“Delicious food, gracious service, nice atmosphere”

Viceroy Royal Indian Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Viceroy Royal Indian Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 69 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My friends and I tried this place because it is a sister restaurant to one in NC that one of my friends frequented, and we were not disappointed. It is in a strip mall in a very busy and commercial part of town, so when we walked into the somewhat elegant decor we were pleasantly surprised. Our server was new and just learning, but his boss or the owner was quick to correct him and make sure that everything was right. She was also quite gracious about explaining the menu and making suggestions for us. We had a mixed appetizer of Tandoori meats (loved the chicken but not the lamb) and fried vegetables, which was fun to sample. (I couldn't figure out what the one I like the best was!) I had Tandoori Chicken Tikka, which was all white meat and perfectly seasoned -- it was delicious. My companions were also pleased with their entrees. We will definitely be back, as it is a good "in-between" location for us.

1  Thank DelArtist

Reviewed January 15, 2012

A friend had a coupon so we tried this restaurant over a year ago. Good thing because I've been back 3-4 times since then (without coupons) and love the food. Went this past week. Love the atmosphere. The owners (I assume) are a man and woman who each stopped by our table 2-3 times to ask us if we were enjoying our dinner. Absolutely! However, (and I totally agree with a previous post) our waiter, though professional, could be a little more talkative. He spoke so seldom that it is hard to tell if the problem was a "language" issue - we may never know. It wouldn't stop me from going back to the Viceroy - I will be back, for sure.

2  Thank CultureHound
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I do not want to waste a big review on this restaurant. The food is not good at all, the mutton we ate was under cooked, appetizers were tasteless and the daal too salty. The first server who came to our table was too rude in answering basic questions like about the portions and what was recommended, he just went off in between and sent the manager to take our order. It seemed as if they it was out of their paid duties to answer one or two questions from the guests. The best was when our check came to around 37 dollars and we kept 40 dollars, the server asked us do you need change back or will you leave that as tip? I know its customary to keep tips but not like this!!

Reviewed November 26, 2011

From the outside the place is barely noticeable. I'm glad that we did notice it because the food was delicious. We had a buffet lunch today, so we tasted several dishes and they were all PERFECT. Besides offering the most delicious indian cuisine i've had in the whole US the restaurant offers a nice atmosphere. There are no plastic plates or cups, no paper napkins - they are too classy for that and I do appreciate that. I hate plastic cups and paper!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Overall, had an enjoyable mid-week dinner (no buffet) here. The food was quite good. Really no complaints regarding food quality, presentation, quantity, etc. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Also, nice selection of Indian beer (adds to the experience). The restaurant is located within a strip shopping center. Somewhat hard to find (for out-of-towners). Non-descript from the outside. Inside is pleasant although somewhat too open of a layout. My only constructive feedback is the waitstaff should be somewhat more engaging with the customer. My waiter appeared to be not interested in working. While professional, he did not exhibit a friendly or welcoming attitude. The other people working there exhibited a similar attitude. Not sure if everyone was just having a bad night, or this was the norm. Certainly, a delicious dinner is a first priority; however, it doesn't hurt to have your waitstaff crack a smile!