Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a last minute stay. We were interested because it had recently beed updated. The staff was personable and went out of their way to make us comfortable in our room. However, after we went to bed, we could not get any sleep because of noisy neighbors next door and in the halls! Awful! Walls are wafer thin, and I could hear the conversation next door very clearly.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Mandajay

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I first stayed here by pure last minute chance for a personal family emergency in '09, then regularly for business in '11 during their renovation, and returned for a few weeks in '12 after it was complete. The updates to this once dated property are remarkable. It is close to great dining and shopping north of Atlanta. However, what has always stood out to me on every occasion is their staff's dedication and attention to their guests. This is a Marriott team that truly gets, lives, and breaths the "Spirit to Serve" that is the corporate mantra. From the front desk to the concierge's lounge each staff member was always engaged with their guests. The only real complaint is that the back side of the hotel is directly across from the MARTA rail line, making those rooms a bit on the noisy side throughout the night. Despite that, this is one site in the Atlanta area where I would stay again and again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are away from the MARTA station, which is to the East side of the hotel. Park in the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasVoyager_BW
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a great stay! The only problem no fridge or microwave. Also I was so tired, I didnt look into finding a room that did. The bar was nice and convient, next time when I travel I hope it is the same.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Haven't stayed here in years so I was pleased to find a complete renovation at this property. It's incredibly close to the perimeter mall and a great location to reach 85 easily to head north or south. Asked for a room upgrade and was given a beautiful suite with a full sized dining table which made it easy to get my work done in the room. Extremely clean and modern rooms with big flat screen tvs. Very comfortable stay and cheery staff.

1  Thank rikwynn
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been traveling for business for the last 20 years in most of the US and a dozen foreign countries and I have never had a such a disappointing experience at a hotel as I did at this one.

I was staying on the 16th floor or Concierge Level in which I paid an additional $30 per night for exclusivity and quiet. On Thursday evening, the hotel moved a party into the concierge lounge at midnight. The party spilled into the hallway and became increasing louder. Not being able to sleep, I called the front desk and explained the situation. I was told that party was booked at last minute and my only option was to change rooms.

I did not realize that I had booked a 24 hour party hotel. I thought that I was at a business hotel that catered to the executive traveler. I was wrong. I would not consider booking this hotel for business travel. Very poorly ran.

Room Tip: Do not stat at this hotel
5  Thank Tperdue4012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It had been quite a while since I had stayed at this hotel. The outside was as tired as ever, even with the "old style" Marriott lettering. Was I shocked when I walked inside. The lobby had been completely transformed into a modern, updated, and funtional hub of activity. The entire lobby area looked great. The staff was friendly and my check in was smooth and quick. This trick had been played on my before, most notibly by the current actions at the Courtyard properties (updated lobby and nothing done to the rooms). Another suprise greeted me when I got to my room. The rooms were also almost completely transformed. The footprint could not be altered in each room but they must have almost completly gutted each room and started from scratch. I read on the hotel wifi welcome screen that they had spent over 22 Million dollars on the renovation. WOW, what an investment! What a pleasant suprise to come back to an old location and find such a complete and modern transformation...a complete transformation, not just the lobby!

Room Tip: Other reviews here mention the MARTA train. I must have been in a location where it could not be hea...
2  Thank dleslievol
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent one night here but had to check in early to get some work done. The staff were super attentive and got me fixed up swiftly and professionally. The facilities are complete and in great order. I appreciated the ability to directly hook up my iPhone video output via HDMI to the TV and watch my own movies that evening - so easy!

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the MARTA line - it can be a bit distracting
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nycbornuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!