“Great Place For An Extended Stay”

Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My Wife and myself just finished spending 10 days here...we have absolutely no complaints..all front desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful ..room has a full size fridge and a cook-top stove with a separate sleeping area ..just right size for the two of us..room was quiet and had a coffee maker and most utensils that a person needs if they want..lots of restaurants in the Duluth area to pick from..located close to Interstate 85 and not far from most shopping areas..I would not hesitate to book this hotel again when we are in the Duluth GA. area..Thank You to all the staff at the hotel for making our trip enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grouzer

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Overall a great visit. Staff was fantastic, stayed on a 2 room suite and room was very clean and comfy. Breakfast was great for family needs. Pool is a little small but did the job- Rewards member, Janis S.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank janisstott
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were here for 3 weeks. The reservation was for 3 adults and 3 children (the 2 Bedroom Suite, Bedroom 1: 1 Queen, Bedroom 2: 1 Queen, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2, Fireplace) but just 3 days after checking in my lovely niece was born. The staff were so excited and welcomed her. they went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable to our surprise because we just exceeded the maximum occupancy. To you guys it was no big deal but to us you helped us relax and we really felt loved. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
The hotel is generally neat and the house keepers are really doing a great job. The suite is better than they appear on your website. The buffet breakfast is something else and thanks to you my kids now love making their own waffles. The Internet is really high speed. Our kitchen was well equipped.
It a walking distance to Bahama Breeze, Hibatchi Buffet and Farmers market amongst others.
It was a cute mini home away from HOME.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank onyiiog
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stay here 1-2 times a year. We always ask for a room on the third floor since you can sometimes hear the noise above you. The hotel is always clean, the front desk is very helpful and the breakfasts are great. Would highly recommend this hotel with the tip of getting a room on the top/3rd floor.

Room Tip: request room on top/3rd floor to avoid any inconveniences that come with hearing the guests above yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda_and_Javier
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Arrived late in the evening for business. Check in was quick and the lobby was nice and modern. The room was surprised. I don't normally stay at Residence Inn but a good trip advisor rating and reasonable price on the company website enticed me stay here.

The room was large with a nice fridge, microwave, etc. I did not use those items, but surprised to see decent quality appliances.

There was a nice sitting area and office space. The desk has multiple outlets to handle all of my electronic needs. Bed was comfortable and TV had lots of channels including multiple pay stations. The shower had a glass door which is always a plus. The water could have been hotter but that is not a criticism.

The one item to suggest is to have a list of area restaurants. I asked about a breakfast place where I could pick up pastries for my meeting and the front desk had no suggestion because they were "not from the area." They were, however, very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 3 weeks. The staff was really nice. There are only 2 things I had an issue with: 1. I am a tv person, unfortunately the channels in the bedroom was substantially less than the channels in the living room. I reported it to the staff on numerous occasions, but it was never resolved. 2. The smells in the hallway from others cooking was overwhelming most days. I really think that odor neutralizers need to be installed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jim F, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your critique of our hotel. We pride ourselves on being a very friendly and helpful team of associates. I am so sorry that we did not address your television issue during your visit.
Our hotel hosts a large percentage of extended stay guests who enjoy the full kitchen in each suite. This does sometimes result in cooking odors. Thank you for your excellent suggestion!

We look forward to your next visit!

Jim Flanagan

Reviewed March 24, 2014

First, I called this hotel in advance of my stay to let them know I wanted a first floor room adjacent to an exit as I was traveling with my elderly dog. Being a stellar member of the rewards program should have been worth something. They had no record of this request....and initially offered me a second floor room. I said no...it had to be first floor. Then she moved someone else who hadn't checked in as of yet.

Second, the clerk didn't even welcome me as a Gold member of the program. Usually you are suppose to receive a little welcome bag that usually contains a bottled water and a snack or two. Instead I got nothing.

When I arrived into my room, I got my dog settled and fed....and discovered there was no dishwashing liquid to wash out her dish. I had to go back and ask.....and of course no one was at the desk at the time....I had to wait a few minutes. While the clerk was pleasant, they sure didn't go out of their way to make me feel welcome as they made me feel like I was asking for a new car, not a bottle of dishwashing liquid.

Now back to the room... While generally speaking the room was clean, the cabinetry definitely showed their wear. At the very least, they need a good cleaning, and adjustment of drawers.

As for the pet walk area....please...someone, refrain from using mulch and use grass instead. It was hard to discern where some poor pet owners neglected to clean up after their pet. In addition, it was a dark area and full of trash (cans, bottles). Made me feel unsafe. So I kept to the grass.

Overall, my stay was average. Bummer that it was full of red tape and poor for my dog.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jim F, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your visit with us.
Please accept my sincere apology for the conditions you found during your visit.
I truly regret that you were not treated with respect as a Gold Elite Marriott Rewards member. This is distressing to learn and unacceptable. Be assured that I have reviewed your comments with the team members. You are extrememely important to the success of the Marriott brand as well as our hotel. I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Jim Flanagan