“clean and very friendly staff”

Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for three nights while in town on a mini-vacation. It was very convenient to the Marta and local mall. The lobby is gorgeous! The recent renovations are beautiful! Our room was very, very clean. There was a Starbucks in the bar area, that is always a nice addition to any hotel. The Marta is very close, and actually passes by the side of the hotel. I could see how someone would think this could be a noise issue, but it didn't bother us at all. The pool area looked very nice, it is a connecting outdoor and indoor pool. We didn't have time to swim, but would be great for kids. All of the staff was so very polite and friendly. Will stay here again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel is in a great location and it feels "new" with the remodel, etc. but I have to say that I've never seen so many people (outside of a convention hotel) in the hallways and in the public areas. Evidently, it's popular for big family reunions. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. The rooms have a little coffee maker and a small refrigerator (actually one of those old "stocked" ones minus the stock!) Parking is free. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Pretty fast internet (for a fee) and the A/C worked just fine. I'd stay here again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this property July 7, 2012 for a night away. The hotel is located close to Perimeter mall, and a marta station is less than a mile away. In fact, the marta rail line runs above the hotel parking lot. Next to the hotel is a parking lot and abandoned restaurant, so not the most attractive surroundings. However, there are plenty of good restaurants close by and lots of shopping minutes away.

The exterior of the hotel looks dated, and even the landscaping needed work--leaves in the grass, some weeds in the small flower beds. However, the interior of the hotel is newly remodeled, and is much more attractive than the outside. The interior has a cool retro vibe. There's a full service restaurant and lounge inside. The pool is large, with half of it an indoor pool and the other half an outdoor one.

Check in was easy. We requested a room on a high floor, and this was noted and granted. We stayed on the 15th floor, and all was fine til we stepped off the elevator to a really offensive odor. I'm not sure if something died, mildewed, or someone stuffed a dirty diaper into the ceiling tiles but the smell was strong and foul around the elevators and into the hallway. Luckily, the room smelled fine. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the mix of pillows of different firmness. Everything seemed new and in very good shape.

Overall, the experience was positive and I would stay here again if in the area. The interior renovation really is nice. Right now Marriott is offering a 1,000 extra marriott points if you book a weekend night at this property so they can show off the remodel.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this property recently during a business trip. I had reserved a Concierge Room. When I checked in, the Front Desk employee did not mention anything about this, so I assumed I was on the that Level. I was not. Often when they have to put you on another floor, they mention that you still have access to the Concierge Level and tell you what floor it is on and how to access it. Because I arrived late at night, I did not follow up. However, it is disappointing. Otherwise, the hotel is very stylish, comfortable, and is located nearby to shops (the Perimeter Mall) and restaurants. It has free parking, but also has a shuttle bus that I assume will take you over to the Perimeter Mall. I would definately stay here again, but make sure I had the room for which I had paid.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Based on recent reviews of updated facility, my traveling companion and I booked a room here over the 4th of July. Because it was a holiday, we were able to get a room with 2 queen beds for only $89/night. Having never stayed here before, I can't say what the hotel was like before renovations, but everything is very fresh, new and stylish. The staff was very welcoming, and met our request for a room on a higher floor. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a vacation stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Previously we have stayed at this hotel. It is convenient (walking distance) to a MARTA station and Permimeter Mall and restaurants. While we have always been highly satisfied with this hotel we were wowed by their recent rennovation. That includes all rooms and first floor. They did a fantastic job. It is absolutely beautiful. Our next stay there is already booked for August. Also we found that all of the personnel were extremely friendly. That particularly included the person that checked us in at the front desk on Sunday afternoon, July 1 and the person that was in the 16th floor concierge lounge for breakfast the following morning as well as the person on the front desk Tuesday morning. I wish that I recalled the names of these folks. They were exceptional. If you want to stay in this area of Atlanta I would 100% recommend this hotel.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Overcharged my credit card for taxes after stay was complete due to a mistake on Marriott's part with a free reward night. That was 6 weeks ago and still no refund despite several phone calls to accounting office and the manager. I expect better service as a Marriott Platinum menber.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lower floors unless you like loud music all night long.