“I wish I knew about this sooner!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
“I wish I knew about this sooner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel used to be the W which was very nice. I never realized that they converted it to another Starwood property.

Location is perfect; shopping, dining, and work all totally convenient. There is even a Super Target around the corner.

Rooms are very sleek and appear to be recently updated. The size of the room is what caught me by surprise. Much more spacious than the typical room.

I will be staying here again! Goodbye Hampton inn, Hyatt place and all the other marginal perimeter hotels!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Laurawi,

Thank you reviewing Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. We love the fact that you are leaving the competition to come to us!

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Outside Atlanta location perfect for people doing business in the north part of the city. This hotel was recently renovated and has a warm minimalist furniture including a huge lobby area with books. The location is very nice also because they are in front of Perimeter mall and a lot of very good restaurants. I cant describe the excellent service i received there. The rooms are nice. I used the fitness center many times and every thing works. They have a van service that can take you for free to any place located at max 2-3 miles round.

Dear Robertocjp,

Thank you for the wonderful compliment on the excellent service you received. It is always a pleasure to read positive and it serves as a great motivator to the team.

Winter Haven, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed here as part of a business meeting. The hotel is undergoing some exterior and interior renovations but that did not interfere in my stay. I spoke with the staff and the changes will make this hotel even better. The hotel lobby area is huge. It has a very spacious bar and restaurant area in the lobby. (They are expanding the restaurant with the renovations.) The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. My room was equally as large. It had a large HD TV with real digital channels. The bed was very soft and great for sleeping. I was very impressed with the quality of this hotel. It has also a superb location - right across from the mall and many shops and restaurants. I loved the area. It is also near the MARTA station. The hotel will pick you up or take you there to get right to the airport so you could consider no rental car. I would return to this outstanding hotel. It is a great value.

Room Tip: There are many special areas on this property. Check them out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear CarpeDiem0212,

Thank you for the great review on the quality of the hotel and the compliments on the staff.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the new Le Meridien in May. The last time I stayed at the hotel was about 14 years ago, when it was a W Hotel.

They have redone almost all of the hotel, and it is lovely. The front desk staff is soooo friendly and helpful, they should be commended. If you ask a question and they don't have an answer, they will find it for you. Kudos to all of them. Everyone I encountered over the 3 days was just as good.

I was surprisingly upgraded to a wonderful suite. It was spacious, modern and comfortable. My only question to Le Meridien would be around the bathroom. After all of that work, why wouldn't you take out the old, yellowed bathtub and put in a nice, modern shower? I just don't understand that one. And that is the reason I only gave 4 stars. I think they could have put the icing on the cake with that one.

Anyway, the hotel is great and it is in a great area. I will stay there on the next visit!

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear ANF1111,

Thank you for your review. I especially enjoyed reading about the friendliness of the staff.
As a separate note, approximately half of the rooms have walk in showers. I agree that it would have been great to change all of the bathroom tubs to showers but believe it not, there are still a number of travelers who prefer tubs to showers.

In any case, thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Like others mentioned, I hate to say I love it. I fear it will be too sought after. The SPG beds are out of this world, I even miss them when I go home. The towels are soft; other hotels' are so stiff it feels like the top layer of skin is scraped off when you dry yourself! The first time I stayed, I was jealous of my friend who got a nice sectional and tall desk in his room. My second time, I got a suite with dining room and separate bedroom, so now I am spoiled. I love this hotel. I don't really care about the food, I prefer to go out to eat anyway. Also, I am looking forward to the pool opening! The shuttle driver and the front desk staff are so friendly too! I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear apple-tron,

Thank you for your great review. I hope we can change your mind about our food, the new restaurant opens in July and the food will be fabulous!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This property was the first W in Atlanta (and one of the first W's anywhere) but was let go from the W brand back in 2011. The Atlanta Perimeter Hotel was the debacle that followed. Thankfully, Starwood got their act together and renovated and rebranded this hotel (in a great location in Dunwoody) to LeMeridien. I've stayed twice in the last month and have been very impressed, and the renovations aren't fully complete yet.
The rooms are great. Larger than most, great desk area, comfortable couch (I stayed in a standard king room), comfortable bed & A/C system. Gone are the showers without a door from the W days...tub/shower combo now but water pressure was great...bathroom amenities very nice also. Illy coffee a nice touch and mini bar available also. Only downside with the room was lighting. There just isn't enough.
As an SPG gold member I got upgraded to a high floor room with additional space on my first visit...didn't get an upgrade the second time, but I think the front desk worker was brand new. Staff was very friendly though.
All in all, Dunwoody has been lacking a good hotel since the W was there. Le Meridien could be a great hotel and I look forward to staying again once the renovation is complete.

• 4 of 5 stars
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear sbtau,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to learn that you are a repeat guest. You are correct in that this was one of the first W Hotels. Actually, it was the second after New York. We are just weeks away from completing our renovations which will be highlighted by the opening of our new restaurant, Portico Global Cuisine. We are planning on an early July opening. Please come back again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am a fan of the SPG group and was delighted that I could stay at the Le Meridien. The hotel is contemporary and the staff are very sweet, friendly and attentive. My room was spacious and comfortable. Wifi worked well and it was good to have coffee on tap.

The color / furniture scheme is a bit odd ... in parts modern, in parts new age, in parts old wood, in parts spartan. Not sure why. And the restaurant isn't finished yet, so you have to order in.

1 Thank nsnandra
Dear nsnandra,

Thank you r review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. A quick correction on the status of our food and beverage operation – our new restaurant is scheduled to open in early July but in the meantime, food service is available in The Hub for all three meals periods. Of course, in room dining is always an option.

Please come back again!

Peter J. Dunn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
#2 of 10 in Sandy Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 984 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!