“Great Italian Market in Dunwoody” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Market in Dunwoody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I love this place. Everyone here is fantastic and the food and service is great. Sam's hero is my favorite sandwich with a side of olives!

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Italian Groceria in Dunwoody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

È. 48th Street Market is a small Italian grocery/deli in Dunwoody, Georgia. They offer some hard to find in Atlanta Italian delicacies. They also have prepared foods and sandwiches. Everything is fresh and delicious. It is family owned.

Visited July 2014
Bonaire, Georgia
“If you're Italian, or know the food, you'll get it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

A friend at work recommended the place, so on my next trip through Atlanta the wife and I made a point to stop in and check it out. We bought a lunch and packed it in a cooler for a trip and ate it several hours later on the road. The sights and smells of the store brought back memories of home (in New York) from decades ago, and the taste of the food delivered on all those memories. The "Heros" (My but it's been ages since I heard that) were well made and not what the average American expects when you order a "Sub or Hoagie". American style tends to be a half pound of meat, buried under a ton of condiments, while an Italian Hero is a balanced thing. Several layers of flavor, none of them dominatiing the other, and the bread isn't just a convienence for holding it together, but is part of the balancing act. The board above the deli counter has all the staple choices spelled out, it couldn't be easier to figure out what you want, and if you don't see what you like, simply ask, they'll make it (they're in business to sell you food!). The Biscotti and Sfogliatelle we took with us and had with coffee that night were heavenly, especially the Sfogliatelle pastry, which if you've never had you must try, and if you have had but can't find outside New York, well then your prayers have been answered. The place was so worth the visit to us that on the way back through Atlanta on the same trip we stopped again for lunch, and also picked up sauce, meatballs, fresh pasta, a loaf of bread, and frozen Sfogliatelle for dinner at home that night. If all they sold was pastry I'd probably still stop in every time I went on the east side of Atlanta, but in all honesty now that I know it's there and what treasures they have on their shelves, I'll probably be lured into Atlanta a lot more easily than has been my custom.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery
“Fab food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of a friend and were very happy we did. The service was very helpful and friendly and the food was outstanding. We ordered a meatball hero, a ham and turkey hero, and linguine with bolognese sauce and meatballs for lunch. All of it was excellent. Lunch inspired me to buy 8 giant meatballs from the deli (4 chicken and 4 beef), some housemade bolognese sauce to go, as well as homemade fettuccine and spinach bread. All of it was perfect. East 48th St. Market will be on our radar for all our trips to Atlanta from now on.

• Visited June 2014
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
“You gotta know what you want”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you come here often, I guess it's good. But if you are new to this joint don't expect much help from the staff on what to order. They aren't exactly helpful. My meal was good but portions are large. I would have liked some more help in ordering something that may be popular to try.

I'm not inclined to go back.

• Visited February 2014