“Try the 2 for $20”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited Chili's tonight. I ordered the Margareta Chicken (changed the sides to loaded mashed potatoes - they were excellent and brocolli) and my friend ordered the fajitas with onion rings and cheese on top. The server was very helpful and told us that the two items we ordered were on the 2 for $20 menu, so if we wanted an appetizer it would be essentially free and the two entrees would cost less than ordering without the 2 for $20. So we ordered chips with salsa & quacamole.

The foodcame out of the kitchen promptly and was very fresh & delicious!

For dessert we shared the molten oreo dessert(this was not part of the 2 for $20), it was not in the main menu, but a menu of specials or new items. It was amazing!!! It consisted of vanilla ice cream on top of a warm cake that was both black and white with drizzled chocolate sauce and crushed oreos.

Would definitely go back if we are in the Perimeter Center area of Atlanta.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were staying in a hotel nearby, so we wound up eating twice in one week recently. The first meal was takeout. We purchased the "2 for $20" special. For the shared appetizer, we chose the half order of cheese fries. The cheese was pretty much hardened by the time I got back to the hotel, so those were not that good. For the entrees, we chose two of the 6 oz sirloins. These were much better, cooked to our specifications. We also added another appetizer, the Southwest Eggrolls. These were delicious. Overall, we were fairly pleased with this order. Total cost of the meal was $30.

A couple of days later, we ate at the restaurant again, this time there were four of us and we ate in. My wife and I shared the Southwest Eggrolls again. For our entrees, I chose the Bacon Burger, while my wife had the Fajita Trio, consisting of steak, chicken, and garlic-and-lime shrimp. The burger was pedestrian. It could have been any burger from just about any menu at any number of faceless restaurants across the country. My wife enjoyed the fajitas. She said they were better than average. Total cost of that meal for the two of us was $38.

They wound up seating us next to a booth that had three kids whooping it up, bouncing and talking loudly. They were surrounding a woman who was sitting there ignoring everything while nursing her margarita. I hope she was not driving.

The only reason I would visit this Chili's again would be if I were staying in the hotel and could not get a ride to any other restaurants. That probably would not happen, so I guess I've seen the last of it.

1  Thank Ramblingman163
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Chili's has really good lunch specials. Well-priced, varied choices are served quickly and are very good. The salad choices are excellent, always fresh, with fried or grilled chicken. My husband loves the buffalo chicken salad and my favorite is a southwest spiced and grilled chicken breast over greens with avocado. The soup and salad special is a favorite - try the spicy southwestern chicken and sausage soup- delicious. We almost always sit in the bar area, and the servers here are very friendly and always willing to have something adjusted to your taste. Dinner choices are varied and quite good, but there are many choices in the area for a good dinner. Chili's really shines for lunch! Working folks should try the mango or blackberry ice tea; I like it best with an unsweet tea base. My husband recommends the Blue Moon draught for retirees!

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!