“Terrible Greek Experience”
Review of Grecian Gyro

Grecian Gyro
Ranked #39 of 70 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Reviewed October 8, 2014

I love gyro meat and like to eat Greek food at least 2-3 times per month.

Recently my favorite place in Sandy Springs was closed so I have been looking
for a nearby alternative. I spotted Grecian Gyro on Chamblee-Dunwoody Road
and stopped in for lunch. I wish I had not. This was perhaps the most disappointing
eating experience in my adult life and recent memory. This place would not even qualify as a decent fast food restaurant.

First, the music was head banging, heavy metal but worse than the choice of music
was the fact that it was obviously an FM station with a weak signal so the music was
intermittent which made it even more annoying to have to listen to while dining.

Secondly, the average age of the staff was about 20 years old and they had clearly
had NO training on customer service or even good wait staff attitude The service was
clearly substandard and beyond disappointing.

Third, the small portion of food (with an inappropriate price tag) was served on
a plastic plate with plastic utensils. The meager portion of meat and sauce for
the potatoes was more like a child's portion. While the meat was just "okay" I assume
it was authentic and appeared to be properly roasted on the spit. However, it was not
seasoned well and was almost under cooked.

The salad was limp and the dressing was mediocre and the portion was woefully small
for the price of the platter.

The soft drink machine did not work properly and the Coke Zero I poured looked
and tasted like bad water. When I informed the young man who appeared to be the
manager or at least senior staff member he told me that it was not working properly,
like I could see that in my cup.

No apology and no offer to refund my money. I wound up serving myself a glass of
ice water from the soda machine. Never mind that I paid for a soft drink which I never
received.

The young man (who appeared to be of Greek descent) was polite but spent
most of his time talking to a young African-American woman behind the counter
about the sale of cannabis. Not exactly what one would expect to hear discussed
in a restaurant.

Overall I would say that this dining experience ranked among the worst in
recent memory. High prices, bad service, small portions, untrained and
unprofessional staff all contributed to a lousy dining experience.

If you are looking for Greek food.................keep on looking and do not
stop at this establishment. I did notice a plaque on the wall with the apparent
name of a Greek family who presumably owns the establishment. However,
the owners need to pay attention to customer service and wake up before
patrons realize that this place should be turned in to a Radio Shack so that
there is no mistaking it for an eating establishment.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The food was ok but nothing to go back for. there are other local gyro places that have better food & prices. Don't need to go back here

Been to Grecian Gyro? Share your experiences!