“It's like the first time everytime!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of J. Alexander's Atlanta Dunwoody

J. Alexander's Atlanta Dunwoody
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Atlanta Dunwoody is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Lane
Atlanta, Ga
“It's like the first time everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

For the people who HATE the food here I would gladly ask them to never return because this place does NOT need your business.

When we first stumbled upon J. Alexander's a few years ago I assume it had recently been converted from a Houston's (I am NOT a Houston's fan - see review). I actually wanted to try this place after driving by because I have friends that live in Nashville that just rave about the amazing brunch. It took a while for J.'s to catch on because we used to never have a wait on Friday/Saturday night but now the wait is typically an hour. That speaks volumes to the people who "hate" the food here. You obviously are not able to be pleased.

I have never had anything below outstanding here nor has anyone I know. See my other reviews I am not easily pleased. The Filet at J's is $31 and rather large and melts like butter right in your mouth. The sides are amazing and interchangeable. You can always customize your order however you like and the service is impeccable.

If you are not looking to spend as much the Hyde Park (chicken sandwich), Burgers, and Fish / Chicken Tacos are all favorites of my friends and I when we are dinging on a budget.

The Pomegranate Martini (sub Lemonade for the OJ) is absolutely the best I've ever had and for $12 with top shelf vodka - you basically get two.

The Mac N Cheese and Carrot Cake are favorites among friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Thatguyfsu

Mountain View, California
“Consistent Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you have visited other locations, you will not be disappointed.

I found the wait staff particularly knowledgeable and professional.

Start with the Queso dip and dive into a beef entree. Don't miss the carrot cake dessert!

Visited January 2013
illinois
“Top of the Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed an early dinner at J. Alexander's on New Year's day. As usual the food was great and the service was excellent.
Jerrod, our server, anticipated our needs and fulfilled them before we could even ask! The grilled salmon was perfectly prepared and the barbecued ribs were tender and plentiful. This is a great place for lunch or dinner alone or with a group.

• Visited January 2013
Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Best service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the food is VERY good! But the service here is what is impressive. We have been several times over the last few months and every server we've gotten has been friendly and attentive. The coolest thing is that every server is walking by your table and checking to see if you need a refill or if yur dish needs to be cleared. It's just really impressive to see that type of teamwork.
Ok, so the food now! Flatbreads are all good, I like the fennel sausage with carmelized onions the best. Best calamari (it's not chewy like most places) and best Caesar salad ever! Fish tacos, "Not your ordinary" mac and cheese, Thai Kai Salad with peanut dressing, and French Dip sandwich are some of my favs. Haven't had anything that wasn't good yet. Also, Pomegranate Martinis are yummy and come with a little refill on theside in a chilled glass.

Visited December 2012
atlanta
“One of my faves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten here many times but never gave any feedback. You will not be disappointed. Love the open kitchen atmosphere. This location is a former Houston's restaurant. Love the chicken fingers and macncheese. Large portion of food.

• Visited November 2012