“Nightcation in Perimeter”

Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dunwoody
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a nightcation in perimeter. I really didn't know if the "grey" decor was going to be nice but it actually looked nice! I thought the hotel is very sleek and very well decorated. I can't really complain about the hotel much but the only thing that I didn't like was the "shower head." I thought it was the water pressure but it was fine. Maybe that should be changed. Outside of that, I thought this hotel will be exceptional in the months to come. Location is awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Klhawkz,

Thank you for the kind review. I am pleased to learn that you liked the décor. Sleek is certainly one good way to describe the look.
Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a one day layover in Atlanta and since I am and SPG member I choose to stay at this property. This was my first stay ever at a Le Meridien and I was pleasantly surprise with this property. The location was great for me because it was 20 minutes away from downtown Atlanta. The rooms are a very nice size, with a great working desk, the service was very efficient and the property is going thru some construction that will make it even better in the future. I will definitely stay at this property again in the future. The pricing was very good also. For those of you who are SPG members, this is an OUTSTANDING Category 3 property.

Room Tip: Try to get on the Club Lounge floor the 12th. Complimentary breakfast and appetizers in the evening...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear robwat23,

Thank you for your review. Your note of being surprised by the property is something we are now hearing often as we wind down our renovation program. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at in quite a while. It's a former W property I believe and has been completely renovated. The room was spacious with new carpet and modern touches. $12 a day for wireless internet was a bit much though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear skione,

Thank you for the kind review. I am very pleased that you liked the results of our renovations.
Regarding the cost of internet service, we are very competitive in the market amongst the full service hotels. However, thank you for your honest feedback.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I were there over Spring Break. It's about a 20 minute drive from downtown Atlanta (with no traffic and a 50 cents toll road going into the city). Since we've never stayed at a Le Meridien before, we thought we would give it a try and we're glad we did. We're SPG members and got a suite - a bedroom with two king beds, a nice size living room and a dining room table. Very nice to be able to spread out after a full day visiting all of Atlanta's great attractions. Francis at check-in was very helpful.

We used the Club Lounge for breakfasts and snacks. The woman there (I forgot to get her name) is wonderful.

A great place to stay with plenty of places to eat/shop nearby!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear DC4NJ

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the spacious suite!

Come back again!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property no fewer than ten times in its previous incarnations. I recently completed a one night stay under its new flag, Le Meridien.

Wow, what a difference. The hotel has been completely remodeled top to bottom. (NOTE: As of this writing, it is still under construction, but that did not affect my stay in any way)

Everything about this stay was top notch; from check-in to check-out and everything in between was fantastic. I was upgraded to a very large suite (I am a Starwood Platinum member) and was very impressed with the furnishings, the décor and the size of the room. This hotel used to have balconies on the rooms. Since the renovation, the balconies have been removed and replaced with an additional 24 square feet or so of living space in the rooms, which really makes a huge difference in perceived size of the rooms.

My suite was located on the club level, which, with my Starwood Platinum status, granted me access to a spacious and well stocked Club Lounge with 24-hour hot coffee, snacks and even bottled Perrier water - a welcome addition to my stay.

The room are each equipped with a mini bar and a complimentary illy espresso maker and four espresso pods, which I promptly plowed through upon arrival - a nice touch.

All in all, a fantastic stay - I will be returning in short order.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Geoffrey E,
Thank you for the great review!
We love our new hotel and to your point, the rooms and suites have a lot of extra space since we enclosed the balconies.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Peter J Dunn

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just stayed at the Le Merdien in the ATL Perimeter for work. I stayed at the hotel a year ago - what a difference a year makes. I was given a HUGE suite with full living room, work area, and dining room table, aside from the bedroom. The room was very comfortable. All the staff were very kind and helpful. Its in a good location if you need to be in that area of Atlanta. They were putting some finishing touches on the gym but it was decent size and had new equipment. I'll definitely be back.

The Club on the top floor was nice too -- and the individuals working, both morning and night, were incredibly friendly - like very authentically, nice people.

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Andrew_and_Kate

Thank you for the great review! The difference from one year to the next is truly remarkable. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am staying for three nights on business. The hotel just opened 3 weeks ago, and there is still on going construction. I have not been at the hotel during the day, but apparently the construction is going on between 8AM and 8PM for another few weeks before completion. The rooms on the upper floors are done, and are very large suites, with modern furnishing. There are large bedroom areas and large living areas with 55" Samsung LED TV's. I have not stayed at a LeMeridien (Part of the Starwood Collection of Brands), but like the clean, contemporary furnishings in the room and the overall look of the hotel. It feels similar to a W Hotel which this property used to be years ago before being completely renovated. The beds are comfortable, room was quiet at nigh, bathroom nice size. I come to Atlanta twice a month, and I see myself staying here again in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Waitingforvacation,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and particularily pleased that you will be coming back!

Peter J. Dunn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Perimeter Center
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!