“worth the money”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Groton, Connecticut
“worth the money”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I read many reviews on Candlewood suites prior to booking my reservation. This place was close to the event I was attending and rates were decent. They didn't have a pool indoor or out but hey I have an outdoor pool where I live so no big deal. The room was a nice size, clean and what more could I ask for. The staff was always able to assist me since I was from out of town and didn't really know my way around. I stocked the fridge with items for my diet from the local grocery store (my choice). I am very selective. I have enjoyed my stay so far.

If I come back to the area I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank StormySnow02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Horseshoe Bend
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Apparently a new property - at least everything looked new. A super room at a great price. Plenty of outlets for all the toys we carry nowadays. Great recliner & bed. Full kitchen. Coffee maker that makes more than one cup, ice maker. Courteous & friendly staff. Everything you need except breakfast (no big loss for me) and a fancy lobby. On the breakfast issue, there are a number of options available in their little store which you can heat yourself, if you so choose.

Room Tip: The hotel is in an "L" shape. I might suggest avoiding the end toward Shackleford. No ev...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aclayar
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

My new employer flew me into company HQ, and they had me stay at this location. I was booked on the ground floor, and the room was clean and comfy! I got in late and the staff was friendly and helpful. The pillows were big and comfy, and the sheets clean and crisp. The Wi-Fi worked great, and I fell asleep HARD!

If you've never stayed in one of these before, they have a self-service snack room with sandwiches, snacks, breakfast items, and other items you can bring to your room and cook. It was well-stocked.

This hotel was a bit hard to find but very close to I-85, Best Buy, and several restaurants. Very nice place!

1 Thank yallaen
Morrow, Ohio
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is truly one on the cleanest places I have stayed. The staff was professional and nice. The room was always clean. No concerns about this place. Location is pretty good too. Close to several restaurants an mallsa

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have no clue how this hotel is the best in Duluth...in fact, that scares me. My husband and I opted to stay here over some cheaper suite options in the perimeter medical area because of the stellar reviews. All I can say is EWWW! This whole floor reeks of smoking and this room is just gross. Both chairs are peeling the material off..they couldn't bother to replace or at least put a cover over it? Typically the rooms I have stayed at that include kitchenettes are about twice the size. This is the size of a basic hotel room. I have no idea why this cost 77.99 for their best available. I would have taken la Quinta in perimeter or red roof in over this. We were hoping to have a relaxing stay in a room after a long drive. Instead we had to borrow air freshener from the front desk. Very mediocre. This is two and a half stars at best.

5 Thank beth S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear beth S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
colorado springs
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My son and I stayed there for 6 days and it was great. Great staff, clean rooms, free laundry. Will definitely stay again in near future. We cooked in our room some days and all the pots and pans were included, plates, silverware, sugar, salt, full size refrigerator, cook top. Plenty of storage and drawer space for clothing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mommieof1
Charlotte
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at Candlewood because it is very convenient to where some of my relatives live. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Great area with lots of restaurants. Very nice kitchen, which was stocked with all of the amenities that were needed. Very quiet. Nicely decorated. Convenience of a weight room, laundry, snack and refreshment area. Staff was very nice. Will stay here on my next visit to Georgia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family