“The staff here take care of their guests”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Thomasville
“The staff here take care of their guests”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here several times and I can say that guests are consistently treated well and taken care of. I enjoy staying at this hotel. There are plenty of restaurants close by, and they have a shuttle that will drive you a few miles drop and pickup. Just good service.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jneufferjr
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the comments around our team and their commitment to service. They strive to make a connection and ease the stess of an often hectic travel day. Your feedback will motivate our associates to keep up the charge!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel,last minute, for one night. While I had to pay a premium rate for a football weekend, it proved to be a good buy. I was allowed to check in early and the staff could not have been more helpful. The location was perfect, near a MARTA stop and Perimeter Mall. The area is loaded with good restaurants as well as fast food.
The room was comfortable, but the bathroom was somewhat small. While WiFi was free in the business center it was $12.95 in room.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and the location.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for the post. We are always happy to accommodate an early check in if the room is available. It is fantastic that you found this hotel a great fit for the game downtown, and that there was plenty to do in the area. We hope your team won and that you come back to see us soon!
Richmond, VA
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a long Labor Day weekend to see a handful of Braves games. We arrived late afternoon on a Saturday and received a 12th floor room overlooking the pool. David(i think) checked us in and was extremely polite and helpful. He really made us feel welcome and is a great frontman for this hotel. The room was very clean, we'll appointed and very up to date. Even though we overlooked both the pool and the Marta train, there was zero noise. This is important bc other idiot reviewers give this place a bad wrap bc of the train. They are picky idiots. There is absolutely no train noise. Even standing outside under the tracks the train isn't even remotely loud so there's no way it would be loud a few floors up through concrete and glass.

This hotels location is great. It is within 1/4 mile or so of the Marta your access to atlanta and all the city has to offer. The hotel offers transportation to the station but its not necessary unless you are disabled or just really lazy. Other reviewers complain that the shuttle stops at 10p but again they are morons bc it's 2blocks away. Dont take a cab, Just walk. Its literally 2 blocks if even that. It's also a very short walk from the mall and other tasty restaurants.

The amenities of this hotel are great. The standard Marriott awesomeness. Free in room coffee, great service, clean clean clean, pool, weight room, restaurant and bar.

Don't be deterred by other idiots stupid picky reviews. This is your typical Marriott with the great service, comfort, and cleanliness that you have come to expect. The new renovation is wonderful and any complaints I have read on trip advisor are 100% unfounded. I swear all the picky materialistic idiots of the world must come here to bash this place for no reason. Stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the most colorful of reviews! David is a fabulous part of our Front Office team and I will be happy to share your comments with him. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a restful night sleep.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Love this hotel. Stayed here for a four night business trip. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Accommodations were very clean, comfortable and modern. Slept very well each night. They had a shuttle that takes you to nearby restaurants, mall and to metro. It takes a long time, so you're better off walking if you know the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and the housekeeping team. The complimentary shuttle usually runs on demand from 7 AM to 11 PM - I regret that you ran into any delays. I will review this opportunity with our team to make sure we schedule appropriately in the future. We want to make sure to get you to your destination in a timely manner every time!
Tampa
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was a little nervous when I first drove up to this hotel at night. I took a twisting truing series of frontage roads from the interstate, on which none of the street lights were lit. I felt as if I was arriving at a dated hotel in the middle of an abandoned industrial park. Although the exterior of the property was dark and dated I was presently surprised when enter the hotel. It appears that it had been completely renovated recently, and was quote lovely. The check-in staff was courteous, and the room was adequate.

The first issue I had was trying to connect to the in-room wireless internet. I had to call the front desk and than was transferred to a 3rd party tech support overseas. There was an issue with the hotel network that was eventually resolved. But I was not able to connect more than one device.

The second issue I notices was the noise. I heard what I thought were trains constantly passing by, but as I looked out the window I immediately realized how close the rooms were to the interstate. Than the trains passed by and things got really loud. There was also noise from the air conditioning system that kept waking me up at night.

The noise wasn’t any better in the conference facility were we were having our meeting. We soon tuned out the sounds of the passing trains, but couldn’t get past the sound of them polishing the floors just outside our meeting room. There were several different conferences taking place at the same time in the hotel which caused problems when it came time to break for lunch. There was such a bottle neck in the corridor between banquet/conference rooms that you couldn’t get from one room to the other or out to the bathroom. I couldn’t have imagined what would have happened if there were a fire. Speaking of the bottle next and getting to the bathroom, when we did break for lunch several people made a beeline for the ONE lobby bathroom which just happened to be closed for cleaning at the lunch time break.

Despite the above complaints, this hotel was in a good location. Close to the train station, and just beyond the hill and trees was a great mall with plenty of great restaurants.

Room Tip: avoid 1109. Too close to elevator, ice, and vending equipment,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you found the associates courteous and the hotel renovations up to par. I am disappointed in the opportunities that you had with noise and connecting to the internet. The internet support number listed in the room is helpful for quick connectivity issues, but many guests prefer to dial "0" and have one of our Engineers come to the room to assist in person. Additionally, I will be sure to discuss with our team the timeliness of cleaning so as not to interrupt the flow of business in the future.
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past few years. This stay was only 1 night. As usual, the room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was updated with granite counters and a rain type shower head. The bathroom was extremely clean too! More importantly, the beds were very comfortable and the room was very quiet.

One of the great things about this hotel is the location. It is across from a shopping mall and there a so many restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments regarding our hotel, especially the comfortable beds. We absolutely love being your hotel of choice in the Perimeter area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Crete, Il
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I just returned from a family reunion at this hotel. The hotel was well kept, in a great location and had a great staff. The food for our family reunion dinner was excellent and was one of the best "banquet" dinners I have ever experienced. The hotel is really close to the Marta station, a great mall, and plenty of great restaurants. The only reason I couldn't rate it 5 stars is because they charge for internet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shelly_Faraj, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I am delighted that you had a terrific experience with your family reunion here this summer! I will be sure to share your comments with the Chef and the entire team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!