“Nicely renovated and staff tries to please their guests”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Haven't stayed here in years so I was pleased to find a complete renovation at this property. It's incredibly close to the perimeter mall and a great location to reach 85 easily to head north or south. Asked for a room upgrade and was given a beautiful suite with a full sized dining table which made it easy to get my work done in the room. Extremely clean and modern rooms with big flat screen tvs. Very comfortable stay and cheery staff.

1  Thank rikwynn

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been traveling for business for the last 20 years in most of the US and a dozen foreign countries and I have never had a such a disappointing experience at a hotel as I did at this one.

I was staying on the 16th floor or Concierge Level in which I paid an additional $30 per night for exclusivity and quiet. On Thursday evening, the hotel moved a party into the concierge lounge at midnight. The party spilled into the hallway and became increasing louder. Not being able to sleep, I called the front desk and explained the situation. I was told that party was booked at last minute and my only option was to change rooms.

I did not realize that I had booked a 24 hour party hotel. I thought that I was at a business hotel that catered to the executive traveler. I was wrong. I would not consider booking this hotel for business travel. Very poorly ran.

Room Tip: Do not stat at this hotel
5  Thank Tperdue4012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It had been quite a while since I had stayed at this hotel. The outside was as tired as ever, even with the "old style" Marriott lettering. Was I shocked when I walked inside. The lobby had been completely transformed into a modern, updated, and funtional hub of activity. The entire lobby area looked great. The staff was friendly and my check in was smooth and quick. This trick had been played on my before, most notibly by the current actions at the Courtyard properties (updated lobby and nothing done to the rooms). Another suprise greeted me when I got to my room. The rooms were also almost completely transformed. The footprint could not be altered in each room but they must have almost completly gutted each room and started from scratch. I read on the hotel wifi welcome screen that they had spent over 22 Million dollars on the renovation. WOW, what an investment! What a pleasant suprise to come back to an old location and find such a complete and modern transformation...a complete transformation, not just the lobby!

Room Tip: Other reviews here mention the MARTA train. I must have been in a location where it could not be hea...
2  Thank dleslievol
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent one night here but had to check in early to get some work done. The staff were super attentive and got me fixed up swiftly and professionally. The facilities are complete and in great order. I appreciated the ability to directly hook up my iPhone video output via HDMI to the TV and watch my own movies that evening - so easy!

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the MARTA line - it can be a bit distracting
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nycbornuk
Reviewed November 22, 2012

the hotel was very nice and the lounge was good with excellent food
I rated this average because of the location next to the marta train line and station, which equals not a quite room at night, about every 20 - 30 minutes you would hear the train (our room was on the side next to the train rail) It could be better if you ask for a room on the side away from the train rail. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billreedred
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Room was clean, service was friendly and wonderful. Second long weekend stay at this hotel. Will return for sure. Convenient to mall and restaurants. Wifi was a little slow, but that is me stretching to find something to gripe about.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights here on a business trip. The hotel is nice and the staff is accommodating and friendly. There is a large mall near by and places to eat as well. The Only thing that could be improved is the lighting & decor in the bar and the on site restaurant needs a complete remodel and better food. If you have to eat in the hotel it's just not great, bland food and the restaurant itself looks like a coffee shop or cafeteria.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center/Dunwoody
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!