“Clean and comfortable, great value!”

Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I travel to Georgia from Canada often and stay at a different hotel each time I visit. I initially decided to stay at this Holiday Inn express solely based on price.
Right from check-in to check-out I have to say the service was exceptional. The hotel must have been recently renovated because the lobby and room looked great. We had no idea the hot breakfast was free, that was a nice plus.
Overall, my family was very happy and we finally found a place we would like to regularly stay at.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2011

We needed to stay five nights, have very ill family member in the area. Researched online, found this place at such a great rate that I was scared to book it, thought there had to be a catch. But booked it and crossed my fingers. We were stunned, location was great, convenient to many things, perfect for us, clean and had microwave and fridge in room. To a person, be it desk, breakfast or housekeeping staff, all were exceedingly courteous, helpful and professional. Rooms were clean as any I have ever seen and housekeeping never slipped. If we were gone all day, we came back to a perfectly made-up room; if we were there during regular cleaning time, they didn't beat on the door like most hotels, they let us be and then when we left, even for a couple hours, they must have rushed in because our room was always perfect when we returned. Never seen such attentiveness from housekeeping anywhere. Per the desk staff, think we mainly dealt with Melissa and Jamal (if memory serves). But anyhow, we had questions about the area several times and all were helpful and friendly, and they always greeted us warmly as we came and went. Breakfasts were good, clean dining area, fresh items and nice variety, bacon and omelets or sausage and biscuits, gravy, plus all the usual cold items. Had free Atlanta Constitution newspapers and USA Today you could pick up in the lobby. We slept well, bed was great, never heard noise at night. Shower pressure perfect. Our room had calming view, we were separated from upscale office building next door by pretty woodsy area. If I had to say anything negative, it was that my husband loves milk at night and couple nights he took a couple little milk boxes out of the breakfast area fridge to have with snacks we had in our room; but the last night we stayed they had LOCKED the little fridge. Guess if you want milk at night, take it at breakfast and put it in your room fridge. We are fairly light breakfast eaters and I never drink milk so it hurt my feelings a little he didnt get his milk that night. But it is so minor a thing, I still think it's an exceptional place to stay.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Aug 2010 and we were very impressed. When we checked in a man named Al checked us in. He gave had made a website for things to do while we were in town and we used it the whole trip. The staff was very friendly. And breakfast was way more than we ever expected. We will definitely stay here on our next trip. Thanks to everybody that made our week great!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2010

WE checked in the hotel around 1am. Upon exiting the elevators I heard dogs barking loudly in 2 room which happened to be next to the rooms we were supposed to be in. I immediately went back downstairs to request a change in rooms. She changed us to another floor only to get off the elevator and smell Marijuana- nice since I was traveling with my 15 yr & 12 yr old. The key cards would not work either. I went back downstairs to get the keys re-done at the desk and advised that it smelled like marijuana.
Finally got into our rooms at about 130AM.
The deadbolt in our room did not work. We went down for breakfast the next morning and there was no food-all of the trays were empty- no bacon, eggs, breads, everything except for the cereal was empty. There was no breakfast host which is required for HOliday Inn Express. We got a cup of apple juice and there were black stuff in the bottom of the cup. So we left and got McDonalds for breakfast.
oH- and the front desk manager did leave an apology letter under the door for the barking dogs and the locks not working and had the nerve to ask us to rate them "Very Satisfied" should I get a guest survey from them. And then offered 1000 Priority Club points (which I never received). Sounded like a bribe to me and I would certainly NOT rate my stay very satisfied!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travelgrl1
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed here for a concert at Gwinnett Arena. This Holiday Inn Express is very convenient to area attractions. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The rooms where very clean and offered everything we expected. Excellent value for the price we paid. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express! I was in town for a New Kids On The Block concert. The General Manager was extremley helpful and guided me to excellent attractions in the area as well. My room was wonderful, very comfortable and very clean! The staff made me feel welcome during my stay and I really enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning.

I will def stay again next time I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MicrotelGalleria
Reviewed February 6, 2007

Stayed here because it was rated #1 in the area. A joke!!! The staff is nice, the rooms are okay, but VERY dated. DO NOT stay here if smoking bothers you in any way. It is the only place I've ever stayed where each floor has smoking rooms mixed in and alternating with non-smoking ones. The halls have a strong smoke smell as did my NON-SMOKING room. I've been taking sinus medicine all day as my 1 night stay did a number on my allergies!!! They need to re-think their smoking room layout, or better yet, make this SMALL hotel non-smoking like so many other hotel chains are doing.

Stayed: February 2007