that was fine. The room was a typical Marriott room-decent sized, clean, and a small bathroom. Pluses included a good Wi Fi signal, and the presence of a number of plugs near the desk. I also found the service to be good and friendly.

While the Marriott would not be my top choice for an Atlanta trip, I would certainly return if I needed to be in the Perimeter area.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Greetings! As a "Top Contributor" to Trip Advisor, your review is very important to us. I am pleased that you found a clean room with appropriate connectivity and good service. I wish you could have stayed more than a few hours to allow my team to change your perception of an "average hotel", as we strive to be much more than that to our frequent travelers. We hope to impress you the next time you are in town. Thank you.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a work trip and I specifically chose the Marriott because the conference company recommended them and said they had a free breakfast, free Internet, etc. I hesitated to stay there because I love the Crownpoint Plaza so much more, but I went ahead anyway. As soon as I walked into my room I wanted to leave. It was on the third floor Right next to the elevator, the room was the size of a walk-in closet, There was only a tiny window three quarters of the way up the wall, and the Window unit air conditioner was as loud as a lawnmower. Thankfully they gave me a new room the next day after I begged and pleaded.
From day one we asked the front desk and the restaurant where the breakfast was and confirmed with them that it was included in the room. They assured me it was. So on day four when I get the bill, I realize they charged me $38 a day for breakfast. I tried to reason with the manager on duty, he did comp one day of breakfast and gave me a free continental breakfast upstairs on the 16th floor the last day. I could go on and on, but I won't. Poor service, poor communication, mediocre hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for the review. I am disappointed with the resolution provided by my team and would like to offer to follow up with you in person. There are only three rooms in the total hotel that still have the air conditioner in the wall and a smaller window, and it is due to their proximity to the pool area. We usually hold them for last sell, but should have been much more accommodating about moving you form the start. This is not our usual standard of service and all of your feedback will be reviewed in detail. If you have a moment to call the hotel, I would love to speak with you. Thanks again, Shelly (770)394-6500

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!