“Would certainly recommend, 5 stars!”

Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Would certainly recommend, 5 stars!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed at several of the hotels in this area, and by far found this to be the most pleasant experience, which surprised me, given the price was below some of the surrounding competitors. This hotel has fewer floors and fewer rooms than its competitors which allows for the perfect combination of warm and friendly atmosphere with efficiency of getting in and out of the hotel. Additionally, the front staff was superb and extremely attentive.

The breakfast exceeded my expectations, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location is superb with surrounding restaurants and easy access to the interstate. This will likely be my choice of hotels for the Gwinnett area going forward and I would highly recommend it for your traveling needs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Before I came here I was very worried because it wasn't expensive and I've stayed in bad places before. However, this place exceeded my expectations! The guy at the desk who greeted us (Al) was VERY nice and helped with directions to places around the city (what a great guy!). The hallways had a nice, clean smell, and the room was very pretty! The bathroom was clean and smelled really nice. Breakfast was a buffet and it was delicious! All in all, we enjoyed our stay and we wouldn't mind staying here again :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater Beach, FL
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Clean, comfortable room with a good breakfast at a reasonable price. Front desk management helpful and a Red Lobster close by. What more to ask for a brief night stopover

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The Good: The room appeared to be recently redecorated and remodeled, and it was clean and fresh-smelling. The breakfast was a level above the average complimentary fare--eggs, sausage, pastries, yogurts, waffles, cereals, etc. The bed was very comfortable. And the room was extremely quiet even though we were right across the hall from the lobby--we never heard a thing. We somehow ended up with a handicapped-accessible room. If I were handicapped, I would've been impressed with the availability of a "peep hole" on the bottom half of the door, the multiple hand rails in the bathroom and shower, and the removable shower seat. The location was close to restaurants and a terrific international farmers' market (go there just to browse even if you don't buy anything). We felt very safe.

The Bad: The shower looked shabby, and the handle that attached the removable shower head to the wall was broken, which would've been very dangerous had someone who really needed it grabbed it. They could've been hurt very badly. Also, the caulking job in the shower and on the sink faucet was something I could've done better myself, and I'm no expert. The sink faucet was almost falling off, and when we arrived, there was no water. The front desk told us it would be back on in 30 minutes--a pipe burst, and they were waiting for the glue to dry on the pipes. Two hours later, the water was finally back on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've stayed at numerous properties surrounding this one, but was anxious to give it a try after seeing the many positive reviews -and I'll admit, this one is by far my favorite! The reason..............easy access. It's an older property (1980s?) but you wouldn't notice from the interior; it's been nicely updated and features the urban-chic decor of the current Holiday Inn brand. There's no ultra swagger, but rather nice contemporary rooms that are just the right size and fit the bill for the overnight business traveler.

Being half the size of its competitors, the low room count means short elevator wait times with a surprisingly intimate feel. My first floor room had me out the door and on my way in less than a minute! Plus, there is very easy access to I-85, big box retailers and supermarkets.

The friendly staff, manager's reception (read free beer + wine), clean rooms and modern decor puts this one at the top of my list for the Gwinnett/Duluth area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
The New Rome
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Extremely comfortable rooms with great beds. Excellent staff with Al and Jamal doing the extra's that make a stay exceptional. Fantastic biscuit and gravy breakfast. I will stay again next time I'm in Atlanta area on business. Very nice local eateries as well.
Kudo's

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank boucman
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I travel to Georgia from Canada often and stay at a different hotel each time I visit. I initially decided to stay at this Holiday Inn express solely based on price.
Right from check-in to check-out I have to say the service was exceptional. The hotel must have been recently renovated because the lobby and room looked great. We had no idea the hot breakfast was free, that was a nice plus.
Overall, my family was very happy and we finally found a place we would like to regularly stay at.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family