“Don't let reviews put you off”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and simple with clean and tidy rooms. The tv was a nice small flatscreen with a few channels which I enjoyed cause I love American tv looool. The Internet was fast and speedy. The kitchen was a bit small but we were able to make big home cooked meals. If there was not enough utensils in the kitchen simply ask at the reception desk they will provide extra or missing ones for you same went for toilet paper, towels, napkins etc. The toilets were weak and got blocked a few times. The staff were extremely lovely and friendly. The grab and go breakfast was not bad simple muffins, oats breakfast bars oranges. The location was good within walking distance to Gwinnett mall and a couple of restaurants. A minor criticism is that there was no pool they should invest in one as it seemed all the other hotels had one except this one but overall I loved and enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Everyone has there own opinion and views so just see for urself!!! :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank armaniblu
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and staff. We are pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our full kitchen and take advantage of our grab-and-go breakfast; however, we apologize that there was no pool for your enjoyment. Still, I am happy to hear that our staff provided courteous and exceptional service. In response to your feedback, I am pleased that your overall experience was a good one.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gwp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed there for 2 weeks the room was clean but the kitchen was not stock with decent utensils, there was a pot and pan but no lids for them, I requested non-smoking the room smelled like smoke cause although the 1st floor was non-smoking guest were allowed to smoke in those rooms, I complained to the staff; the blond lady acts like she cant hear what I said. If you stay for a week they wont give you housekeeping service unless you pay for it and you have to carry your dirty towels to the front desk to get cleans ones.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for missing utensils, and smoke smell in your room, it is truly regrettable. I am meeting with my team of front desk staff and housekeepers to ensure this issue does not repeat in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwp@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If your looking for a long-term stay, This is the best for your money. I STAYED FOR 2mths. You won't find anything better within 20 miles SPACIOUS, CLEAN, QUIET, & STAFF IS EXCELLENT. SAM, SHAWN, VICTORIA, SHEREE, can't remember everyone's name, But THEY were ALL GREAT ! I would highly recommend for any type of stay family, business, whatever. Rm-128

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff was able to make you feel at home.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Many reviews here are misleading. I had a bad stay though my expectation was pretty low.
I thought this is a typical ESA. Firm No. This is par below even the ESA level. Many guests are long term guests. I would not recommend this premise to family travelers.
Here is why:
1. At night I was able to smell people smoking pots. I checked out the hallway and many rooms had towels underneath the door to block what?.
2. Kitchen items, utensil are unusable. They are all dirty and don't even bother to clean them.
3. The bathroom is dirty and wear and tear are not beyond guest's use. Disgusting.
4. All breakfast items are gone by 7-8am. One day I checked out the trays 8am. All gone except one rotten orange.
5. They provide the Internet service via InnFlux instead of standard vendor provided by most ESA. They block the Internet from time to time without a reason. They just failed to detect abuse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have detected abuse (viral/malware activity, P2P file sharing, etc) coming from your device. This type of activity is in violation of the Terms Of Service (TOS) you agreed to when you registered to use the High Speed Internet Access (HSIA).

There is another ESA to the Mall. Don't even think about staying there. Even worse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IADFlyer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our WiFi access was not working properly during your visit and the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. We will work to improve these offerings moving forward.

Please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. We have strict policies in place, which ensure that our guests are comfortable and safe. I assure you, your remarks are being taken very seriously.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at spearson@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further and hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We didn't have beds- pull out couches. We had a "suite." It was a large enough room without a refrigerator, a plastic table from Wal-Mart, 30 year old comforters, we had to request an ice bucket, glasses, and enough towels, and the room was very much in need of a huge makeover. The staff was pleasant. I look forward to seeing if our stay was in fact comped.

Room Tip: Make sure they aren't overbooked.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sheree provided great customer service and care. She was really nice. The room was clean and well structured for an overnight business. Next time I visit Duluth, Georgia I will more than likely choose this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and the staff were able to make you feel at home, especially Sheree.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed here about five times. I was shocked when I arrived and was told my reservation through Priceline was cancelled because the hotel had mixed me up with a trouble making guest with my same last name. After the women at the desk recognized me, they tried to correct the mistake through Priceline. Their efforts and mine were for naught. Priceline is horrible, and after 7 years of being a loyal customer, I will never use it again. Luckily there is plenty of competition.

In any event, the hotel gave me the similar Price I obtained through booking through Priceline bid and there were no other problems with my stay.

As always, the newly renovated room was nice and comfortable. They started grab and go breakfast with coffee, muffins, instant oatmeal and fruit. My only recommendation is they should have a variety of muffins, including chocolate and chocolate chip.

Also, there is stove top, microwave, and full frig in the rooms. Therefore, if you have a car, you can drive to Publix, which is about a mile away to buy food to cook in the room.

The hotel is near several restaurants of varying prices within walking distance or a short car ride. Also, within walking distance is a large mall. If you drive and you have car problems like I did, there are car dealers within a mile or two and Firestone and Goodyear within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
13 mi away
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth? Share your experiences!