“Loved Gwinnett County - Hated the Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
A TripAdvisor Member
Bessemer AL
Reviewed September 4, 2004

Made reservations online with Choice Hotels for a non-smoking handicapped accessable room with a king bed. When we checked in on 9-3-04, no mention was made that the room we were being sent to had none of these features!! The room was a regular room with 2 double beds and it was a smoking room - my roomate has asthma and could not tolerate the smoke infiltrated room. I went to the front desk and was told that since I had not called the hotel directly to make my reservations, I just had to take what they gave me - no other explanation, or offer to correct the situation was made. A call to Choice Hotel cutomer service resulted in a much better room at another Comfort Inn & Suites in the area. The staff at this hotel needs an attitude adjustment - as I checked out to move to the other hotel, their customer service was nil - the original clerk I had checked in with and reported the problem to was no where to be found and the desk clerk taking her place did not speak to me, she just took the room key, printed a receipt and threw the customer comment card that was filled out on a desk in the office. I will not return to or recommend this property to anyone I know traveling to the Gwinnett area.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Bessemer, AL
Reviewed September 3, 2003

Recently spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn - the room was clean, the staff was great, the lobby and breakfast area were well maintained.
Although we did not make use of the fitness room and pool both areas looked well maintained. The inn is convienent to several malls and eating establishments. If we're ever in the area again we will definitely consider a return stay.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2003

June 2003: Comfort Suites in Duluth is a very nice place to stay for the money. My suite was about $65 and included two double beds and a sofa bed. Room included coffee-maker, microwave, and fridge. Hotel also has an exercise room. Convenient to Gwinnett Mall. Located in one of the nicer areas of Metro Atlanta.

7  Thank AGS_guy