“Best sleep ever in a hotel!”

Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
“Best sleep ever in a hotel!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel did everything we needed it to do for our trip. Location was excellent, front desk service was great. Our room was very spacious and quiet and the bed/mattress/pillows were so comfy! Slept like a rock! Would def stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Upon checkin we were greeted with a Very friendly staff. Great location right off I-85 and close to Discover Mills mall and Gwinnett Arena. Rooms were nice and clean. Would recommend to other friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Flowery Branch
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was friendly, helpful and cordial, attending to any of our needs without issue. The rooms were immaculately cleaned, the location was great, and the services worth the money. Would definitely stay again. We had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was part of a group of 7 traveling for a conference. We had pre-booked our room 4 months ago, called letting them know we were not going to be checking in until 10 PM and were assured there would be NO PROBLEMS.. We arrived at 10 PM to a OVERBOOKED hotel and our rooms consisted of a conference room turned into a room with 2 small pull out sofas and a card table, a TV with a cable cord running from another room and taped to the floor with electrical tape. This was a room for 3 and was to be 2 doubles and a roll way. The other room was booked and paid for 4 people but it had ONE double bed and a roll away. The TV and microwave were missing, the frig not working. The AC started smelling like it was on fire so we unplugged it and had to sleep with the windows open. (needless to say, sleeping in the FRESH AIR was the pleasure of our stay). Thank goodness we had brought 3 blow up mattresses with us. The rooms were NOT ready as no towels were available.

DO NOT STAY HERE. The front desk staff were very nice, but a girl's gotta sleep there lol!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel
5 Thank shelly w
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was very old. The cabinets were peeling off, the toilet rocked when you sat on it and there were marks and stains on the walls. We had an issue with the air conditioner where it made a clicking noise. I couldn't sleep because it was so loud. We contacted the front desk and they sent someone in to fix it. They did a great job fixing the noise by preventing us from turning the air down or off. We froze that night because nothing we could do would turn it down. One of our friends didn't even have pillows on his bed at arrival. We didn't have our rooms cleaned even though we didn't put a do not disturb notice on the door. Too many issues to list- pick somewhere else.

3 Thank Jen M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Upon check-in, I had to pre-pay for my stay, which is unlike any other Choice Hotel I have ever stayed at unless it was a pre-pay rate. I asked what would happen if I had to leave early due to work finishing up and the front desk clerk assured me the money would be refunded. I booked the hotel through the Choice website and had a confirmation for queen room with a kitchen, no pre-pay. They gave me a 2 double bed room and when I called the desk, told me they didn't have any queen rooms. I also asked about the "kitchen", she said they are kitchenettes. Mine had a mini fridge with a busted freezer door, nasty racks in the fridge, dirty towel in the sink, and no coffee pot. When I called (again) to inquire about the coffee pot (to be fair, I did not address the fridge issue or dirty towel in the sink, just what seemed important at the moment), the clerk said they didn't have coffee pots in all the rooms and that there were no extras, but that there was coffee available for purchase at the desk. The room was really beat up, had a ripped comforter, a broken arm on the desk chair, and the window lock was broken so that the window would not close all the way. I felt bad, because I try to just make it through on a budget and could live with the condition of the room, but I called for a 3rd time to the front desk within 2 hours of checkin to address the window issue. It would not close for me and there was no screen on the outside. They did fix the window issue within about an hour of the call. My lesson, ALWAYS expect to get what you pay for. This was not worth the "bargain" price.

3 Thank Tyler S
Arkansas
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room me and my wife and our four year old was terrible. It stunk BAD. We tried spaying different things to cover it up and didn't touch the smell. We had to beg for towels everyday. The girl that works behind the desk was very nice but she had no control of the odor. Pretty sure there was prostitutes in and out daily. There's just a way you can tell when two poeple don't belong together and you see them leave in different cars or you see the same couple of girls DRESSED UP!!! Going in and out of different room. Don't know the sign for a drug deal but pretty sure a man dressed in the same cloths for a couple days and had eyes sunk back in his head kept giving me the thumbs up. Even ran to the elevator to do that when I was getting on. He didn't get on just wanted to get my attention

• Stayed December 2012