All reviews full kitchen stayed for one night comfortable bed would stay again rates attendant highway
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We were looking for a pet-friendly hotel in the Atlanta area. We needed kitchen facilities as well as we needed to store and do some final preparations on food we had brought to cater our son's graduation party. The hotel chains we usually stayed with, before becoming dog owners, allowed pets only up to 40 lbs, and charged an average of $100 non-refundable pet fees also. Our 50-lb American Bulldog did not fit the bill for these hotels, and along with the parking fees in midtown and downtown Atlanta, we though we would look farther out. We had never stayed in a Candlewood Suites hotel before, but the price was right, and the pet fee (for a pet up to 80 lbs) was reasonable, I believe $20 for the first night, then $15 per night thereafter. So we took a chance. We are so glad we did! I could write a very long review, but mainly would like to compliment the management for placing us at the end of the first-floor hall, right by an exit that led to the very convenient wooded pet walk area. This made taking the dog out so easy! Not to mention, the bed was very comfortable, and the cute kitchen area had everything we needed. The shower water pressure was the best I have ever experienced in a hotel! The young men at the front desk were cheerful and professional; talking to one of them about the pet situation was what made me decide to try out the hotel. They reassured me that our dog was welcome and acted as if it was no big deal. The only tiny quibbles I had were that the air conditioner was a little loud at first but we got used to it very soon and did not notice it. The place was spotless, I thought it must have recently been redone but the front desk clerk said it was original to the building (I think he said 2009?).

Room Tip: Room 142 was great for traveling with a dog!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2017

I booked 2 rooms for this hotel online and even made changes over the phone that were updated online. When we got there to check in they had switched my rooms around and even when I showed the print out from online they still did not want to admit they made mistakes. They did not want to assist in making changes or rectifying the problem until i physically went upstairs and saw they gave me the incorrect room type for me and my family. I went back downstairs to complain and the guest services attendant could not provide any clarification and didnt even try to rectify the issue. By then i was so frustrated i just asked to refund my money for the second night because I will check out a day early and go somewhere else. Even after I told them I am checking out early the night I checked in, the guest services attendant in the morning was unaware and no note was made on my account. The have terrible internal communication with the site and online. The rooms were visually nice but the hotel smelled because they do allow smoking in some rooms. Its was not worth the money I saved on the rate. I will never book this hotel again at this location or any other facility affiliated with this hotel chain.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Jessica D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with your room reservation and the level of service you received from our staff. I understand the inconvenience this has caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 28, 2017

My confirmation stated to check in after 3 pm. I attempted to check in at 3:45 and I was told that because I paid through a 3rd party - Priceline, that he wasn't sure if any rooms were available or cleaned and I was asked to wait. Someone else checked in after me and she asked if she would have the same issue and she was told it depends on how you paid/booked your room. I waited for about 15 and housekeeping confirmed that there was rooms ready. After being on the road for hours this was the last thing I expected to experience. I've used price line multiple times and have never had this experience!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this Candlewood Suites location!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Hi J7779YTlisah,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I’m very sorry to see that was not the case with you. We thank you for being our guest apologize for the level of service you received at check in as you felt this was not up to the standards that you would expect. I would like to assure you that this is not the daily norm at our property as we do strive for customer service excellence in everything we do. Please know that the actions will be taken accordingly by our upper management and proper retraining will be given to the front desk team.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for making us aware. We sincerely hope this matter will not deter you from giving us another chance to prove our dedication to customer satisfaction.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Not knowing the Atlanta area we wanted to stay out in suburbia and drive in to do the tourist things we had planned . This property was ideal for us . Quiet , but close to the highway . There are plenty of restaurants nearby.
We had made reservations a couple of hours previous to arriving and check in was smooth . I used a hotel website to book and requested 2 beds , since there were 3 of us . What we were given was a one bed in a separate room and the fold out couch . Since a teenager was going to sleep on the couch it wasn't a huge issue and it wasn't Candlewood's fault . We didn't say anything to them . We were out all day and into the evening , so we were exhausted by the time we got back and slept well.
We usually stay in cheap , basic motels , so this made us feel more like we were coming home each night . Would stay again in the future .

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Skwiki
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Although I only stayed for one night this trip, this property is very homey. Usually when I stay here it is for multiple nights. Has a full kitchen, comfortable bed, friendly staff and always clean. What more can you ask for?

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family