“Home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth
Duluth, Georgia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel because of the cleanup and the restoration process after severe damage to my townhome. The staff has been NOTHING short of GREAT!!! I really appreciate the personal attention and the constant communication. It makes the temporary absence from my home a comfortable one.

One employee in particular; Sheree( im not sure if its spelled correctly) has been WONDERFUL!! I come in from work during her shift and she always greets me with a smile, asks how my day went and how the progress on my home is coming along. Even when I dont have the greatest outlook on my situation, she always seems to make me look at the positive side. If the goal of your hotel is to make a guest feel welcome, appreciated and willing to return and spread the word about the service, then she definately represents it well!!

• Stayed February 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Southern Minnesota
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been traveling between MN and GA for the last two years. I have stayed here 25+ times during this period. Gustave and Sherre go above and beyond to make sure that everyone is happy during their time here. They always greet me with a smile, by name, and a friendly word or two. Shawn does a great Job since taking over as manager and the hotel seems better for it. She's a good fit for the position and is always willing to resolve any minor issues I may have. I have, and will continue to recommend this hotel to my business associates when they are flying in.

Over all, I like it here. My company will put me up in any hotel I want and I choose to be here. A few more cable stations would make it even better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank R Z
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service provided by Gustave, Sherre and Shawn. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed October 21, 2012

MY exoerience was that of a person in between apts for 30+days. I picked this hotel because of my new job. THE HOTEL IS GREAT! VICTORIA,AND GUSTAVE are VERY WELCOMING,GREAT SMILES and give great compliment to the place. * While Another EMPLOYEE WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO HARASS ME UNECESSARILY, CALLING ME AND KNOCKIN ON MY DOOR TO SEE IF IM STILL HERE. On my last day after SPENDING OVER $1500 IN THIS PLACE....She then charged ME$25 PLUS TAX...IN ORDER to CHECK OUT. Stated that she will have to keep my belongings AFTER i called her to extend my checkout.SHE HANDLES THE PLACE LIKE A ROOMING HOME OR MAYBE A SHELTER.She never, once sent cleaning to my room,so i would have to change rooms. Then she would say there us only one housekeeper, i shoulnt be changing rooms. She stated that THEY are not supposed to keep changing my room. Even though i paid nightly. Never once offerd me a weekly rate. ******* IF U GO TO THIS HOTEL...TRY WEEKENDS. IF U HAVE TO GO WEEKDAYS, CHECK IN AFTER 3 PM!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Atlanta - Gwinnett Place. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay for business travelers staying more than a night or two. Victoria at the front desk went out of her way to make my stay comfortable. Had a problem with the tv after checking in and she was quick to offer solutions and even went to an alternative room to make sure everything worked. She was very friendly and courteous. Truely a valuable employee.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, October 19, 2012

Duluth
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Let me start by saying that I have stayed at both ESD & the ESA. ESD for almost a year, and the ESA since July 2012. My experience with ESD was good with the exception of a couple of items such 1 questionable desk clerk who in my opinion overstepped her boundaries on a couple of occasions( such as going to guest rooms and drinking with them and flirting with male customers)but was never repremanded to my knowledge and is still working the front desk. The manager; though very professional when approached was less than accomadating when repremanding his employees about issues and blew off the complaints that he was presented with. However; the ESA has been very accomadating and the manager Nicole, has been stellar in meeting our needs when possible. The staff is wonderful, but just like other establishments there is always something that can be found to have issue with such as one particular staff member at the front desk. I will not mention names as it would unprofessional of me unless I had something positive to say but this young lady needs to leave whatever personal problems she has at home and remember that her focus should be on customer service instead of the unprofessionalism she shows on a consistent basis. With that being said this ESA has become a place I can call home and be comfortable with. I would like to also commend Shawn, Gustave, Sherri at the front desk and maintnance and one particular housekeeper that for the life of me I cannot recall her name. Sam & Nicole; if you read this, kuddos to you for having built such a wonderful staff at this location. I will crertainly recommend this ESA to anyone I come across needing a place to stay. If I had one suggestion: PLEASE PROVIDE A BETTER SELECTION OF CABLE CHANNELS. A&E, FX, AND PLEASE FIND A BETTER PREMIUM CHANNEL THAN SHOWTIME. IF I LEFT FOR ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT IT WOULD BE FOR THAT REASON AND THAT REASON ONLY.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, October 25, 2012

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay America while looking for an apt in Duluth and I loved it. The staff and the manager are extremely friendly and willing to help. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed August 2012

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a surprise this Extended Stay was! I originally wanted to check into the "deluxe" version next door, but, they apparently had a flood in the rooms and were booked, plus theres nobody in the lobby from 11pm to 7am. I went next door to the normal Extended Stay and checked in. 2 really nice ladies checked me in (names I forget) and I was using a free nights stay voucher, so the more seasoned girl was showing the overnight person how to do that. I got a queen non smoking room. The room was VERY clean and nice! I cant stress how clean it was. Bed was fairly comfy, AC worked well, flat screen TV (SD feed) and free wifi (I didnt use). Bathroom had plenty of hot water with a great shower head. I didnt use the kitchen outside of the fridge. The hotel is right next to I-85 but I never heard the highway. Its also a few steps from the Gwinnett Place Mall. Someone commented the hallway smelled funny, and I did notice it had an odd smell to it, but, it wasnt bad, but my room smelled so good and fresh and clean! Smooth checkout with another very friendly staff member. I would absolutely stay here again. It seems like Extended Stay has gotten really serious about putting good management in place and making sure the employees are happy and the guests are too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. The staff and I strive to provide all of our guests with friendly customer service and clean surroundings; we are so happy to read we were able to do that for you! For the reason you came to stay with us, please accept my apologies for our sister property; sometimes acts of nature happen which we cannot control.