“Another Nice Stay”

Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed here for two nights for a weekend visit to Stone Moutain and Comfort Suites met our expectations. We stayed here two years ago and felt like this place for the price was well worth another stay. We wanted a indoor pool with a continental breakfast. Not too many hotels in the area have the amenities they have for the price they offer. The room has a fridge and microwave which is nice for bringing your own drinks and food. A Publix is right around the corner and there a several reasonable gas stations nearby as well. The beds are very comfortable and hardly any noise or no noise at all when we hit the sack. Plenty of nice towels in the bathroom and service and front desk people are all nice. The swimming pool was never crowded or used at all when we visited it in the mornings. The gym was expanded since our last visit with a few more machines. The only drawback is the continental breakfast nook is way too small for the crowds that come in the mornings. The set up has you climbing over eachother. The staff works hard to restock but it seems like there is never enough with the crowds. There is a good selection of muffins, bagels, cereal, and they have a meat and some hard boilded eggs along with the waffles. But it is a chore to have to wait or go back and forth to get everything you want. No problems with parking and they have the standard ice machines that use the ice buckets. The pillows in the room are comfortable as well. If we are visiting friends or exploring Atlanta we really like this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank williamkopti

Reviewed July 28, 2008

The sign says pardon the dust while they improve. Property is a little worn, but in a very nice, convenient area with many hotels. Pool was not working. Room was very large, well designed standard Comfort Suites type. Needed some patch work and paint, window work, and general maintenance. Staff was helpful offering a local map and directions. Breakfast was very well done.

This could be a really nice place with a little elbow grease. Lets hope they follow through with the promise. Still, I was very pleased with the place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I stayed at this hotel with several friends in Nov 2007 and we all had a great experience. The rooms were very clean and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The location was great and near the interstate. The service we received was outstanding, particularly from Katherine at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank helderwoman
Reviewed May 5, 2007

Just returned from the Comfort Suites and feel a responsibility to warn others. We checked in on Friday at around 1pm planning to rest all afternoon. After settling into the room (#135) and eating lunch in it, I discovered that half of the lock on the door (the lock at the top that swings across to add secondary security) was missing - ripped off the door. Also, the window screen (1st floor) was halfway off and the window was slightly open - as if someone had gone in or out of the window. I requested a new room and a very understanding desk clerk moved me down the hall to #141, I think. A couple of hours later I realized that the refrigerator in the room (which we planned to keep 2 days of food in) wasn't working. A new desk clerk told me I could move rooms or wait until the next morning and see if a repairman could fix the refrigerator. We moved again - to #148 at the end of the hall by the outside door and ice maker, hoping those wouldn't provide too much noise. Well, within an hour or so we discovered that the toilet wasn't working right. The tank wasn't filling up so you might get one flush every now and then, but even when I poured water in the tank - hoping to avoid another room change - it failed to work right. The desk clerk wasn't very happy about it, or apologetic, but she moved us again...By 6:30 pm we were in our 4th room. There were no problems with it, but my desire to rest all afternoon was ruiined by having to move me and 2 children through 4 rooms. Also, in one of the rooms half of the buttons (not the numbers, but th eextra buttons) on the phone were missing and you could just see circuitry. AND...to top it off - the "heated pool" (one main reason for picking this hotel) was so cold that even my 14 yr old son wouldn't swim in it. When I check out the clerk asked "if everything was ok." I went through the list of problems and she never really apologized, just verifiied that the 4th room was ok.

• Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank NCTraveler50
Reviewed December 28, 2006

I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the most friendly front desk agent named Emina. She was so sweet and I loved her british accent. She told me about some great places to eat on the exit and even printed me out direcitons. She also told me about all of the rennovations that will be going on in 2007 since the hotel was just taken over my new owners, She said they would be getting new furniture, new bedding, new flooring and walls, and much more!! I thought the hotel looked great but I can't wait to see the update! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a relaxing hotel with a great staff!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank sairag1
A TripAdvisor Member
Bessemer AL
Reviewed September 4, 2004

Made reservations online with Choice Hotels for a non-smoking handicapped accessable room with a king bed. When we checked in on 9-3-04, no mention was made that the room we were being sent to had none of these features!! The room was a regular room with 2 double beds and it was a smoking room - my roomate has asthma and could not tolerate the smoke infiltrated room. I went to the front desk and was told that since I had not called the hotel directly to make my reservations, I just had to take what they gave me - no other explanation, or offer to correct the situation was made. A call to Choice Hotel cutomer service resulted in a much better room at another Comfort Inn & Suites in the area. The staff at this hotel needs an attitude adjustment - as I checked out to move to the other hotel, their customer service was nil - the original clerk I had checked in with and reported the problem to was no where to be found and the desk clerk taking her place did not speak to me, she just took the room key, printed a receipt and threw the customer comment card that was filled out on a desk in the office. I will not return to or recommend this property to anyone I know traveling to the Gwinnett area.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Bessemer, AL
Reviewed September 3, 2003

Recently spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn - the room was clean, the staff was great, the lobby and breakfast area were well maintained.
Although we did not make use of the fitness room and pool both areas looked well maintained. The inn is convienent to several malls and eating establishments. If we're ever in the area again we will definitely consider a return stay.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member