“Newly Renovated; Great Place to Stay”

Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights while in Atlanta visiting family. The hotel was recently totally renovated; I am pretty sure we were the first guests to stay in our room since renovation. They are still renovating the first floor, but no guests are staying on the first floor, and construction does not begin until 10 a.m. There is a strong odor of new carpeting in the hallways and guest rooms, but we just left our windows open all day and night, and the odor in the room greatly diminished.

The pull-out sofa's mattress was a little thin and my 17-year-old could feel the springs in the mattress. But we got a mattress pad from housekeeping and used it in a double thickness under the sheets, and she said it was much better that way. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge in Atlanta as we had had a wonderful experience with the Staybridge in Montgomery on our way to Florida.
We knew the hotel was under construction but they told us it would not bother us after 6:00p.m and it didn't.
Our biggest complaint was that we could not get on the internet in our room and kept getting kicked off in the dining room. They had the tech person try but could not get us on.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Edward46,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The WiFi was giving many of our guest’s issues and I'm grateful you brought this to our attention. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spent the weekend of 3/23-3/25 at this property. It was one of the few hotels I could find that had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very reasonable. At check in I was told that they were going through a renovation but that they had mostly completed the demolition. We were also warned that there might be water outages between 10 am and 6 pm. That might have been nice to know prior to check in. Our room was great. It was on the first floor and the set up was perfect for the buddy weekend my friends and I had planned. Everything we needed was there: fully stocked kitchen, on site laundry and on site fitness facility. The next morning, we were awakened first by the banging of dishes. Apparently the kitchen where the breakfast buffet is prepared was right behind our room. You could hear every dish hitting the sink. Then the fire alarm went off in our room,..twice! We were still in bed so we weren't cooking anything. It could only have been set off by the activities in the kitchen next door. At the same time, we were also getting the noise of the construction workers in the hallway preparing to start work. Breakfast was good with a nice variety. Upon coming back to our room from breakfast, the jackhammering started right above us. It sounded like the workers were going to come through the ceiling. This was prior to the 10 am start that we were expecting. Our plan was to be out by then but they started the noise before 9:30! Fortunately we were back late enough that evening that the work was done by the time we got back and it seems they had that Sunday off. Except for the extreme noise I loved everything else about the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the first floor, especially Room 110. You'll be by the breakfast kitche...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was visiting Atlanta for Business and this was great hotel. The night desk clerk was awesome and so friendly. The shuttle drivers were always on time and willing to take us wherever we needed to go! Overall awesome customer service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I regularly visit the Atlanta Perimeter area on business and usually stay at the Embassy Suites but colleagues recommended the Staybridge Suites, which I tried for the first time this week. I was very impressed by how friendly the staff were at the Staybridge and thought the rooms were comfortable. I only stayed for 2 nights but if I had been there longer I would have really appreciated the kitchen-diner part of the room (which you don't get at the Embassy Suites). The breakfast and early evening drinks & food were good & created a warm atmosphere in the main hotel area. The hotel's location next to Perimeter Mall & restaurants as well as the big Target store is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

About a month ago I was tasked with finding an Atlanta hotel with a great location that could handle an extended family weekend. An additional wrinkle is that the get together would involve a couple of small dogs. I'm pleased to report that after a lot of research on-line and reviewing Trip advisor feedback, the Staybridge Suites - Perimeter Center East fit the bill adequately.

The kids loved the shared living room, the kitchen, microwave and evening popcorn was very welcome. I had fears that our dogs might occasionally get excited by hall traffic and goings-on but first the two rooms we occupied seemed rather well insulated. Second, there were other pet owners in the same wing as our room and it simply never became an issue. The parking lot is very spacious and there are great areas and almost a community feel for taking the pets out for a walk. We couldn't have imagined all the restaurant choices in the area and the proximity to Atlanta's MARTA station a short 10 minute walk away.

My "average" rating is based on a few worn/scratched areas in the room, bathroom wall paper that had pulled away etc. but I understand this property is preparing for a February renovation. As a Priority Club member they were most gracious in allowing us a late Sunday afternoon check-out which came as a huge relief to us based on our Sunday AM plans. Check-in, the staff service at the morning breakfast buffet was always courteous and responsive.

In short, this is a good and economical choice for the East Perimeter area.

Room Tip: I had room 134 on a somewhat West side of the hotel. Not sure if this is the pet wing or not but it...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Atlanta for surgery at Northside Hospital. We had not booked reservations in advance due to my surgery date being moved up. We arrived at Staybridge Suites East to look for a room. We were greeted very warmly by manager Gary and Front Desk agent Desi. Both we so compassionate and took interest in helping us find a place to stay. They were sold out for that night but Gary welcomed us to eat at their Sundowner event where they offer free light dinner and beer/wine. While my husband and I ate, Desi secured us a reservation at a sister property Staybridge Suites West for the night. That was the last room they had too! We were so impressed with Gary, Desi, and the warmth of the property, we came back to Staybridge Suites East-Perimeter Center for the remainder of our stay. We stayed in a show suite #224 which is a proto type of the renovations all the rooms will be going under by February 2012. The room was spacious, modern, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We felt so taken care of throughout the stay. Though the hotel was at full occupancy, it was quiet and well laid out. There is free laundry service on site. There is a business center where you can print documents and make copies free of charge. There is a nice double sided fireplace in the reception area where you want to curl up with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and read a good book. They also provide a free shuttle service to areas within 5 miles of the hotel. Within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. Great property and even better staff! The service was 5 stars! After being released from the hospital, it was so nice to be greeted by Desi who immediately asked how I was feeling. She also asked if there was anything I needed and to let them know if they could help me with anything. The owners/investors of this property should be proud. We will definitely be back for future stays! Please keep in mind the pictures are of room 224 which is a model for their upcoming renovations. Not all the rooms may look like this now. However, this should give you an idea of what they will be in the future. You could request room 224 if available.

Room Tip: Hotel had elevators in the middle to ask for a room away from the elevators. Room 224 is their show...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center North
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Hyatt Place Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East? Share your experiences!