WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dunwoody
Richmond, Virginia
“Wow! Great Hotel Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travel a lot around the US for business. I am pretty loyal to Starwood but I like to stay at boutique hotels whenever possible as well. I was coming to Atlanta just for a night and was probably going to arrive late. I called the hotel and they assured me no problem. I arrived around 10:00 PM, earlier than I had planned. The only downside of the hotel is the parking lot is a little dark and not well marked. Staff was awesome, some of the most friendly I have ever encountered. Front desk, great, room service, great, maid service, so polite and nice just saying hello in the halls. I had a late night snack and the food was very very good as was my breakfast. Workout facility was above average. Hotel has been renovated top to bottom and it shows. The lobby area is beautiful. As for the room one of the best I have ever had. Clean, spacious, well appointed. Bed was great and a great lounge chair and desk. Got plenty of work done before my late checkout. A must stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear orlickg,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the kind remarks on both the hotel and the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I was quite reluctant to write this review since I want to keep this secret to myself. This hotel has by far the most spacious room in its class here in ATL. I stayed very frequently at many SPG hotels in the area and this hotel is my new favorite. The platinum member upgrade to 2 king suite is much appreciated. The 12th floor club lounge is spacious with great breakfast and evening canapé. The beds are comfortable and decoration are tasteful. The only drawback is it is a bit of a drive to downtown ATL. The suite on 12th floor appeared to better than my 2nd stay on the 10th floor.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PP2603
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear PP2603,

Thank you not keeping the secret to yourself! Also, thank you for selecting Le Meridien over downtown Atlanta hotels, that alone is a great compliment.

My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Van City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for the past week. I chose this hotel because of it's location & it was a bonus that it was part of the Starwood program. Despite the construction, the hotel looked fabulous. The decor is modern, hip, & sleek. This was first time in ATL & also my first stay with a Le Meridien property. The room was spacious & the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom was nice but it would've been perfect if it was a tad bit bigger. Majority of the hotel patrons are business travelers. The service from the hotel was top notch. The staff made me feel @ home. The food @ Longitude 84 seemed pricey like any other typical hotel but the food was fantastic. For you java fans, they also serve Illy coffee. If u get a chance, dine there & I'm sure Crystal, Chris T., & Betreace will take good care of u. Only flaw, $19 for the breakfast buffet
a bit much for what they offer but still hit the spot. It was great that the hotel offered shuttle service within the area. Thanks to Richard for also helping me with my bags & Jesse for hooking me up with a ride to the airport. Check in & check out processes were easy & quick. Everyone @ the front desk was friendly, professional, & helpful. A special thanks to Frances, Najee, Sanya, Tania, & Chris with security. Hope to come back when the hotel is completed but in the mean time, fix the ice machine on the 6th floor & hope the view from 627 is better once the garbage bins disappear!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear LB500,

Thank you for all of the kind accolades on the hotel and the staff. I am so pleased that so many members of the team made an impression on your stay.

The hotel should be completed in late June / early July. We look forward to your return visit!

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The renovations are so new that you can still smell fresh paint in the hallways. The decor is modern and tasteful. I'm a big fan of the tv, the coffee maker and the huge floor to ceiling mirror! We weren't charged for parking because they are still renovating the exterior/parking area - I really appreciated this...I feel like other hotels would have charged the fee no matter what. The surrounding area is full of great shopping and dining options. There is an internet charge, but its reasonable. I also like having the receipt emailed to me, something that was offered when we checked in. We will be back next time we are in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear onein09,

Thank you for our kind review. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Atlanta!

Peter J Dunn
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a nightcation in perimeter. I really didn't know if the "grey" decor was going to be nice but it actually looked nice! I thought the hotel is very sleek and very well decorated. I can't really complain about the hotel much but the only thing that I didn't like was the "shower head." I thought it was the water pressure but it was fine. Maybe that should be changed. Outside of that, I thought this hotel will be exceptional in the months to come. Location is awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Klhawkz,

Thank you for the kind review. I am pleased to learn that you liked the décor. Sleek is certainly one good way to describe the look.
Please come back and visit us again.

Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a one day layover in Atlanta and since I am and SPG member I choose to stay at this property. This was my first stay ever at a Le Meridien and I was pleasantly surprise with this property. The location was great for me because it was 20 minutes away from downtown Atlanta. The rooms are a very nice size, with a great working desk, the service was very efficient and the property is going thru some construction that will make it even better in the future. I will definitely stay at this property again in the future. The pricing was very good also. For those of you who are SPG members, this is an OUTSTANDING Category 3 property.

Room Tip: Try to get on the Club Lounge floor the 12th. Complimentary breakfast and appetizers in the evening...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear robwat23,

Thank you for your review. Your note of being surprised by the property is something we are now hearing often as we wind down our renovation program. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Greensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at in quite a while. It's a former W property I believe and has been completely renovated. The room was spacious with new carpet and modern touches. $12 a day for wireless internet was a bit much though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear skione,

Thank you for the kind review. I am very pleased that you liked the results of our renovations.
Regarding the cost of internet service, we are very competitive in the market amongst the full service hotels. However, thank you for your honest feedback.

Peter J. Dunn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!