WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
charleston
“Excellent choice in suburban Atlanta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed one night at the Le Meridien and chose it, in large part, due to reviews as well as being a Starwood Preferred Gold member. The hotel is less than a mile from the intersection of I-85 and I-285 and adjacent to Perimeter Mall. While it appears to cater to business clientele it offered a perfect option for a pleasure get away as well. The condition of the common areas and the rooms was excellent and provided a bit of a European flair. Nice amenities with in-room deluxe coffees, toiletries, bathrobes, very large desk, large screen TV and very comfortable bedding. A full sofa in a very large room. The only deferred maintenance item that I noted was a loose faucet in the shower. Otherwise - impeccable. i believe that this is a form W Hotel that the SPG recently converted to Le Meridien. The room was exceptionally quiet. There is a California Pizza kitchen adjacent to the parking lot and I am certain many dining options within the hotel. I had breakfast on my day of departure in the Hotel - an extremely nice breakfast buffet at a $19 price point. Pleasant and attentive service and uncrowded on a Saturday morning. Parking was complimentary. Everyone with whom I had contact was pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. At a price point of $100 via the SPG website I considered it a bargain. If you care to be in the Buckhead area equivalent hotels will top the scale at $225-$350, and it is less than a 10 minute drive. I shall definitely return to the Le Meridien.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdf3361
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Jdaniel,

Thank you for the complete review. I am thrilled to read that you would select us again if your travels brought you back to Atlanta.

We look forward to welcoming you back!.

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I travel to ATL at least twice a month and this hotel is definitely a game changer. A more design oriented (who doesn't love lounging in an Eames) decor and fantastically laid out rooms (desks are superb) made this a complete surprise. Thank you for bringing some life to my business travel!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear HapHazardGourmet,

Love the pen name!

Thank you for the great review. The best compliment we could receive, bringing some life to you business travel!

We hope to see you again.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for business. All the staff were superb and the rooms were very good. Stylish and modern with tons of space and lovely bathroom facilities. Used the gym which was excellent and had a couple of meals which were fine.

Will definitely use this for my Atlanta trips in future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear MalPalLondon,

Thank you for the great review. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our meeting services .We have outstanding facilities that we are very proud of.

We hope to see you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit, very nice, well appointed.
Friendly, courteous, efficient staff. Quick check in. Suite was large and comfortable, nice view from our 11th floor suite. We did not use the Resturant, however i was told by a colleague that it was very good. The bed was very comfortable. Our meetings in the Board Room were attended to by staff who kept bringing drinks and snacks. The audio/visual equipment was "State of the Art". The proximity to Perimeter Mall was convenient for our spouses to shop while we met. We will be back in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Topgun48
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Topgun48,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read that you will be back. Please try our signature restaurant, Portico, on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been traveling to the perimeter area of Atlanta for over 10 years as my company headquarters are located there. I have probably stayed in just about every major chain hotel in the area and have always been puzzled at how run down and in need of updating most of them are. Recently both the Marriott and what was the "W" (now Le Meridien) completely upgraded and Le Meridien is the place to stay. The rooms are huge. This was my first return in some time and the staff desk upgraded me to a king suite on the club floor. I stayed for three nights and the room was fantastic! It was tastefully decorated with a large sectional sofa, table for eating or meeting, a large desk area and a second room with king bed.Best of all it was so new...no stains on the carpet or furniture as is common in most of the area properties. Yes, the bathroom is on the small side, but the overall quality of the room is leagues above anything else in the area.
The only place I felt they came up short was in the club lounge. There are really only some light snacks available in the evening and no hot food for breakfast other than oatmeal. The Marriott has this beat with light dinners and full hot breakfast. However, the location can't be beat as the Perimeter Mall and many restaurants are across the street and easy to walk to.
I used the hotel shuttle every morning, and it was a pleasure as it seemed on demand and was always right there. I was the only rider each morning. The restaurant and bar a beautiful, but I did not eat in them. I did order room service and the food was good but the choices limited, It would be nice to see those offerings expanded.
Overall, this is my new place to stay. The service was great and everyone seemed to be happy to be working there which always makes being away from home a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Suites are huge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Oniionryder,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read you liked the renovated look and I am especially appreciative of the "Best bet in the Perimeter area" title.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Newly converted, modern. Friendly staff. Great hotel gym, but they were out of sanitizer wipes. The only negative really was the loud sound the doors make when you open and close them, especially the closing part, it's like nails on a chalkboard. It really sounds like people are slamming them shut.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near at ends of the hallway where the suites are located. During the first part...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear BrenKen1,

Thank you for your review.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for nearly two weeks at the beginning of October. Overall - very comfortable. Hotel staff were always helpful and polite. We travel extensively and always book Club Lounge rooms. Club Lounge equals - private lounge with evening drinks and snacks in the evening, breakfast (cooked) and free wi fi - this was not the case. We had to pay for wine - $25 US for two glasses of wine, very limited snacks. Breakfast was limited and on the weekends, it was not replenished regularly - people had to ask for bread for toast. The hostess looking after the club lounge on the weekends was quite frosty when you asked for orange juice or milk (basic breakfast stuff??). Wi-fi in the club lounge is not free - you have to use the two computers to get free wi-fi. Basically do not bother spending the money on Club Lounge - not worth it.

The rooms have been upgraded and are modern and spacious. A couple of things to take on board. Upgrade your hair dryers - they are very old and small. I have short hair and took me time to dry my hair - anybody with long hair would be there for a while....take your own hairdryer. I asked for a plug converter ie. Australian to US - the hotel did not have any...get some! Not everybody has coffee - whilst there was coffee machines in the room, there was no way to make tea. Our room was on the 10th floor and the club lounge was on the 12th. I am not going to walk up stairs to get some hot water to bring down stairs. Get some kettles and keep with housekeeping for people who request them.

The gym was great and used it on a daily basis. We only ate in the restaurant twice but all good. We ate across the road at Season 52 - which was very reasonably priced and great.

I would stay again at this hotel - just a few points to improve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jinnine r,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate all of your suggestions. You are correct in that we do not provide complimentary wine or beer in the Club Lounge. However, we have recently made a change to offer free Wi Fi in the Club Lounge. Other features and benefits are indicated on our website.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Peter J. Dunn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!