“Go somewhere else, there are so many better Italian Restaurants”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Atlanta, Georgia
“Go somewhere else, there are so many better Italian Restaurants”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I don't know what happened to this place, the food is just not good. And its obvious from the empty parking lot on a Saturday night when every other restaurant in the area has long waits. This used to be a great restaurant, but now they have a very limited menu of very average good. Of the 5 people in our party, non liked their food. As usual their house wine is watered down, but more disturbing they pour it into regular water glasses, which in our case had just come out of the dishwasher, which obviously uses a bleach based detergent, because the water left from the dishwasher on the glasses smelled and tasted strongly of bleach. Very distastefull. Also during our brief time there, at least 3 times waiters dropped plates to the floor that of course shattered and made a big noise. This is just unacceptable.

Spend your money somewhere else, you will not enjoy it here.

• Visited March 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Just ok”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Food is very run of the mill. Lots of it. Can be noisy.

San Francisco, California
“Very mediocre food; poor service”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We had a party of 7 on Dec. 3, a not so busy Saturday evening when we arrived. The $9 Calamari Fritti was barely enough for one person. We ordered two for the table and had to chew very slowly to make it last long. Italian Mojito tasted like diluted sugar water to me. The mint leaves were thickly green with hard stems and not crushed. For entree, I ordered Parmesan-Crusted Sole. The first bite was so potently salty that blinded my buds for a long while before I can recollect myself to try the second.

The service was very bad. The young lady was chatty and delightful, but the table serving is not charming at all. She didn't provide us with enough water before, during and after the meal. Not sure if it's their intention to force us to order more drinks. One entree for the party guest was almost 15 minutes late. Another one for other table was mistaken for ours. When I barely finished my Sole, she almost robbed my dish and knife away then asked "Are you done?". What can I say-- not yet, give me back the plate?

My partner ordered a Warm Spinach & Shrimp for $13. One option is to add scallop for additional $1. He said no scallop needed when placed the order. But no shrimp showed us later, either. He also strongly disliked the saltiness of the salad.

Overall, the place gives you a comfortable setting for sit-down meal. But it's not a place for good Italian food.

• Visited December 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“New menu, but everything was SALTY!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have been going here for years, but was suprised to see virtually nobody here this evening during prime time. They had just put out a new menu, and we tried several new items. Everything was nearly too salty to eat!

• Visited October 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good Italian food with good service and reasonable prices. Simple as that.”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Good Italian food with good service and reasonable prices. Simple as that.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook