“This is the only place I will stay”

Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is truly one on the cleanest places I have stayed. The staff was professional and nice. The room was always clean. No concerns about this place. Location is pretty good too. Close to several restaurants an mallsa

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have no clue how this hotel is the best in Duluth...in fact, that scares me. My husband and I opted to stay here over some cheaper suite options in the perimeter medical area because of the stellar reviews. All I can say is EWWW! This whole floor reeks of smoking and this room is just gross. Both chairs are peeling the material off..they couldn't bother to replace or at least put a cover over it? Typically the rooms I have stayed at that include kitchenettes are about twice the size. This is the size of a basic hotel room. I have no idea why this cost 77.99 for their best available. I would have taken la Quinta in perimeter or red roof in over this. We were hoping to have a relaxing stay in a room after a long drive. Instead we had to borrow air freshener from the front desk. Very mediocre. This is two and a half stars at best.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank beth S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear beth S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My son and I stayed there for 6 days and it was great. Great staff, clean rooms, free laundry. Will definitely stay again in near future. We cooked in our room some days and all the pots and pans were included, plates, silverware, sugar, salt, full size refrigerator, cook top. Plenty of storage and drawer space for clothing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mommieof1
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at Candlewood because it is very convenient to where some of my relatives live. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Great area with lots of restaurants. Very nice kitchen, which was stocked with all of the amenities that were needed. Very quiet. Nicely decorated. Convenience of a weight room, laundry, snack and refreshment area. Staff was very nice. Will stay here on my next visit to Georgia.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was looking for a place that had a recliner because I have serious back pain when laying in bed. This location was perfect and was a great place in a very good area. The room amenities were excellent. I have never seen a two burner digital plate. The microwave and refrigerator were also very good and the convenience of the food cupboard, laundry, and fitness facility were very well maintained and stocked. The staff was very friendly and willing to help me as I have serious MS symptoms. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone but especially business travelers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raymond R
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We (my husband and I) live in Greater Atlanta and needed to stay close to the Gwinnett Arena for a conference (so we wouldn't have to battle Atlanta AM traffic). This hotel had great reviews, so we decided to stay there. The hotel was very convenient to the arena and also to restaurants and the expressway. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. We had a full kitchen, living area and bedroom. The living area and bedroom each had a very nice flat screen t.v. The bathrooms were large. The whole place was nicely decorated; I really enjoyed the lighting. It was perfect. Nice front desk staff. Washers and dryers were on the premises and a little store for snacks etc... VERY NICE for the price! This will be our first choice for next year. Thanks to Charles (night attendant) and Tanya (day attendant).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LovetoTravelATL
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had never stayed at a Candlewood before and honestly I was quite impressed how nice and clean it was. The entry and hallway was clean and pleasant. My room was very clean and so was the bathroom. I had travelled all day and arrived late. I had a very good night sleep as the bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is very close to the highway and many places close by to eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business