“Our favorite restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 434 Restaurants in Duluth
Atlanta
“Our favorite restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Armando's is our favorite restaurant! It's the first restaurant we went to on the day we moved into town 6 years ago. It is still our favorite lunch & dinner spot. The Tilapia Taco's & Lobster Taco's are my favorite. We have recommended this restaurant to so many friends, family & business colleagues. Armando the owner is always there to greet you & the staff are friendly, fast to serve & recognize you when you repeat your visit.. The food is unique, delicious & consistently good. Family owned, unique cuisine, always delicious - how many places can you describe like that?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kuboslov

Greenville, SC
“Not as good as the previous reviews made me believe”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Service was terrible. After waiting for about 25 minutes for our food and noticing that every other table was eating and the cooks were not cooking, we asked the other server if our order had been forgotten. Our server was busy with a large party. He checked with the cooks, who had no clue, then checked with our server and then came back to our table with menus. We told him we knew what we ordered and ordered again. By this time our half pitcher of margaritas was empty. Once we were able to flag our server down, we ordered another half pitcher. I was able to watch him fill the pitcher with mix, then add some alcohol, then without stirring it come to the table and fill my husband's glass then mine. I, obviously, suggested to my husband to pour his brown liquid back into the pitcher and mix it so we could enjoy three glasses of margarita instead of one plus two glasses of mix. We never received any apology for the forgotten dinners. It wasn't a great experience. The food was average. Chips and salsa were ok but the chips were in pieces and we had to ask for more salsa ( but that again was indicative of the poor service)

• Visited April 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Vsiting from out of town and wanted to try a local place instead of a chain restuarant. Armando's was referred and we ate there. Thought the food was really good - especially lobster tacos. Complimentary chips and salsa was served as we ordered and waited. Prices were average. It did fit the bill for local eatery.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beagledawg
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I read a bunch of reviews about this place, and I had a pretty high expectation. Armondo's exceeded that expectation. The food was incredible. I had a corn shrimp soup which is one of the best soups I have ever had, very flavorful and slightly spicy. I had the Lobster Tacos for dinner with the Jamaican Sauce. They were unreal. I was really surprised how much lobster was in the portion. Service was good, but the food will keep people coming back. Glad I got a chance to visit this little gem while here in Duluth.

• Visited February 2013
Aliso Viejo, California
“If you are looking for a change from typical Mexican this is it!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went to Armando's Caribe on a Sunday night for dinner and what a huge surprise! This place has a great mix of traditional Mexican with other Latin specialties. I love Ropa Vieja and they know how to do it! We also tried the Reuben Cubano and it was a good Cuban sandwich. The black beans are by far my favorite anywhere and the rice even impressed us. Prices are very reasonable and the service was good. We will be back!

• Visited December 2012