“Beautiful hotel with gorgeous art and spacious rooms”

Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Large hotel with lots of public spaces very well decorated in Mid-Century modern art and furnishings. Room are all suites with a huge sitting area with sectional, work desk, large screen tv and small kitchenette and full dining room table. King beds in the bedroom were very comfortable. Lighting was a little dark, not much of a view and the bathrooms were surprisingly small, but everything was so tastefully done and very comfortable. Staff, with the exception of the server in the lobby, was friendly and helpful. Drinks and food were pretty good. Parking is free. Location is a little out of the way and not central to any of the major sights, but lots of shops nearby make it convenient for shopping. Too cold to swim, but they do have an outdoor pool. Needs more than one towel rack in the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Cheong2014,

Thank you for your review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We love the perfect 5 rating!!

We hope you will come back and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Just a beautiful facility. Rooms are very pretty. Public spaces are fantastic, with different sitting areas, a somewhat European mod look, just very attractive overall. Restaurant quite good too. Very comfortable place that's hard not to like a lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear wise2374,

Thank you for the kind review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. You are wise indeed!!

I am especially pleased with your reference to the restaurant, Portico. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was a great hotel for the weekend traveler; I sense that its mostly a business hotel (busy Sun-Thurs) so on the weekend, there's tons of parking, space, less noise. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was well-appointed, clean, spacious, modern, and quiet (in a good way). The bed was fantastic. Staff was very friendly. Club lounge had a nice continental breakfast, and parking was free. Internet is $12.95 but waived with our gold status. Within walking distance of the perimeter mall. Not sure what else is around here, but if you need a hotel in the area, I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear FishingAce,

Thank you for the great review of Le Meridien.

We have a tremendous corporate traveler base on weekdays but we love our leisure guests on weekends! We hope that you will have the opportunity to come back. In the meantime, thank you for the recommendation!.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very nice weekend stay at this hotel. The service from the Front Desk was very hospitable and warm. The hotel recently completed a remodel and the hotel design is very stylish and comforting. Our room was clean and every housekeeper we encountered was also very friendly and greeted us. The Starwood bed is the best in the hotel industry. The only negative I can think of is that we could not figure out how to operate the in room coffee maker. We will be back.

Dear Merlot P,

Thank you for the great review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am very pleased to read that you will be back. For your next visit, please call and ask for assistance with the coffee machine. It is a little tricky, but it makes great coffee!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here twice during December 2013 as I was passing through Atlanta. Convenient location. Not a lot of dining option close by past 10pm, but plenty in the daytime. Recommend Alan's for breakfast/bunch/lunch.

Lobby, bar, and restaruant are gorgeous and decorated in up to date modern fashion. Plenty of seating in super stylish settings for an evening drink or Illy coffee in the morning. Outdoor pool, which is sort of useless in Atlanta during the colder months. Wish they had an indoor pool also.

Staff had an air of laxness and unprofessional manner to them during my interactions upon check-in and check-out. Not what I've experienced at other Le Meridien properties, where the service is professional in the way you'd expect at a 4-star hotel. I'd like to see it not be quite so casual. Parking was also $15 per day, which seems unneccessary with the hotel being in a suburban area.

The rooms were beautiful, decorated in warm walnut furnishings and luxury bedding. Loved the deep grey carpeting and dark grey painted walls, which were complemented by stark white walls to balance out the look. Room was large, and I appreciated the sofa for seating outside of bed. Huge television too. Bathroom had a large wall to wall vanity, topped with white marble and a undermounted stainless steel sink. Got a room with a tub/shower combo the first stay, and a room with a two person sized shower the second stay. I'd prefer the shower, but back were tiled with interesting sculpted white tile.

Overall I think with is a great stop off for passing through or a business trip in Atlanta. I certainly carries the Le Meridien feel, just needs a little polishing with the service staff.

1  Thank lucky_bunni
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear lucky_bunni,

Thank you for your detailed review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

I am pleased to read all of the positive comments on the hotel and especially pleased to learn that this was a second visit for you. We hope you will continue to visit us when your travel plans include Atlanta!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

So I stay at various Starwood Atlanta location as a Platinum member to try them out and one of the amenteties I like to use are the club lounges to relax and eat a good snack and perhaps some beverages, let me say, the evening snacks were very simple and hard to beleive only one hot item as an option and the rest were cheeses, crackers an chips nothing to call mama about and to top it off I understand that some hotels are eliminating wine/beer from the lounges included but why would you on top of charging the customer charge a room service charge for asking for a glass of wine from the lounge?????

For breakfast it was even sadder at the lounge, no hot options, only a continental breakfast with cereal, pastries, cold boiled eggs and yogurt. Its sad to say that the Sheraton Perimieter is not as nice as this hotel but the Club lounge is 10 TIMES better than this one and the Sheraton is just around the corner with better rates

Loved the public areas, front desk staff and club lounge employees very proffessional and friendly, area is awesome for many restaurant options as other reviewers have mentioned.

Next time I am in the area Sheraton Perimeter here I come, not close the mall as the Le Meridien but they offer shuttle service to it so no issue there.

Dear Coquibravo,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn that you were not pleased with our Club Lounge offerings. As you point out, we do not offer complimentary alcoholic beverages. To my knowledge, very few hotels do. We are working on developing different food offerings but for the most part, we are not considering full breakfast items or an elaborate choice of evening appetizers. We believe that the quality of our room and suite offerings combined with our location and friendly service is the primary driver of our guest loyalty.

It is regretful that we will not have the pleasure if welcoming back but know that we appreciate you feedback and thank you again for having stayed with us.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. My husband and I had a beautiful room on the 10th floor. The lobby is very inviting and open, and the front desk staff did everything with a smile and were very helpful. The furniture is modern and the design of the room is phenomenal. We really felt like we had gotten away from our daily lives and could relax. The bed is soft and the TVs are huge. We had a large sitting room with an equally large dining table. There even had an area to work if we wanted to. The hotel is right next door to a mall and there are some great restaurants in the area. At one point, we needed a wine opener, and someone was at our door in 5 minutes. The only complaint I have is that we could hear people talking next door to us. I am so glad I booked here instead of somewhere downtown. You pay more downtown, and you don't get the space or style. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear ATLtravel123,

Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased to read about your pleasant experience with us.

Please come back soon.

Peter J. Dunn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Midtown
Loews Atlanta Hotel
Loews Atlanta Hotel
#4 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!